View Poll Results: What would you do?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • Encourage the fighting. The enemy has done too much to be forgiven.

    51 39.84%
  • Advocate peace. The war is pointless and has had enough bloodshed.

    77 60.16%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    I know of some oil fields in Elwynn Forest, so I'd absolutely encourage the war. For the horde!

  2. #22
    Warchief Redpanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Searching for the Old Gods
    Posts
    2,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    As a Tauren shaman I'd go undercover at a random alliance cattle pen.
    And I will lead a cow rebellion against the alliance.

    I will destroy alliance within harharharhar
    so thats why when i was omw to the dark moon fair portal that was in ellwyn Forrest cows would give me a nod. /daps *nod* clever
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

  3. #23
    High Overlord Deshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In ur akount, sharding ur purplz
    Posts
    166
    I would choose to be a human because I am one and I am very happy with what I am. That being said if the enemy were human, perhaps id consider peace. But since they're not and they have committed such atrocities against humanity they cant be forgiven. Besides if warcraft took place in reality, without petty writers trying to keep the horde relevant by writing up victories after victories it would fall.

    Dont get me wrong the horde will most likely have its day in the sun. A golden age if you will, where they will most likely conquer many alliance territories but eventually their totalitarian savage dictatorship will fall to unsustainability and sociopathy. Forged by decades of war and turmoil in a planet that is not their own. Hell even their allies are just there because of circumstance and temporary mutual advantage. They have nothing in common except an enemy.

    A nation like that is doomed to fail from the very start. So why delay the inevitable and allow this collection of parasites to reside on our ancestral lands and threaten us.

  4. #24
    I should remind people that it wouldn't be based on game mechanics. You don't corpse run. It's lore - you die, you die. You may be resurrected, but for the most part you die. You get into a fight with the opposing faction, one of you will die permanently. It shouldn't feel like a game, since to you it no longer would be.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Personally, as alliance, I would advocate killing Sylvannas and any forsaken that are loyal to her. I wouldn't wish harm on any of the other horde, but against another attack would support retaliation on the level of utter destruction. Wrynn is right - they've had enough chances and deserve to be ended if they refuse to be peaceful.

  5. #25
    I always had an RP idea for my paladin as one who battled in the second War. I could make peace with Tauren and Blood Elves, but the Orcs, Trolls, and Undead are a blight on Azeroth and have no place here. The Draenei can stay they've shown themselves pretty chilled out. As long as the worgen keep themselves in check they can stay, and goblins aren't worth trying to exterminate. Pandaren have Pandaria.
    While Diogenes was relaxing in the sunlight in the morning, Alexander, thrilled to meet the famous philosopher, asked if there was any favour he might do for him. Diogenes replied, "Yes, stand out of my sunlight". Alexander then declared, "If I were not Alexander, then I should wish to be Diogenes", to which Diogenes replied, "If I were not Diogenes, I should also wish to be Diogenes."

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I always had an RP idea for my paladin as one who battled in the second War. I could make peace with Tauren and Blood Elves, but the Orcs, Trolls, and Undead are a blight on Azeroth and have no place here. The Draenei can stay they've shown themselves pretty chilled out. As long as the worgen keep themselves in check they can stay, and goblins aren't worth trying to exterminate. Pandaren have Pandaria.
    I dunno, it's hard to be mean to the trolls. They kind of have a claim on the world, honestly. They've been around for so frickin' long and the different tribes really differ greatly. It would be a douche move to tell them they need to die.

  7. #27
    Not only do I advocate war, I would encourage both sides to fight ruthlessly without honor and compassion simply because both sides have been fighting each other for 15+ years within the game world, they will never forget what the war has cost them and those that witnessed the war will always be resentful of the damage caused by the opposing faction, So yeah in order for their to be peace one faction needs to be completely annihilated.

  8. #28
    I'd be neutral. Would be an insult to my intelligence to be apart of either idiotic faction.

  9. #29
    Would you support racial violence and feudal fighting when you know for a fact there is an unnumbed legion of literal demons who want to destroy/enslave you?

    yeah, no. a racial mind would say "how about we chill and cut the shit, strength in numbers guy!"

  10. #30
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    8,999
    I'm a Tauren or Pandaren I'm peaceful even though I love a Good War.

  11. #31
    I play horde, but if i were actually in the world I think i'd rather be a human and marry some smokin draenei babe.

    All the undead need to be eradicated, including the forsaken. Orcs should be killed or escorted through the dark portal back to draenor where they belong. Trolls need to go with them, just because trolls are horrible.

    Tauren can stay because they are cool and you could make peace there pretty easy. Blood elves, no longer under the rule of their spoiled child prince kael'thas should be brought back into the fold as allies of the alliance as they had been for countless ages before kael'thas got butt hurt over one guy being a dick to his people.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

  12. #32
    I am Murloc! Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    World's End Tavern, listening to the ETC.
    Posts
    5,104
    Finish it! Slay the Alliance! For the Horde There never will be peace! To war!

  13. #33
    in the world of WARcraft. you do not advocate peace

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra6 View Post
    No. War is ridiculous. It's rarely for anything other than conquest and greed, and when it's not it's over the same god with a different name. There is plenty to go around. It really is a terrible thing.
    If one side is for conquest and greed wouldn't the other side be for preventing conquest and greed?

  15. #35
    Bloodsail Admiral The Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head-- Wait no I'm not. Kek.
    Posts
    1,000
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    in the world of WARcraft. you do not advocate peace
    And only a Orc can be the Warch--- waitaminute.

  16. #36
    Bloodsail Admiral Ryuji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    A place, with stuff
    Posts
    1,050
    2 sides of the coin. I'd advocate peace. Not all orcs are like Garrosh when he went nuts. Not all Trolls are like the Zandalari. Night Elves have chilled out for the most part. Humans can learn to let go of the past and forgive past sins of enemies and vice versa for Horde. All other races could work out peace pretty nicely.

    The only worrisome race to me is the Forsaken with Sylvanas. Is she willing to try to co-exist with other races or will she stay hellbent on just fighting because she can? I understand Forsaken can't pro-create but can they die of old age? Is there another method to preserve them if need be? Unsure.

    Either way, need peace, else the world will have <insert catastrophe here> bearing down on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Song that's currently stuck in my head: Carbon Based Lifeforms - 20 Minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbPT1t-4gUs

  17. #37
    I would be promoting peace if I were in the game. but im not so I advocate war for story's sake =)

  18. #38
    The Lightbringer DEATHETERNAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA, more fascist every day
    Posts
    3,674
    The war must continue. Without the war, the Forsaken may be forced to fight for our existence against the united living instead of being able to wait until we are ready and able to unleash the final plague to wipe the living from existence.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

  19. #39
    Peace is boring. There must be war!

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    They even try to go back to the alliance so their relationship with the alliance is not THAT bad
    It's bad now lol

    I'd be a High elf advocating peace. Of course, if significant injustice was present, I'd fight; Warmage-style of course! ^-^

    It's rarely for anything other than conquest and greed, and when it's not it's over the same god with a different name.
    I disagree (IRL and IG), especially since religion isn't super heavily inclined in WoW.
    Last edited by cmats4020; 2013-10-11 at 04:11 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •