Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jadenprince View Post
    I cant play a single day without getting killed by 40 multiboxing characters on the server. They are lagging the server 24.7 and killing all the vendors. I love pvping and i dont mind getting ganked or raided on but this is NOT pvp, And shouldn't be on a pvp server. 5 healers and 5 of each class killing everything in stormwind, the pvp vendors, pve vendors, there ruining the game for me dramatically and i wish someone would look into this. This IS GRIEFING and its making everyones game experience unplayable.
    Just feel good that you can know they're literally spending $600 a month for the privilege.

Pvp does not include the world getting 1 shotted by a single man. Just saying lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Who the heck multiboxes 40 accounts? 40x15 = $600 / month. That's ridiculous, I don't believe it.

Anyway form a raid to beat them back if it's such a problem. Also who cares about Stormwind, go hang out in Pandaria. Also there are other major cities besides SW.
    Search youtube for Prepared multiboxer
    yeah he actually has close to 80 accounts he used to troll the alliance during WG and TB by adding his alliance characters so he could honor farm himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebi View Post
    or cleave them

Kinda hard when he runs various programs to make you lag while he has no issues. It's gotten to the point where once he's in a zone you can't do ANYTHING because 1) it takes upwards of 5 secs to cast anything, and 2)You're usually dead before you even see him (again because of the lag).

And PS it IS griefing when he deliberately camps an area he knows you HAVE to go to, ie The Shrine. His favourite spot is the coin turn in lady, especially on a Tuesday.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    http://www.twitch.tv/preparedwow

That is just one of the players that multiboxes 52+ accounts. He has since then locked his twitch account for some reason, so you probably will not be able to see him in action unless he goes back to being public.

To the OP: The guy I linked above is the one you are speaking of. He used to be on Kil'Jaeden until a guild full of 12 year olds decided to start fighting back by brining 100+ players into our Horde Shrine and using Guild Banners to block the portals to other cities. Needless to say, the lag was intolerable and would lag out the entire zone often crashing the server. He got tired of it and bailed to Darkspear and Ruinous disappeared after bans from Win trading and numerous accounts of ignoring the Game Managers and probably a lot of other stuff.

I do not care about what sites define griefing as, but a player with 52 accounts running into the opposite factions home city for the sole purpose of farming HK's and is damn near impossible to kill without a larger raid (which is damn near impossible to form at 2-3am when most multiboxers start), is griefing. You want to take a pass through Org and kill everyone, I do not mind. But to continue farming the entire area for hours on end until everyone leaves the city is just stupid.

Thing is, good luck getting Blizzard to do anything. This guys pays for 52 separate accounts, and there is no way Blizzard will kill his fun and risk losing 52 subs from one single person.
    The Alliance on KJ started fighting back and made him leave. This guy is obviously sore for some reason.
    Horde outnumber Alliance on KJ, but the majority of them are terrible at PvP.

What does it matter if it's multiboxers? If it was 40 separate players would you be complaining about group play?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at it this way... you are 15 bucks to them... that multiboxer is 600... now who do you think blizzard would want to keep around? Someone who gives them the typical amount of money? Or a single individual who gives them 40x the normal amount? They won't ban the dude, at the very worst, they'll notify him via in game GM and tell him to knock it off, but he'll continue and they won't do anything. This isn't griefing and I'm tired of people using that in WoW when it's meant for minecraft... there is no griefing in WoW, because it's a game based on War. Do you think rome stopped raiding towns/cities just because the villagers said this isn't fun??? Hell no, they continued on w/ the war. WoW is in the same boat... if you don't want him doing what he's doing, then form your own group to slay him and his 39 companions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    I remember one time there was a multiboxer with several DKS in Hellfire Peninsula unleashing chaos at his path before resilience made baseline.

