Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

South Africa... girl lashed 100 times (Graphic Content)

WARNING... GRAPHIC CONTENT...
    Animals treat their young better than this - and the person filming it... <shakes head>
    A newspaper got this footage somehow and posted it. Poor girl.

Last edited by theWocky; 2013-10-11 at 10:02 AM.

This shit is disgusting, If i ever saw it I would lay them out!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know South Africa as a very open, tolerant or progressive country. Didn't a South African president admit to having raped underage virgin girls to "cure" his HIV?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I don't know South Africa as a very open, tolerant or progressive country. Didn't a South African president admit to having slept with underage virgin girls to "cure" his HIV?
    No, he had "consensual" sex with an HIV woman - who claimed he raped her. He got off on the charge.
    He said he knew she had HIV and "had a shower afterwards to minimize risk of infection" /facepalm
    He was also "allegedly" guilty of an arms deal scandal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I don't know South Africa as a very open, tolerant or progressive country. Didn't a South African president admit to having raped underage virgin girls to "cure" his HIV?
    Some Sangomas (witch doctors) advise sleeping / raping white women or babies to cure HIV.
    Yeah... google it... can't make this sh*t up.

Our ex-President Thabo Mbeki and the then health minister, Manto Tshabala went to a HIV conference in Canada and told delegates that "poverty" causes aids and that African Potatoes and Beetroot was the cure.

She also told parliament that the "Illuminati" were eradicating black people using aids.
    http://www.reocities.com/capitolhill...9694/manto.htm
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-10-11 at 10:17 AM.

different countries are different who would think , i am in no way saying its right because it isnt and i am glad they took the cane option away from teachers, tho it was still in use when i was at school, but like i said different cultures have different rules. Take indonesia for example you go to jail for years or get a death sentence just for having some marijuana on you the world is crazy. I feel bad for that girl tho , my back is very very sensitive even my 9 year old son slightly slapping my back hurts a lot so i would probably die if i where her.

Deleted
    The hell did i just watch ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Coulda been worse. They could have lashed her 101 times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh South Africa! You had the greatest opportunity in the world, and you fucked it up.

Deleted
    Not surprised at all.

Sadly, violence and abusing youth like this is a global problem.

But being Africa, people will take the line of "Africa, not surprised at all", meanwhile kids in their own neighborhood could be being beaten just as bad, and probably are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Sadly, violence and abusing youth like this is a global problem.

But being Africa, people will take the line of "Africa, not surprised at all", meanwhile kids in their own neighborhood could be being beaten just as bad, and probably are.
    Or it could be that this sort of shit coming out of South Africa is so common, that it comes as no surprise, whereas when it comes out of civilised countries it is shocking due to the rarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Or it could be that this sort of shit coming out of South Africa is so common, that it comes as no surprise, whereas when it comes out of civilised countries it is shocking due to the rarity.
    http://www.theguardian.com/education...ommunity-order

The 50-year-old hit him on the head with a 3kg (6.6lb) dumbbell while shouting: '"Die, die, die" at All Saints' Roman Catholic high school in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire.

The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, suffered a fractured skull and bleeding to the brain in the attack, which happened last July.
    But it happens.

Yeah, good things kids aren't abused badly in the "civilized" countries.

http://www.arkofhopeforchildren.org/...o#.UlfbBlA_slc

Child rape occurs every two minutes
    1 in 3 girls will be sexually molested before the age 17
    1 in 6 boys will be sexually molested before the age 17 (1 in 5 in Canada)
    Every 10 seconds a child is abused or raped
    3.3 million child abuse reports in 2010
    For every report 2 more go unreported = many millions abused annually
    61,000 reports to Child Protective services per week = 6 per minute
    Of 1.5 million runaways 85% are fleeing some form of abuse

That's for the US.

http://www.nspcc.org.uk/news-and-vie..._wda73664.html

Police recorded over 23,000 sex offences against children aged under 18 years in England and Wales between April 2010 and March 2011.

In 2010/11, ChildLine counsellors dealt with nearly 670,000 contacts from children about various problems including, bullying, sex abuse, violence and mental health issues.

