Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    lots of ppl hated the stallone dread but i watched it a few months ago again, and i don't think its so bad, the new one is good aswell though worth a watch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I wasn't sure if Dredd's impersonation of ED-209 ("you have 10 seconds to comply") was an Easter egg because the writers forgot they weren't re-booting Robocop..
    The original Judge Dredd script was passed from studio to studio in the 80's, going through various re-writes until it became Robocop.

All of Robocop's one liners are directly or indirectly taken or inspired by JD. 20 seconds to comply is a JD stalwart phrase that the Robocop scriptwriters 'borrowed' for ED209.

The writers of the new JD movie totally nailed the atmosphere of the comic books/magazines. Judge Dredd's creators mention that he was heavily inspired by Clint Eastwood/Dirty Harry. Karl Urban totally nailed JD.

Maybe you have to be a fan of the comic book to see how brilliant the movie is. I can understand why it wasn't some peoples cup of tea, but when you are aware of the stories in the JD universe, you can see the awesome possibilities that this movie could produce.

God, a TV series would be incredible. Two parters for Judge Death stories and so on.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing good about the Stallone film apart from his chin, and then he takes the helmet off. It's god-awful, and we should all forget it. NO redeeming features.

But back to the new film-I loved it, it was faithful to the comic books and Urban was awesome as Judge Dredd. And while Ma-Ma wasn't much of a villain (just one of those people he deals with on a day-to-day basis, which is essentially the film; him on a typical job), Lena Headey made her interesting. Plus, Olivia Thirlby is great as Anderson and she's actually a great female character in recent comic book films, quite like Scarlett Johansson in The Avengers. And they're both hot in their costumes, so that's a plus!

I've bought the film on dvd because I want a fooking sequel (something which doesn't seem like a possibility, which is a real damn shame). If you like ultra-violence and a fun if average plot, Dredd is for you. Oh, and I would love to see the Cursed Earth and the Dark Judges in parts 2 and 3 respectively. There needs to be a weakened Mega City One that allows the Dark Judges to take advantage of the situation.