Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exclamation It shocks me or perhaps it shouldn't, but I guess it does!

When Mists of Pandaria came, some people go on about how China it is. How Pandaren are like Pandas from real life.

Well, did they forget that?
    Taurens are like bulls or cows.
    Gnomes are like garden gnomes from real life gardens in United Kingdom and many other places!? Yeah..
    Northrend is so Vikings, and like Scandinavia with fjords and Iceland with their hot springs, so on.

And what about Teldrassil? Home of the Night Elfs that sounds very like the Yggdrasil that is the world tree within Old Norse mythology.
    To be honest, there is vikings in Northrend and you have the Old Norse world tree Yggdrasil in Azeroth instead of Northrend where the vikings are?
    And the Night Elfs live in the tree where vikings should be living? Those humanoids from Northrend?

This doesn't make any sense.

Wrath of the Lich King must be the worst expansion ever, got like vikings and fjords from Sweden and what the hell? *ends subscription*

--
    Back to reality, above is just me turning over to what shocks me pretty much, do you get what I mean?
    So in the end, all this china\wow\mop\panda wtf speak, is like.. racism?
    As Northrend was super cool while Pandaria is not? Heh.

- - - Updated - - -

All we need know is some stupid class that wears plate and is like the ultimate Viking, death warrior with Old Norse runes speak with spells and shit, raising the dead, old mythic god-like class, like a Knight of Vikings or.. Death Knight.. That would so /end subscription

What the hell did I just read..
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

You made a thread to bring this up again? MoP is a very poor and generic representation off asia. I'd expect better from blizzard. It is the furthest they've gone to emulate a culture basing most of the expansions assets on it, but it is just below their standard in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    You have that other drassil-World Tree in Northrend so the Teldrassil thing isnt a valid argument and silly anyway.

Theres also a LOT more animal-people, not just tauren

Also Wotlk captured the nordic feeling PERFECTLY. Especially Howling Fjord and Grizzly Hills. I like MoP aswell but nothing compares to Wotlk.
    Last edited by mmoc23262ad029; 2013-10-11 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    You have that other drassil-World Tree in Northrend so the Zeldrassil thing isnt a valid argument and silly anyway.

Theres also a LOT more animal-people, not just tauren
    I'm sure there are. Point is that people bring up the weirdest things to turn their opinion (taste!) into a.. world fact, when it's not..

All of World of Warcraft comes from some origin, and Pandaria may be the most original Blizzard has come up to this date, most well done.
    It's complex and mature land, Pandaria. If you are mature enough to understand it all.

So what I'm saying is, everything is inspired from somewhere in real life.
    But is it simply immaturity plus (having a flavor for not liking whatever it is) that turns people into using things like it's so china to justify that their taste is a food that everyone should eat cus it makes sense cus it's a very special food...

But in the end, it's food and not everyone may not like that specific food that special that may not be so special for someone that isn't you or they or whoever, so why do they you bother trying to do it then? Eh?

WoW allways had a dark and serious and a real fantasy world atmosphere. Those things fit in this world.

Meanwhile the pandaren race, visual, music, story, zones etc. are out of this "WoW feeling" by a lot.

I personally have no problem with this (i really like this expansion), but i can understand those wo say this isn't real WoW and they don't fit in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Some people don't like the Pandaren.
    Instead of accepting it as their opinion they think they need to "prove they are right".

I know, it is stupid.
    But hey, it's the internet! Need I say more?
    You can explain to me carefully where the Gnome children are?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    When Mists of Pandaria came, some people go on about how China it is. How Pandaren are like Pandas from real life.

Well, did they forget that?
    Taurens are like bulls or cows.
    Gnomes are like garden gnomes from real life gardens in United Kingdom and many other places!? Yeah..
    Northrend is so Vikings, and like Scandinavia with fjords and Iceland with their hot springs, so on.

And what about Teldrassil? Home of the Night Elfs that sounds very like the Yggdrasil that is the world tree within Old Norse mythology.
    To be honest, there is vikings in Northrend and you have the Old Norse world tree Yggdrasil in Azeroth instead of Northrend where the vikings are?
    And the Night Elfs live in the tree where vikings should be living? Those humanoids from Northrend?

This doesn't make any sense.

Wrath of the Lich King must be the worst expansion ever, got like vikings and fjords from Sweden and what the hell? *ends subscription*

--
    Back to reality, above is just me turning over to what shocks me pretty much, do you get what I mean?
    So in the end, all this china\wow\mop\panda wtf speak, is like.. racism?
    As Northrend was super cool while Pandaria is not? Heh.

