Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebmyers View Post
    /OT

I wish they would scale the gear down like they did with challenge modes and removed the use of the purification potion.
    Downscaling would be great. Did it with 520 ilvl and nuked him easily before doom guard spawn. I'd definitely go back there if they added downscaling just to try to beat the fight without outgearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    Here are the major things I did which made the boss easy in Mal PvP gear:
    2. Set up Gate Way from Cetner of the room to behind Pillar
    3. Set up Circle LoS (near Gate Way)
    It was much easier to just use gates on CD to prevent Karenthad casting Chaos bolts on you. Now, with a 1 minute gate buff, it is even more easier.

Like most are saying, I think you're Enslave is falling off. I failed so hard yesterday when trying for the Green Fire.
    Eventuelly I saw then mistake I did, and the mistake was not moving the Pit Lord Away when the Fel Hunters were spawning.

I got so mad before I saw the mistake and just gave up for the moment. And when I went back to try again with the new strat, I did it on the first try.
    With gear, this is just easy. I love to watch the guys that manage to beat this with 485-490 ilvl. When you have to beat the encounter with perfection.

I am sitting at 528 ilvl, and when I "mastered" the basic tacts with moving the Pit Lord from Fel Hunters, and Aoe'ing down Imps (Takes literally 3 seconds) as Destro.
    And when facing the Doom Lord the Pit Lord does everything. Rest is just dps, it went down so fast when the Doom Lord phase.

When you manage the Fel Hunter phase, it's a win. The rest is a breeze

Good Luck!

This can be done with a low item level. That being said the higher your item level the "easier" this will be. Gear will give you a little leeway on messing up basics. Just master the basics and if its still rough try to gain a few new items.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    It was much easier to just use gates on CD to prevent Karenthad casting Chaos bolts on you. Now, with a 1 minute gate buff, it is even more easier.
    The gates don't reduce threat anymore despite what the debuff says. It makes the fight harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ztup View Post
    The gates don't reduce threat anymore despite what the debuff says. It makes the fight harder.
    I wouldn't say it makes it harder just have to use a different tactic for chaos bolts. I personally just chose to Los them instead of soaking. Didn't have any issues either way, did it on two toons each around 486 ilvl, once during 5.2 other during 5.4. Fight is pretty much same difficult wise.

with the current ilvl the boss gets so hardcore faceroll that he drops faster then aly25nhc in firelands ^^
    Stun->2-3million chaosbolt trugh the 100% debuff .. and i'm nowhere near my MAX BOLT gear (4t16+immerseus trinket would push it another 20% <3)

I got my green fire with pure HoF LFR gear and some Timeless Isle gear. ( Around 493 ish) It was pretty rough. Made me a better player, and helped me learn the class a bit better. I had about 30ish or so wipes trying to figure out why I kept dying at 9%. He hit enraged. Fixed it with a purification potion and that was it. I was doing about 85-95k dps overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    I did this the other day on my 555 lock, and killed it first time, got just after enslaving the pit lord when he died lol
    You enslave him around 80% he casts it at 90%.
    Stop lying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    4. Sac Imp for Dispel
    You can use unbound will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You enslave him around 80% he casts it at 90%.
    Stop lying.

- - - Updated - - -

You can use unbound will.
    For felhunters you can use howl>shadowfury or one or the other.

I never had an issue. Are you sure its not an Enslave running out of time on the pit lord? When do you refresh it?

If you send youre pit lord behind the ports (like inside pillars) before he even moves over to summon them, and assuming you keep RoF in front of the portal and keep them facing away from the pit lord and slowly walk back youll be fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by acphydro View Post
    I'm almost positive he means Doom Lord.

Did it twice on 2 different toons. Once at 5.2 with about a 485 ilvl and Second just recently [like a month ago] with an ilvl of 488. Definitely a mechanic fight, no real difference between the patch changes other than having to LOS chaos bolts or soak them.
    Aye if it was taking him to get to doomlord at 555 ilvl I'd say he's doing something wrong :P

Quote Originally Posted by acphydro View Post
    I'm almost positive he means Doom Lord.
    Not so sure of that. I did it last week with 538 gear and killed him about 5 seconds into the first felhunter phase, averaging around 190k DPS. I kept the imps alive for as long as possible to generate more embers for Chaos Bolts with RoF. I guess with 555 gear, you can definitely kill him in or even before the first imp phase.

Deleted
    Downed it last reset on my 550 Lock... 2nd fel puppy (1st wave of them) and the boss died

Its gonna be complete faceroll with even more gear... Didnt even bother with the imps or my dots

Man I wish I can do this fight but I haven't been able to find the book yet curses

Killed him just as the stun interrupting the first cataclysm wore off.

ilvl 563.

Sorry for the semi necro, but don't want to start a new thread and get flamed =/

Anyway, this fight seems a bit bugged sometimes.

The FHs devour when pit lord is out of los AND still has about 2-3 mins on enslave. I have all three on me and boom, here comes pit lord out of his corner. It makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to LoS with the pitlord, just make sure that the felhunters aren't facing him.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    You don't have to LoS with the pitlord, just make sure that the felhunters aren't facing him.
    NVM I got him. Felt so damn good! I literally blew him up and charged almost on cd. He didn't even summon the first imps LOL