Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Does anybody not read any of the posts before they do? Entropy, what you stated is obvious to any new 90 MW. I was healing when jabjabuplift carried us to victory. Please...

People are still not seeing the point of this thread. If its the same as 25m which is and isn't, then why does everyone mention the same thing? I'm looking for specific differences between 10m/25m as far as healing.

Every MW knows you keep Rem on cd, you expel on cd for chi if you aren't capped on it, uplift for aoe healing assuming ReM is on a decent amt of targets, and I'm already using sck paired with rushing jade wind assuming the fight is stacked.

I know all of that is mentioned in the thread, I've read it every single patch.

Chi brew compared to ascension was crap. Chi brew was on what, a 2min cd? and gave max chi. That was it, it was crap. Now its better because it gives mana tea stacks and has 2 charges, so its more flexible. Chi brew vs power strikes was also situational. Power strikes was the best mp5 stat prior to chi brew now. Please...disagree with me. Just kidding this thread is about promoting how to heal in 25m, which you clearly state how to heal in 10m/25m. Please state the differences you apply and I'll consider them. Until then please come back with useful info.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinco View Post
    The most basic advice I can give:

Healing as a MW in 25m is mostly not about throwing a heal spell at an injured person, it's about throwing widespread random heals which you amplify when more damage is coming in. It's a playstyle that is quite disconnected from what's actually happening in the fight and skillwise translates very roughly to:

- keeping ReM on cooldown
    - using your chi mostly for uplift when damage comes in or when you hit max chi.
    - fill the time between uplift and ReM with sipping mana tea and generating chi (expel harm, SCK, soothing mist)

It's like a loose rotation of building chi with mana and regaining mana from spent chi that you enhance with your cooldowns for more intense portions of the fight.
    When you say widespread random heals, what do you mean by that?

Just curious whats your opinion on fistweaving in 25m? Just the same as 10m, just low-moderate damage going into the raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Renewing Mist. That simple. One of the things plaguing the spec is the inability to assure that certain people get long-lasting HoTs when you want them to. The only way for RM to function perfectly is if you could stop the raid (and time) and ask the three most injured people to walk 20 yards away from the group and stand still.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Renewing Mist. That simple. One of the things plaguing the spec is the inability to assure that certain people get long-lasting HoTs when you want them to. The only way for RM to function perfectly is if you could stop the raid (and time) and ask the three most injured people to walk 20 yards away from the group and stand still.
    I see, I was thinking he meant something like using random spells. I had a feeling it was ReM he was referring to, but wasn't 100% sure.

Deleted
    That's just a fluffy description of 'keep ReM up on as many targets as possible (good tft usage is a big bonus)'.
    Personally, I don't like fistweaving too much in 25man but I haven't raided 'seriously' for years. The manacost of jab and my monk not having a legendary metagem yet makes the discrepancy of mana-usage between mistweaving and fistweaving so huge that I usually regret fistweaving later in the fights in terms of mana.

Deleted

Chi brew compared to ascension was crap. Chi brew was on what, a 2min cd? and gave max chi. That was it, it was crap. Now its better because it gives mana tea stacks and has 2 charges, so its more flexible. Chi brew vs power strikes was also situational. Power strikes was the best mp5 stat prior to chi brew now. Please...disagree with me. Just kidding this thread is about promoting how to heal in 25m, which you clearly state how to heal in 10m/25m. Please state the differences you apply and I'll consider them. Until then please come back with useful info.
    Chi brew was fine during ToT, especially during heroics.. Besides no decent monk would need mana regen, it was all about throughput..

What I dont get is, why don't you just go watch affinichi's kill videos, or stream, he's a decent mistweaver.

Deleted
    Consider reworking your attitude, surprised anyone is even considering helping you with how you're replying to some very good advice. The class has changed a tonne since you last played any decent amount, just because you played the spec through beta and dinged on day 1 doesn't make you some sort of mistweaver god.

