garrosh heroic siege engineer

hello guys,

my guild and i started the garrosh hc progression.

i am forced to kill the siege engineers which have roughly 3 million hp ~.

it doesn't matter how, but i have to kill these adds twice somehow.

i tried to kill these adds with sublety spec and used the following two rotations :

rotation1 :

-add spawns-
    1. shadowstep+shadowblades + redirect (5cp) + 5cp (anticipation)
    2. hemorrage to apply the debuff -> 2 x eviscrate
    3. shadowdance -> 2-3 time ambush -> 2 time eviscrate

-second add spawn-
    1. shadowstep + redirect (5cp)+ 5cp anticipation+pot+ synpase springs
    2. hemorrage to apply the debuff -> 2 x eviscrate
    3. vanish -> 2 time ambush -> eviscrate
    4. backstab until 5 cp -> eviscrate

problem is that my current rotation doesnt work every try.
    so i'm asking for some help from you guys.

could also play combat where i have a 566 heroic mainhand which isnt upgraded yet but i dont know if combat does more burst dmg than sublety.

ty 4 help and sorry 4 my bad englando

why on earth are they making a rogue do that.... such a waste

because method did durr

in all seriousness, you need the ranged dps to kill the boss adds thats probably why
    Last edited by hurdurr; 2013-10-10 at 05:05 PM.

but no one seems to be able to kill the 3million hp ad during the 10 sec channel expect sublety rogues

Deleted
    Why on earth do u burn ur eviscerates w/o Find Weakness up? Or am I reading it wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on positioning of ranged it should be reasonable to get a single ranged, particularly a destro lock (portal/gateway) or hunter (gateway/disengage), to help.

It IS unclear if you're unloading 2 eviscerates before FW is up - don't; I'm not sure on the *highest* burst, but if you have 5 CP ready, unloading one either before the hemo or before the ShD is appropriate - unloading all CP before FW is up is not at all recommended, since you'll only regain a few CP in that time, and landing eviscerates under FW is quite important.

(using evis before hemo would be a severe loss, but allow you to reach 5 anticipation again sooner. Unsure of final result in a burst scenario. Someone else might go line by line through the options and damage; don't have the time or interest atm)

Definitely make sure you have FW up before unloading those evis... Maybe dont redirect 10 cps, so you can vanish/ambush/hemo to get FW and SV up, then dump the 10 cps you will have by then anyway.

Why would you do the engs ? Before you say because the top guilds did it, thats a lie Paragon, Exorceus, Envy, Blood Legion and Midwinter (in other words the other 5 guilds that killed h Garry) had no sub rogues in theyre rosters, all theyre rogues were either combat or assas and unless Im very mistaken on the Blood Legion video of the kill they never sent rogues to do the engs, I personaly think there are many better options (specialy in a 25 man if thats your case) to handle the engs than a rogue.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2013-10-11 at 01:32 PM.

Deleted
    im not nearly at garrosh hc but wouldnt it be wise to use both ur vanish on the engineer?

so rotation would look like this:

1. vanish + Shadowstep + Redirect ( 5cp + 5 anticipation seems unavoidable as its a long way to run to these engineers)

2. Garrote > Eviscerate > Premeditation + Ambush > Eviscerate

3. Backstab and Eviscerate as energy and combopoints are available

this way u have 100% FW uptime and ~ 8s of Master of Subtlety. after this u use Prep and can do it the same way for the second engineer.
    Dont know if this is enough to get them killed. But u dont waste Combopoints (only 1-2) and energy.

edit: tried it on a raid dummy and was doing 4 million in 12 sec. i know in raid Environment its not as easy but its quiet predictable this way that ur cds are ready
    Last edited by mmocbbe24da01c; 2013-10-12 at 04:49 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Why would you do the engs ? Before you say because the top guilds did it, thats a lie Paragon, Exorceus, Envy, Blood Legion and Midwinter (in other words the other 5 guilds that killed h Garry) had no sub rogues in theyre rosters, all theyre rogues were either combat or assas and unless Im very mistaken on the Blood Legion video of the kill they never sent rogues to do the engs, I personaly think there are many better options (specialy in a 25 man if thats your case) to handle the engs than a rogue.
    What combo of classes would you say is better? Besides lock/lock for 25 man

Deleted
    On 25 man we use rogues too. On first engineer we have 1 rogue there just idling and waiting the engineer to spawn. That way he gets trinkets up on the first engi, he also uses his cds and has a disc priest helping him. 2nd engi we have 2 rogues and disc priest. Still sometimes iron star gets through if bad rng, so if we want to make it safe we send 1 extra ranged there to help. The rogue who is on both engis is sub and the other is combat.

We noticed with rogues the add handling is easier as no add aggro to them and they dont need to play with lock portals.
    Last edited by mmoc9a401b276e; 2014-04-08 at 06:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    rogues are a good choice because they can either A) stay up and survive the iron star with Cloak, or return to garrosh between engineers without disturbing the pathing of the Farseer so that he will be hit by the iron star
    are you being asked to solo the engineer? because thats pushing it even in BiS gear with flawless play

(edit) this must be 10 man sorry for the misinformation as the engineers have 8million? in 25 man
    Last edited by planktin; 2014-04-08 at 06:18 AM.

I would recommend just having whatever CP you have, redirecting it to the engi, Vanish to get FW, and dump Eviscerates. Capping at 10 CP and being at 6 really won't make much of a difference. When you are going to the engineer, you have the boss targeted and HaT is proccing, so there is no telling what you will be at. The important thing is to get FW up then dump Eviscerates. So, you could do Step > Redirect > Vanish > Garrote/Hemo > Ambush (maybe 2 depending on haste but probably not) > Eviscerate > Eviscerate > Finish with Backstabs.

How my recently buried did garrosh included just one engineer which I as combat rogue killed. Just saved an killing spree for the engineer, shadowstepped up, expose armor (glyphed) and KS. That's it, glide away with goblin glider, vanish to prevent aggro from the spawning shaman and nitro boost back to boss when you land from gliding. I would've preferred an ranged to kill the engineer but I didn't mind doing it, we all knew that I could do it every time, wouldn't die to iron star no matter what and would be able to get back to boss very quickly (because of engineering more than being a rogue though).
    Last edited by Jiigeri; 2014-04-08 at 06:07 PM.

not sure why this was necrod, but if your rogue is the highest dmg to the engineers, the ranged dps in your raid are either awful or severely undergeared and should be sat.
    And if you are just copying method, lol.

Thanks for the necro catch. Since the discussion moved to OTHER classes and the OP is long past the original question, closing the thread. -Kael
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-04-09 at 06:21 AM.