Flask + food buff + pot + pve gear + fury 2 handers + bladestorm + recklesness + banner + bloodbath etc etc

6 seconds later all of his dks were dead. Fun times

I am not sure about now, but back then cleave did the trick.
    You're lying, don't need to impress anyone on the internet bud.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can report that as disturbing the server. Think it like a organized grifing to make money out.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    You can report that as disturbing the server. Think it like a organized grifing to make money out.
    No you can't... 40 random people can go to SW and cause it to lag, but if one individual does it, it's now a bannable offense? Pft please... it's not bannable and you need to realize that, stop pulling make belief rules out of your pocket.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Im sorry, but...

PvP realm. End of discussion. Need an AH, Vendor or whatever, go find them in Pandaria or one of the 5+ other cities you have at your disposal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm mostly curious how the OP thinks that 40 multiboxers are 'lagging' a server "24/7". One person playing 40 accounts (which I kinda doubt) or 40 people playing individual accounts, it's still 40 accounts online. The software required to multibox has absolutely zilch, nodda, nein, no impact what so ever, or else Blizzard would put a stop to multiboxing. Which, the last I heard, they didn't really care, other than removing the /follow ability in BGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What does it matter if it's multiboxers? If it was 40 separate players would you be complaining about group play?
    Because of this:

Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    Multiboxer's spells and abilities are completely perfectly synchronised and target the same enemy at the exact same time because it uses third-party software to relay keystrokes accross clients. It's no where even close to coordination between people actually controlling one character each (not cheating).
    Unless you want to be the one holding the battle standard on the subject of "Humans have faster reactions than electronics."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Who the heck multiboxes 40 accounts? 40x15 = $600 / month. That's ridiculous, I don't believe it.

Anyway form a raid to beat them back if it's such a problem. Also who cares about Stormwind, go hang out in Pandaria. Also there are other major cities besides SW.
    http://www.twitch.tv/preparedwow this guy does
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

I cant play a single day without getting killed by 40 multiboxing characters on the server. They are lagging the server 24.7 and killing all the vendors. I love pvping and i dont mind getting ganked or raided on but this is NOT pvp, And shouldn't be on a pvp server. 5 healers and 5 of each class killing everything in stormwind, the pvp vendors, pve vendors, there ruining the game for me dramatically and i wish someone would look into this. This IS GRIEFING and its making everyones game experience unplayable.
    Multiboxers are fine. You would have been stomped either way regardless whether it was 40 players or 1 multiboxer with 40 accounts. Also 40 characters isn't going to lag the server. Get out of here.

- - - Updated - - -

There are people who spend thousands on a single comic book for their collection not to mention the multitude of other hobbies that are significantly more expensive than multiboxing in wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Of course it's griefing. People getting 40 accounts for the sole purpose of fucking people off, is griefing.
    So if someone forms up a raid for world pvp that is griefing as well? No.

- - - Updated - - -

For those that say this isnt griefing i found this on the WoW wiki : Griefing refers to the act of a player ruining the gaming experience of another player on purpose (though this is debatable from one server to another - see below). The most obvious form of griefing is constant stalking of a player.
    Griefing is a player construct not recognized by Blizzard in any way whatsoever. Being a jerk isn't against the rules. Pvp isn't against the rules. Multiboxin isn't against the rules. Get the fuck over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    http://www.twitch.tv/preparedwow

That is just one of the players that multiboxes 52+ accounts. He has since then locked his twitch account for some reason, so you probably will not be able to see him in action unless he goes back to being public.

To the OP: The guy I linked above is the one you are speaking of. He used to be on Kil'Jaeden until a guild full of 12 year olds decided to start fighting back by brining 100+ players into our Horde Shrine and using Guild Banners to block the portals to other cities. Needless to say, the lag was intolerable and would lag out the entire zone often crashing the server. He got tired of it and bailed to Darkspear and Ruinous disappeared after bans from Win trading and numerous accounts of ignoring the Game Managers and probably a lot of other stuff.

