Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone please lock and delete this thread. For anyone to ever post about this shit is just insane. Putin deserves NOTHING!!!

I honestly can't tell if this OP is trolling or not. His post doesn't really seem sincere, but instead satirical.

15+ Year Old Account
    The prize has lost it's prestige the moment Obama won it so any clown could win it now. /thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I actually agree 110% with the OP. I mean if Obama can win one why can't Putin?
    Obama hasn't committed crimes against humanity... personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    The prize has lost it's prestige the moment Obama won it so any clown could win it now. /thread.
    If they passed up Putin, it shows they at least have some standards, whatever they may be.

Can't take this seriously.

Now, as a pretty big liberal, and Obama supporter myself, I was pretty perplexed when Obama won the prize, and disappointed that he accepted it. He should have turned it down.

There was a few predictable winners this year, Putin was not one. Peter Higgs and Francois Englert on the other hand was. Should have included CERN though, that was the most obvious.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Giving it to Putin would be sort of like giving an abusive husband an award because he stopped beating his wife.

The reason why Putin had to ride in as the white knight at the last second is because HE prevented the better solutions to getting peace--UN intervention--from taking place. It's like being given a workplace award for working extra hours to fix the mess you created yourself.

As for Obama, don't forget: the award is not necessarily based on what you have accomplished, but for trying to get people to get along ("fraternity"). Like it or not, during his campaign that was a major theme from Obama: stop the unilateralism and have the US work more with the rest of the world to find solutions. To a world frightened by the effects of the Bush Doctrine, this was very, very welcome news. And as this year's award shows, it doesn't have to go for things you have done YET, but seems to sometimes be given to help encourage those involved in peace or disarmament to do their jobs well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I'm starting to feel sorry for Putin since he's getting compared to Stalin. It really sounds like a brainwashing by media, if somebody could seriously think that they're even remotely comparable. And I highly doubt history knows a lot of people with real power, who put their own interests aside for the better sake of humanity. It's just some play good guy role better.

Like I said in previous threads about this: you can't just do good, you've also got to not do evil. And Putin did a lot of evil. So it shouldn't be shocking.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason people hate him, is because he's anti-lgbt... I'm not gay, i'm not a lesbian, i'm not bi and i'm most certainly not a tranny... also I don't live in russia, so when I think about all he's doing... I only think about what he's done that has benefited me. Stopping a war in syria, that sounds like a nobel prize winner to me... I can't give 2 shits about lgbt because it doesn't affect me and if someone wants to get all snaughty and defensive towards me, just stop and realize I'm completely entitled to my opinion and so are you. Some just really hate putin because they're pro-lgbt, but I don't care about all that, I only care about what he's done that has benefited everyone... stopping a war benefits almost everyone. I call for a re-vote.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Stasso View Post
    I am more upset the prize was robbed from Malala, but w/e the thing has turned into a joke since Obama got his, people are now taking it less seriously.
    This. Malala is a real person to be looked up to these days. She continues to openly defy the people that want to kill her for the crime of wanting women to be educated. She really should have gotten the award for her work and for her absolute dedication to nonviolence. (seriously check out her recent interview with John Stewart. She's a better person than I am on several levels)
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    This. Malala is a real person to be looked up to these days. She continues to openly defy the people that want to kill her for the crime of wanting women to be educated. She really should have gotten the award for her work and for her absolute dedication to nonviolence. (seriously check out her recent interview with John Stewart. She's a better person than I am on several levels)
    Seems more like she's a human rights champion, not so much a peace advocate.

Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    So talking about women needing more education is more worthy of the "peace" prize than someone who's actions not words prevented an invasion.

Yeah one is an act of preserving peace another is a good deed trying to teach people classroom skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Seems more like she's a human rights champion, not so much a peace advocate.
    Yeah but where she is from, it's probably legendary. If it was someone in the US, it wouldn't be so big. It is nice that she is standing up for women out there. Kind of inspiring.

So talking about women needing more education is more worthy of the "peace" prize than someone who's actions not words prevented an invasion.

Yeah one is an act of preserving peace another is a good deed trying to teach people classroom skills.

Oversimplifying things. Stop, this woman has gotten shot at for what she has done. As for Putin? I don't think we can argue he may have done *good* but I'm not certain it was out of pure goodness on Putin's end. He's an Anti-hero in this mess. It seems awesome of him but really it's him being selfish.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    The truth is that if Obama diserved his prise then Putin diserve one too .

Putin is an anti-hero. He is the stone cold Steve Austin of world politics.

So he stopped an invasion nice and dandy, but he still supplies weapons in large quantity that causes more and more killing, regardless of who is right or not in the Syrian civil war.
    nothing to do with his lgbt policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    So he stopped an invasion nice and dandy, but he still supplies weapons in large quantity that causes more and more killing, regardless of who is right or not in the Syrian civil war.
    nothing to do with his lgbt policies.
    If he does supply weapons and you have offered a baseless opinion with no proof then its to support groups oppressed by their governments.

Because Putin would have led an effort to seize Syrian chemical weapons if the US hadn't threatened military force. Right.