Now to answer your question,
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin
    Any advice as far as 25m healing such as stat priorities, spell priorities, and just anything to put me in a good direction is much helpful.
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/8...c-b5257e721bdb

Click optimized and it even gives you a nice list of how to gem and enchant. Consider going to the Timeless Isle to get free 496 gear, then run Siege of Orgrimmar LFR. Your gear is shockingly dated, if you're not going to show a bare bones effort to optimize your character (I mean jeez, your professions?) why do you think anyone would go into specifics for 25 man raiding?

-Get a ReM tracker and make sure to hit a TFT Uplift when you've got 7/8 ReM targets, on 10m you can be much more lax with this.
    -Mastery can be slightly better than spirit in 25 man, however your gear is so bad you won't benefit from this information.
    -Chi Torpedo and Chi Brew are all very good talents for 25 man because they can bug out and reset their target cap resulting in double healing.
    -Get rid of Rushing Jade Wind, you will not be able to sustain it at your level of gear.
    -Ascension and Power Strikes are both terrible options, with an exception being made for Ascension when you're heavily fistweaving. On 25man this is relegated to easy or gimmick fights. Chi Brew is the king of t45 in every other situation due to synergy with TFT (and always has been).

There's your 25 man stat priorities, spell priorities and a good amount of direction on how you can get good. The moral of this post is if you don't want to be treated like a scrub, don't come asking for help that is out of your league when your character is optimized like a scrub.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Consider reworking your attitude, surprised anyone is even considering helping you with how you're replying to some very good advice. The class has changed a tonne since you last played any decent amount, just because you played the spec through beta and dinged on day 1 doesn't make you some sort of mistweaver god.

Now to answer your question,

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/8...c-b5257e721bdb

Click optimized and it even gives you a nice list of how to gem and enchant. Consider going to the Timeless Isle to get free 496 gear, then run Siege of Orgrimmar LFR. Your gear is shockingly dated, if you're not going to show a bare bones effort to optimize your character (I mean jeez, your professions?) why do you think anyone would go into specifics for 25 man raiding?

-Get a ReM tracker and make sure to hit a TFT Uplift when you've got 7/8 ReM targets, on 10m you can be much more lax with this.
    -Mastery can be slightly better than spirit in 25 man, however your gear is so bad you won't benefit from this information.
    -Chi Torpedo and Chi Brew are all very good talents for 25 man because they can bug out and reset their target cap resulting in double healing.
    -Get rid of Rushing Jade Wind, you will not be able to sustain it at your level of gear.
    -Ascension and Power Strikes are both terrible options, with an exception being made for Ascension when you're heavily fistweaving. On 25man this is relegated to easy or gimmick fights. Chi Brew is the king of t45 in every other situation due to synergy with TFT (and always has been).

There's your 25 man stat priorities, spell priorities and a good amount of direction on how you can get good. The moral of this post is if you don't want to be treated like a scrub, don't come asking for help that is out of your league when your character is optimized like a scrub.
    I'm glad you still want to help, but your attitude is no better than mine. If you read any of my previous posts I never claimed to be a MW god, but I'm not looking for pure basics, I was looking for ways to transition my 10m healing experience into 25m. How you heal in 10m CANNOT be the EXACT same as 25m. Its impossible, there may be similarities, but it will not be the exact same.

But let me run a summary over what you've written so far since you are so adamant on assuming I'm a horrible mistweaver.

As I said I just picked up my MW again since 5.4 yesterday. So I was in the progress of the chest pickups, but I got distracted by a flex group for my druid & my friend had request some random heroics.

Why would someone go into specifics for 25m raiding? Why should I even answer this?

- I have ReM tracker, its amazing. Makes it so much easier
    - My gear isn't horrible, my gear would be bad if I was in 463 heroic gear.
    - I am able to sustain rushing jade wind actually, I've done it multiple times in LFR. I've outhealed many healers above my gear level including shamans/druids/priests, because I can sustain it. Dont knock what you don't know.
    - You have to understand something, I CLEARLY stated my information was outdated and admitted I was wrong. I wonder if anyone considers advice from your MW blog because of your arrogance honestly...

I just, I don't know. Please don't post here again, honestly, your help isn't wanted anymore if you clearly can't read posts anymore. Honestly, I'm so glad I didn't bother reading your blog.

