Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Sky Golem. Not quite a fan.

I was really excited to make my Sky Golem, but now that I've experienced it for a day, gotta say... I wish I had just sold it.

It's really wonky when it flies, constantly swinging back and forth (with the occasional barrel roll). It's hard to get a bearing on exactly which direction you're heading because it's never centered on screen. This makes it really difficult to say, fly into a small doorway or land on top of something with the precision of a normal mount. Most times you'll clip into walls and object you fly alongside as it does the swing animation.

Then when you're on the ground, the thing shakes like crazy. It makes me feel like I have low blood sugar just watching it. I definitely don't see this being a mainstay mount for me.

Anyway, just my feelings on it and to say buyer/binder beware. How do you feel about it?

That's goblin engineering for you

Don't really know but I kinda expected it to be wonky. WoW's shredders have been close to that since Vanilla and I find it fits that "close-to-desaster" feeling of engineering quite well. In fact this mount features a quantity of animations that barely any other one does. I like all the moving parts, the closable cockpit and fold-out wings, how it bobs around while flying and the looping, absolutely gorgeous.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Deleted
    The swaying was abit annoying in the beginning but got used it, was my favorite mount before I got it and I love it even more now.

10+ Year Old Account
    All part of the charm.

Talbuks ftw!
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    I needs it

15+ Year Old Account
    2 more days til i can make mine!!!!

whats the cheapest anyone has seen it being sold for? On my server on first day the lowest i saw was 45k...seems so cheap for such an awesome mount.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are the type of person who is that picky, you really should have checked it on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    whats the cheapest anyone has seen it being sold for? On my server on first day the lowest i saw was 45k...seems so cheap for such an awesome mount.
    75k was the cheapest on my server. 45k seems like a real bargain if you've got the gold and no engineer. I feel like the prices might even go up over time as less people log on every day to make the cooldown item after the initial rush.

i love it, i feel like a super hero flying around, ill even catch myself making swooshing noises as i fly around, lulz, the loox my g/f gives me are fun

Sold mine the first chance I got. Got low-balled to 82.5k. Which is still a decent amount. Im about to make 2 more today actually. But this time, ill give one to my friend and one for myself. I told him to make a DK so he can learn the mount and itll appear in his server

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    If you are the type of person who is that picky, you really should have checked it on youtube.
    Thing is, I did watch videos and I'm not even that picky. But something about it being so all over the place while flying ended up bothering me personally after seeing it first-hand.

It requires Level 80 to learn though, so your friend will have to level "a bit" on your realm first.

The only thing I don't like about it is the creepy picture of Kerrigan staring at me from the cockpit. I will admit that the swinging did take some getting used to but it is a lot better then the MoP dragons.

Too bad they did not give it a /dance command.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sold mine right after the daily reset for 100k. Now comes the bittersweet part of waiting 30 more days for my own.

I love the mount, it's quiet when it's flying (unlike the Gyrocopter) and unlike basically all other WoW flying mounts, doesn't just statically fly centered on the screen. Definitely my only mount, ground or flying, until I find something else I like more.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAviator View Post
    It requires Level 80 to learn though, so your friend will have to level "a bit" on your realm first.
    OMG does it?! Boo... That sucks X_X

Deleted
    I love when it engages the thrusters "BOOOM" seems that you need good speakers/sub to hear it though.

- - - Updated - - -

I kinda bought it cause i thought you can herb AND mine in it, you can only herb. And i thought it increases swim speed with the propels like in some ptr vids but seems like not..

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    All part of the charm.

Talbuks ftw!
    Talbuks are awesome and all, But good luck flying it anywhere I've tried coaxing mine up into the air with some juicy carrots but it just won't take off

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAviator View Post
    It requires expert riding, which is the 150% flying speed, so ought it not require only level 60 to learn?

Though apparently level 20s can use it (the mount), once it's learned.