I do not care about what sites define griefing as, but a player with 52 accounts running into the opposite factions home city for the sole purpose of farming HK's and is damn near impossible to kill without a larger raid (which is damn near impossible to form at 2-3am when most multiboxers start), is griefing. You want to take a pass through Org and kill everyone, I do not mind. But to continue farming the entire area for hours on end until everyone leaves the city is just stupid.

Thing is, good luck getting Blizzard to do anything. This guys pays for 52 separate accounts, and there is no way Blizzard will kill his fun and risk losing 52 subs from one single person.
    So go to another city. Problem solved. Oh wait that doesn't involve endless mindless bitching. My mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Let me guess... Aredone? Blizzard almost officially sanctioned his behavior. Sorry.
    It already is "officially sanctioned". World pvp isn't against the rules and certainly not on a pvp realm. It doesn't matter if it involves multiboxers or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Latex View Post
    Multiboxing isn't griefing, but killing npcs over and over can be griefing. I seem to recall a thread on here about someone getting a small ban for killing an npc over and over in Hellfire Peninsula.
    Blizzard doesn't recognize the term "griefing" and if they didn't want players to kill NPCs they wouldn't be killable. Simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Depending on what you mean by active, I think that multiboxer came from KJ which is among the most balanced PVP servers and that 40man multi boxer would ether get their ass handed to them or players would just ignore them. Most of the time that multi boxer would sit outside a city in an easy to defend area just lagging up the place and not actually do anything.

As a hord I did not enjoy going about my business to be hit with obnoxious lag just by being in proximity of them and their AoE spam which is against ToS.
    So not only is world pvp against the rules but aoe spam is as well? You might want to read over the rules again as you are talking out of your ass. Also 40 players doesn't lag the server, it lags your computer. It isn't Blizzard's problem if you play Wow on a toaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Multiboxing by itself isn't griefing, but to screw the game up for somebody else, repeatedly, over long periods of time, is essentially griefing.
    And yet "griefing" isn't against any rules. Pvp problems have pvp solutions. There are also solutions that involve doing such simple things as going to another city or playing another character or any number of other solutions that don't involve whining incessantly over things Blizzard has straight up said aren't a problem and won't be changing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    Multiboxer's spells and abilities are completely perfectly synchronised and target the same enemy at the exact same time because it uses third-party software to relay keystrokes accross clients. It's no where even close to coordination between people actually controlling one character each (not cheating).
    It's allowed because it's $$$$$ for Blizzard.
    It is allowed because what multiboxers do is no different than what a group of normal players do. It is irrelevant if abilities are cast at exactly the same time. If 40+ players are casting something at you all at once or one right after the other, either way you are dead.

Certainly agree that it got a bit out of hand and while I don't agree with that policy camping npcs for hours should at some time reach the point of counting as zone disruption and should be actionable.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    It is allowed because what multiboxers do is no different than what a group of normal players do.
    That is quite debatable.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-10-12 at 02:00 AM.

It already is "officially sanctioned". World pvp isn't against the rules and certainly not on a pvp realm. It doesn't matter if it involves multiboxers or not.
    That's nice. You and I both know my point wasn't "world pvp is totes a bad thing blizzard just bein' mean." It's the fact that a single person is using extrodinary means only available to those who spend an entire rent check's worth of money each month to have an advantage against far, far beyond 99% of the other players.

My point was, Blizzard says his method isn't prohibited in the current version of the ToS.

Now, if you want to argue whether or not it should be, that's a different discussion and has very little to do with "world pvp" amongst players with one account each.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Diason0512 View Post
    It is indeed griefing is that and im getting sick of multiboxers camping and lagging the server its really starting to irritate multiple other people in the process.
    For the millionth time, 40 players absolutely do NOT lag the servers. Are you kidding me right now? Are you saying all high pop realms are in a constant state of being lagged then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I think the number of people who have $52,000 of free income a week is pretty rare if at all. You realize a person who earns 100K a year would only have around 55-65K "NET" income. It seems highly unlikely, they would take every spare penny and drop it on a facebook game. I cna see maybe once or twice spending 1-2K, I can't see a sustained 1K a week
    The fact remains people make the money to be able to do things like this all the time whether you want to believe it or not. It isn't your money anyway so why do you care?

