Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Green fire final boss

So here is my question. everything goes pretty smoothly i put my pit lord behind the portal for the felhunter phase. 8/10 times i kill the felhunters without my enslave buff getting eaten. But every single time i get to the second set of felhunters they always eat the buff. i even tried putting the pit far far away. is it a bug? is it suppose to be like that? I know its not suppose to be easy, but when you tried it more than 50-60 times it gets annoying dying in the same phase over and over. anything i might be able to do? or tips? would be much appreciated

Deleted
    you sure the buff gets eaten and doesn't just run out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusiscool View Post
    So here is my question. everything goes pretty smoothly i put my pit lord behind the portal for the felhunter phase. 8/10 times i kill the felhunters without my enslave buff getting eaten. But every single time i get to the second set of felhunters they always eat the buff. i even tried putting the pit far far away. is it a bug? is it suppose to be like that? I know its not suppose to be easy, but when you tried it more than 50-60 times it gets annoying dying in the same phase over and over. anything i might be able to do? or tips? would be much appreciated
    You 100% sure its is being dispelled and not falling off? I ended up re-enslaving my pit-lord before every felpup stage as it had a nasty habit of expiring during that phase!

What they said, the timing works out that the duration times out around the 2nd felhound phase. Make sure you're re-applying.

There's a huge thread on the second page here about the green fire quest line. But yeah it's most likely falling off. The consensus it seemed from what I read was to re-enslave him when the boss is casting the doomguard.

ah okay, thanks for the responses, that might actually be it. ill try and see if that works out.

When I did it I re-enslaved before the first Doomguard spawn. This should give you more than enough duration to finish out the fight. This way you can use the pitlord to tank the doomgaurd instead of worrying about banishing it and you do not need to worry about pitlord threat resetting on it by re-enslaving at a later point in the fight.

Deleted
    First off spec: use Destruction. get Shadow talent for aoe stun to help on fel puppies, make sure u got enough embers for that phase burn em down asap.
    second. find out when boss does his aoe, try and figure out timing on your pit lords interupt. right after u casted interupt on boss u cast chaos bolt. boss takes 100% more dmg for the duration that hes stunned or interupted, from the pitlords charge interupt.

if u do it like that u wont get fel puppies on second time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demologic View Post
    First off spec: use Destruction. get Shadow talent for aoe stun to help on fel puppies, make sure u got enough embers for that phase burn em down asap.
    second. find out when boss does his aoe, try and figure out timing on your pit lords interupt. right after u casted interupt on boss u cast chaos bolt. boss takes 100% more dmg for the duration that hes stunned or interupted, from the pitlords charge interupt.

if u do it like that u wont get fel puppies on second time.
    Also, I don't know if you still can but you could when I did the quest on my warlock: Go with GoSac, you keep the buff when you have the enslaved pitlord, but you can't normally have another pet while you use the pitlord.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even if you get the message that your Enslave Demon spell has been devoured, that can still just be the spell's duration coming to an end. The script that checks for the debuff on the pit lord doesn't know or care how or why it's removed. It returns that generic (and possibly wrong) message regardless.

Also, as was said before, once you get the fight mechanics down it's highly unlikely -- a few weeks into patch 5.4 -- that you lack sufficient gear to finish the fight before the second set of felpuppies ever enter into it. I had an average item level of 513 when I did this fight, and I didn't even have to re-enslave the pit lord. That requires only around 100,000 dps, which, despite all of the fight mechanics to contend with, isn't unreasonable for a warlock in last tier's LFR gear with GoSac and a pit lord ally.

Deleted
    I did this the other day on my 555 lock, and killed it first time, got just after enslaving the pit lord when he died lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of taking Pit Lord behind the gate - take him behind one of the far pillars at the entrance to the "room". Even if Felhunters eat the enslave, it will take a good 10 seconds for the pit lord to get close enough to you to charge, with that you can easily deal with Felhunters and re-enslave Pit Lord just in time for cataclysm.

Deleted
    you dont even have to send him behind one of the pillars just send him to other end of the room (outrange the felhunters no need for LoS) and run in the opposite direction (but place a RoF on the gate to get aggro or use a self heal)

Ah I would love to do the fight again and show it to some friends and watch this sucker going down with 559 ilvl

it would also be epic if Blizz would downgrade your gear to a specific level so that it istn a piece of cake to get green fire wenn next expansion is coming
    Last edited by mmoca54f789dce; 2013-10-11 at 12:22 PM.

This was kinda challenging at sub i500, but at 535+ its annoyingly easy.. (tried again just for fun a couple of days ago)

This boss seriously need some kinda challenge mode scaling.

Here are the major things I did which made the boss easy in Mal PvP gear:

1. Destro Spec
    2. Set up Gate Way from Cetner of the room to behind Pillar
    3. Set up Circle LoS (near Gate Way)
    4. Sac Imp for Dispel
    5. Charge Stun the first Doom Spell (He doesn't cast Cataclysm until after the Imps, even if he starts the spell he cancels it himself)
    6. Stand behind the Demon as he's channeling the imps and cast Rain of Fire for Embers. As soon as he finishes, Charge and cast Fel Breath (this will kill all the imps).
    7. Move the Demon to the top of the portal as he beings channeling the Fel pups. Cast Rain of Fire to have them aggro you. Havok one and start casting Chaos bolt on a 2nd. Charge with the Demon and 2 should drop. Kill the 3rd.
    8. Re-enslave as he summons the Doom guards. Have your pet attack the Doom Guards once, then get back on the Boss. This will have the pet hold Aggro after Banish ends.
    9. Repeat 6-8 as needed
    10. Recast Circle as needed (I usually do it as I dodge Chaos Bolts)
    11. Bring the potion to clear debuffs, it will clear Doom.

Also, biggest thing is to make sure you use Fel Breath to remove the dots (especially Seed).
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you sacrifice the imp and use Singe Magic on cooldown (beginning after you first receive a harmful magic effect), you can even get through the entire fight in just around 500 ilvl without ever having to use the pit lord's flame to dispel yourself, relaxing the positioning requirements of the fight just a bit.

just have glyph of enslave demon and make sure to bind enslave to a key. then u can cast it in 1 second. also fel hunters dispel ur demon anyway so just kill them fast. they dispel in melee range btw but sometimes it happens far away as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    I did this the other day on my 555 lock, and killed it first time, got just after enslaving the pit lord when he died lol
    very helpful. And gz on overgearing the fight by 55 ilvls.

Ad I'd like to see a video of you bursting 30 million damage in about 10 seconds as thats about the window you get from him being attackable and him summoning the pit lord.
    Last edited by mmocf1f1b25833; 2013-10-12 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    very helpful. And gz on overgearing the fight by 55 ilvls.

Ad I'd like to see a video of you bursting 30 million damage in about 10 seconds as thats about the window you get from him being attackable and him summoning the pit lord.
    I'm almost positive he means Doom Lord.

Did it twice on 2 different toons. Once at 5.2 with about a 485 ilvl and Second just recently [like a month ago] with an ilvl of 488. Definitely a mechanic fight, no real difference between the patch changes other than having to LOS chaos bolts or soak them.

Deleted
    /OT

I wish they would scale the gear down like they did with challenge modes and removed the use of the purification potion.