Resto Shaman Totem Haste Breakpoint Help

So I understand that the breakpoints aren't static and I'm trying to figure out my own personal levels. I am having two problems in determining this:

1) The total amount of ticks shown on totemspot is different than that shown in the elitist jerks guide. They both show that I should get 3 more ticks at around 8900 haste, but totemspot says the total ticks should be 10 and elitist jerks say the total ticks at that haste level should be 9. Which is correct? I'm pretty sure its 10.

2) I know the breakpoints are going to differ, but I'm comparing myself to the other shaman in my raid. I have 9100 haste and he has 7820 and it looks like we are getting the exact same amount of ticks. Why is that?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8965&e=9441

I am running with 15316 haste and I am always getting 12 ticks/ the 19203 cap. My average ms in raids is around 30 I think.

I will just post a section of elitistjerks 5.4 Restoshamanguide
    Haste

There is a known bug affecting the behavior of HTT and HST regarding haste. It appears that HTT and HST will gain or lose a tick near their haste breakpoints due to latency issues and might randomly award another tick at arbitrary haste levels. The second part has led the resto community to believe that the haste breakpoints are wrong which is not the case. For all intent and purposes the Haste section and its theorycrafting will reflect the intended behavior of both of these abilities.

Personal observations (special thanks to Mimu for his valuable help) have proved the following. For more detailed information and the observed results refer to the discussion at #69. In short :

1. HST and HTT breakpoints are correct however if you have above 50 world latency chances are that you are going to lose a tick if you are very close to your haste breakpoint more often than not.
    2. HTT breakpoints in practice will, to some extent, follow Healing Rains breakpoints. Note that both totems will not follow spell haste breakpoint calculation methods due to their fixed duration so there is no need for time adjustment in the formula (special thanks to Binkestein for his help on that). This means that even though HTT appears to almost coincide with HR breakpoints, by no means their formulas are the same.

[b]As a final note. With the latency issues all of HTT and HST breakpoints are fluid and very unreliable. Just because you hit a haste breakpoint you are not guaranteed an extra tick. It is not therefore recommended to aim for these soft haste caps. For more information on how to reforge do read on. For in-depth explanation refer to #71.

How to reforge Haste

Since HST and HTT extra ticks are for the most part dependent on your latency their first breakpoint of 3764(3306 for goblins) is greatly devalued. Aim for as low as 871 (441 for goblins) as you can. For this exact reason Ancestral Swiftness talent is also greatly devalued. Given the fact that Echo of the Elements doesn't synergize well with most spells Elemental Mastery talent becomes the strongest contender. As gear ilevels increase haste will become exponentially harder to control. Depending on your percentage of RT usage ,when 5676 (5199 for goblins) becomes easy to attain, you might want to reforge to it although it is not recommended since that one extra tick of the HoT portion will not make up for the loss of the throughput the other secondary stats would bring. At 7613 (7116 for goblins) HR gets an extra tick. In a situation where you're stuck at a high level of haste, it can be beneficial to go for that haste breakpoint, however, the throughput gained would generally not make up for the lost secondaries in other stats, specifically crit and mastery. Refer to Secondary Stats Priority and Reforging section of this guide for further information on Mastery vs Crit. As a rule of thumb, consider reforging to haste only when you are very close to the haste breakpoint and you cannot reforge out of it.
    This problems exists since 5.0
    we can only hope with all the inputlag fixes coming out for other clases we will get ours too.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    This problems exists since 5.0
    we can only hope with all the inputlag fixes coming out for other clases we will get ours too.
    I get that. I understand it and have read it over multiple times. What I am trying to determine is my specific case. What I don't understand is why the other shaman is getting the same amount of ticks that I am at a drastically lower haste level. I need to figure out why we are BOTH getting 10 ticks, but he is 1000 haste below the estimated cap. I can't figure that out. Thats why I linked the logs to see if maybe I'm misreading something.

hah i used to be in your guild!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rmlunsford View Post
    The total amount of ticks shown on totemspot is different than that shown in the elitist jerks guide. They both show that I should get 3 more ticks at around 8900 haste, but totemspot says the total ticks should be 10 and elitist jerks say the total ticks at that haste level should be 9. Which is correct? I'm pretty sure its 10.
    From Totemspot : "I have decided not to show any "initial pulses" that may occur when a spell is cast, as there's no consistency to how it works. If there is an initial pulse, the only change is to add 1 to the total number of ticks. The break points as they relate to additional ticks do not change."