- - - Updated - - -

Pvp does not include the world getting 1 shotted by a single man. Just saying lol.
    As per Blizzard, yes it does. In fact this is how pvp has worked in every mmo since long before Wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Kinda hard when he runs various programs to make you lag while he has no issues. It's gotten to the point where once he's in a zone you can't do ANYTHING because 1) it takes upwards of 5 secs to cast anything, and 2)You're usually dead before you even see him (again because of the lag).

And PS it IS griefing when he deliberately camps an area he knows you HAVE to go to, ie The Shrine. His favourite spot is the coin turn in lady, especially on a Tuesday.
    So turn it in the next day. You may "have" to go to the shrine but you don't have to stay there. If he is there causing trouble then leave. It seems like the only person causing any problems for you is you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Look at it this way... you are 15 bucks to them... that multiboxer is 600... now who do you think blizzard would want to keep around? Someone who gives them the typical amount of money? Or a single individual who gives them 40x the normal amount? They won't ban the dude, at the very worst, they'll notify him via in game GM and tell him to knock it off, but he'll continue and they won't do anything. This isn't griefing and I'm tired of people using that in WoW when it's meant for minecraft... there is no griefing in WoW, because it's a game based on War. Do you think rome stopped raiding towns/cities just because the villagers said this isn't fun??? Hell no, they continued on w/ the war. WoW is in the same boat... if you don't want him doing what he's doing, then form your own group to slay him and his 39 companions.

- - - Updated - - -

You're lying, don't need to impress anyone on the internet bud.
    Or maybe just maybe it is allowed because multiboxing has always been allowed in pretty much every mmo since before Wow. Nothing a multiboxer does is special or unique that a group of normal players can't already do themselves. That is why it is allowed. Stop with the greed bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    World pvp still isn't against the rules. Ever think to consider the reason ticket times are bad is because of people like you who report for everything even when it isn't an actual violation?

- - - Updated - - -

Because of this:

Unless you want to be the one holding the battle standard on the subject of "Humans have faster reactions than electronics."
    It doesn't matter. If 40 players or 1 multiboxer decides to kill you, you are going to die. Period. End of story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Certainly agree that it got a bit out of hand and while I don't agree with that policy camping npcs for hours should at some time reach the point of counting as zone disruption and should be actionable.

That is quite debatable.
    You can debate it all you want but as per Blizzard's rules, what multiboxers do is perfectly fine. Get over it.

Or maybe just maybe it is allowed because multiboxing has always been allowed in pretty much every mmo since before Wow.
    Convincing argument. For the moment it isn't disturbing enough to warrant their action and that's about it.

Deleted
    This is permitted because he pays insane amount of money to Blizzard.
    There is something very wrong when one guy can destroy everything in his path and it's even worse when ppl support that.

That's nice. You and I both know my point wasn't "world pvp is totes a bad thing blizzard just bein' mean." It's the fact that a single person is using extrodinary means only available to those who spend an entire rent check's worth of money each month to have an advantage against far, far beyond 99% of the other players.

My point was, Blizzard says his method isn't prohibited in the current version of the ToS.

Now, if you want to argue whether or not it should be, that's a different discussion and has very little to do with "world pvp" amongst players with one account each.
    I don't give a fuck about the money involved and the fact that you are bringing it up to insult others speaks more about your own character than anyone else's. It doesn't matter and has NOTHING to do with whether this is world pvp or not. Again as per Blizzard's rules, it is a perfectly acceptable form of world pvp. I know this site is filled with a bunch of bitter hateful people who are butthurt that Blizzard hasn't fallen to its knees in financial ruin yet but shockingly enough they are still allowed to decide what is and isn't allowed in their own god damn game. You people can try to debate it all you want but the decision on this matter was made a long time ago and it is NOT going to change.