- - - Updated - - -

All we need know is some stupid class that wears plate and is like the ultimate Viking, death warrior with Old Norse runes speak with spells and shit, raising the dead, old mythic god-like class, like a Knight of Vikings or.. Death Knight.. That would so /end subscription
    People will whine about anything.

Anyone that quit because of a new race was never worth having around anyways. They effectively threw a tantrum, and if it wasn't about pandas, it would have been about the next change blizz made. Good riddance, it cleared the idiots out of trade pretty well on my servers.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    it is not the antropomorphism of pandas that drove me away from MoP, but game design.
    i agree, wow has used a lot of antropomorphism creating its races (murloc, tauren, arakkoa, worgen) as well as draw from various inspiration and legen (werewolf, vampire, viking, demon, spirit etc...)

it's the gameplay design itself that does not suit me anymore, not the whatever race they come up with.
    The lore seems to stagnage too, looking back at MoP trailer, it was said we did all these terrific heroic deeds in the past, and now we're gonna rest a bit. Well then, i put my credit card to rest a little bit as well.

Worgen have a basis in werewolves.

Tauren have a basis in minotaurs.

Draenei have a basis in satyr and demons.

Pandaren have no mythical history that I can think of. They are basically just anthropomorphic teddy bears that began as a joke race in WoW. And if people don't like the Asian aesthetics of Pandaria then that's their prerogative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    WoW allways had a dark and serious and a real fantasy world atmosphere. Those things fit in this world.

Meanwhile the pandaren race, visual, music, story, zones etc. are out of this "WoW feeling" by a lot.

I personally have no problem with this (i really like this expansion), but i can understand those wo say this isn't real WoW and they don't fit in it.
    I don't think that Outland seem like a serious world atmosphere, it feels bit wasted space and less enganging. Sadly. I just skip thru that expansion like super fast. Also the Draenei and Blood Elfs presence their is very sterile, to non-existant if you don't hang around a NPC looking at them and reading Wowpedia or quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Worgen have a basis in werewolves.

Tauren have a basis in minotaurs.

Draenei have a basis in satyr and demons.

Pandaren have no mythical history that I can think of. They are basically just anthropomorphic teddy bears that began as a joke race in WoW. And if people don't like the Asian aesthetics of Pandaria then that's their prerogative.
    And what about the Gnomes? They origin from mechanical Gnomes that caught the "I got flesh skin" disease? But before that again, they was created by old gods for the need of having stoney-machiney-gnomes to keep their glass full of booze?

I'll go with the Pandaren with no history of originated from being stoney-machiney-creatures that caught "I got flesh skin" disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You made a thread to bring this up again? MoP is a very poor and generic representation off asia. I'd expect better from blizzard. It is the furthest they've gone to emulate a culture basing most of the expansions assets on it, but it is just below their standard in the end.
    Ah, nonsense. Right, you don't like the whole Pandaria thing for whatever reason, that's OK, but you really sound as if you were pulling your argumentation from you-know-what. Pandaria is probably the most detailed continent, with the most background, in the game right now. No other race has gotten so much thought-out and detailed attention from the developers.

You don't like it, whatever, that doesn't make it "poor" and "below standards".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    looking back at MoP trailer, it was said we did all these terrific heroic deeds in the past, and now we're gonna rest a bit. Well then, i put my credit card to rest a little bit as well.
    this is sig quality material right here
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    Also Wotlk captured the nordic feeling PERFECTLY. Especially Howling Fjord and Grizzly Hills. I like MoP aswell but nothing compares to Wotlk.
    I am a prisoner of this same belief.

And what about the Gnomes?
    Gnomes have a mysticism that originated before WoW as well.

I'll go with the Pandaren with no history of originated from being stoney-machiney-creatures that caught "I got flesh skin" disease.
    That's fine. But why get upset at people who don't like them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Gnomes have a mysticism that originated before WoW as well.

I can sense their mysticism, even here on the release day of World of Warcraft.
    Last edited by Tyrael the Impatient; 2013-10-11 at 12:55 PM.

This thread seems to have backfired and proved the point that while every race has a rich lineage in folklore or ancient history, Pandas once again are the sore thumb

It's called inspiration.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    This thread seems to have backfired and proved the point that while every race has a rich lineage in folklore or ancient history, Pandas once again are the sore thumb
    Draenei has a rich lineage in folklore? Space squids that speaks english with a russian accent? What the fuck.

Draenei has a rich lineage in folklore? Space squids that speaks english with a russian accent? What the fuck.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Draenei
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Pandaren
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.