On average, every week in England and Wales at least one child is killed at the hands of another person.

In 2011, almost 21,000 allegations of children suffering abuse were passed from the NSPCC to police or children’s services.

Number of children on child protection registers or subject to a child protection plan at
    31 March 2012 (or 31 July 2012 in Scotland)

2008: 36,024
    2009: 41,780
    2010: 46,709
    2011: 50,552
    2012: 50,573

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/facts.../en/index.html

Approximately 20% of women and 5–10% of men report being sexually abused as children, while 25–50% of all children report being physically abused.

But yeah, Africa™

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    But it happens.
    When did I say it didn't happen?

Compare crime statistics in UK/Malta/Cyprus versus SA, then come back to me.

South Africa is a failing state - it had the most amazing opportunity after the fall of apartheid, and it made the biggest fucking mess imaginable.

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah, Africa™
    Could you link the South African statistics for comparison?

When did I say it didn't happen?

Compare crime statistics in UK/Malta/Cyprus versus SA, then come back to me.

South Africa is a failing state - it had the most amazing opportunity after the fall of apartheid, and it made the biggest fucking mess imaginable.

- - - Updated - - -

Could you link the South African statistics for comparison?
    http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/...ica_62328.html

“South Africa’s levels of violence against children are among the highest in the world. Tens of thousands of children are victims of abuse, neglect and exploitation every year – and offenders often go unpunished,” said UNICEF Representative in South Africa Aida Girma.

Statistics from the South African Police Service show there were more than 54,000 reported crimes against children between 1 April 2012 and 31 March 2011. However, crimes against children are grossly underreported and the real figure is believed to be much higher.

Sexual offences make up about half the reported figure. Around 30 per cent of these victims are under 10 years old. Research has shown that in most abuse cases, the offenders are known to the children.

Slightly higher, but not enough to gloss over the abuse that takes place in the "civilized" countries as well. 54,000 reported in one year in SA vs 50,000 for the UK.

Deleted
    Slightly higher, but not enough to gloss over the abuse that takes place in the "civilized" countries as well. 54,000 reported in one year in SA vs 50,000 for the UK.
    There's like 10 million more people living in the UK though. Quite the disparity if you look the population.

What "amazing opportunity"? After the fall of apartheid the country got a crash course in "democracy" which turned into Kleptocracy. This process can be observed in almost every other country that transitions to Democracy (like China, Eastern Europe and South American states). Blame Neo-Liberalism and Globalization, not the people of South Africa.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-10-11 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    There's like 10 million more people living in the UK though. Quite the disparity if you look the population.
    Still more than enough abuse in the "civilized" aryan countries to not just label it an Africa™ problem

15+ Year Old Account
    Graphic? This is how I was raised when I did things wrong. Sure 100 times is excessive but, really, this could of been a murder, this could of been far far worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/...ica_62328.html

“South Africa’s levels of violence against children are among the highest in the world. Tens of thousands of children are victims of abuse, neglect and exploitation every year – and offenders often go unpunished,” said UNICEF Representative in South Africa Aida Girma.

Statistics from the South African Police Service show there were more than 54,000 reported crimes against children between 1 April 2012 and 31 March 2011. However, crimes against children are grossly underreported and the real figure is believed to be much higher.

Sexual offences make up about half the reported figure. Around 30 per cent of these victims are under 10 years old. Research has shown that in most abuse cases, the offenders are known to the children.

UK has 10,000,000 more people than South Africa.

UK has higher levels of crime reporting than South Africa.

UK has a more efficient Police force than South Africa.

- - - Updated - - -

Still more than enough abuse in the "civilized" aryan countries to not just label it an Africa™ problem
    Aryan countries? Could you explain that comment?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    What "amazing opportunity"? After the fall of apartheid the country got a crash course in "democracy" which turned into Kleptocracy. This process can be observed in almost every other country that transitions to Democracy (like China, Eastern Europe and South American states). Blame Neo-Liberalism and Globalization, not the people of South Africa.
    The people of South Africa had every opportunity - they voted in the ones that sold them out, and then revoted for them.