The last & only thing I will say to you is, just because you run the only MW blog that MMO-champ knows about and just because you are one of the top 100 guilds does not give you the right to be an ass to someone and expect to be treated like a king. When you learn some respect & kindness, I'll be more than happy to attempt to take your advice & possibly spread the word. Until then...
    Last edited by Angarin; 2013-10-12 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    I'm glad you still want to help, but your attitude is no better than mine. If you read any of my previous posts I never claimed to be a MW god, but I'm not looking for pure basics, I was looking for ways to transition my 10m healing experience into 25m. How you heal in 10m CANNOT be the EXACT same as 25m. Its impossible, there may be similarities, but it will not be the exact same.

But let me run a summary over what you've written so far since you are so adamant on assuming I'm a horrible mistweaver.

As I said I just picked up my MW again since 5.4 yesterday. So I was in the progress of the chest pickups, but I got distracted by a flex group for my druid & my friend had request some random heroics.

Why would someone go into specifics for 25m raiding? Why should I even answer this?

- I have ReM tracker, its amazing. Makes it so much easier
    - My gear isn't horrible, my gear would be bad if I was in 463 heroic gear.
    - I am able to sustain rushing jade wind actually, I've done it multiple times in LFR. I've outhealed many healers above my gear level including shamans/druids/priests, because I can sustain it. Dont knock what you don't know.
    - You have to understand something, I CLEARLY stated my information was outdated and admitted I was wrong. I wonder if anyone considers advice from your MW blog because of your arrogance honestly...

I just, I don't know. Please don't post here again, honestly, your help isn't wanted anymore if you clearly can't read posts anymore. Honestly, I'm so glad I didn't bother reading your blog.

The last & only thing I will say to you is, just because you run the only MW blog that MMO-champ knows about and just because you are one of the top 100 guilds does not give you the right to be an ass to someone and expect to be treated like a king. When you learn some respect & kindness, I'll be more than happy to attempt to take your advice & possibly spread the word. Until then...
    hah. you're awesome.
    Your gear is shit. Current content gear is 560ish, you're like 60 ilvl from that, so yeah gear=shit.
    Who care's wether reglitch comes off as a douchebag, just read his blog and post. Every answer you need, is there.

Btw. Grats on outhealing people in LFR, i'm pretty sure you can do that with soothing mist on the tank for the entire fight, and just use revival..

Come on, 25man healing isn't rocket science compared to man. Just use common sense.

I wonder what is your combined raid experience, on all your characters? cleared normals and LFR? 10/25?

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroomkin View Post
    hah. you're awesome.
    Your gear is shit. Current content gear is 560ish, you're like 60 ilvl from that, so yeah gear=shit.
    Who care's wether reglitch comes off as a douchebag, just read his blog and post. Every answer you need, is there.

Btw. Grats on outhealing people in LFR, i'm pretty sure you can do that with soothing mist on the tank for the entire fight, and just use revival..

Come on, 25man healing isn't rocket science compared to man. Just use common sense.

I wonder what is your combined raid experience, on all your characters? cleared normals and LFR? 10/25?
    Again, another person who didn't read the thread. Not answering, you'll find the answers you are looking for if you actually read it.

All I'm saying is that apparently my gear is shit to everyone, so when I get in 540 gear my gear is still shit. I'm glad I even asked for advice. Can't wait for wildstar to come out so I can ditch this horrible community, its becoming worse than league of legends at this point.

Deleted
    - I have ReM tracker, its amazing. Makes it so much easier.
    In that case you have pretty much every 25 man nuance covered, there's no magic strategy we're using outside of common sense talent choices and better placement of ReM and timing on TFT. If that's obvious to you and you think you're doing it properly that only further reaffirms the fact you're trying to walk before you can crawl, get your gear sorted.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, another person who didn't read the thread. Not answering, you'll find the answers you are looking for if you actually read it.

All I'm saying is that apparently my gear is shit to everyone, so when I get in 540 gear my gear is still shit. I'm glad I even asked for advice. Can't wait for wildstar to come out so I can ditch this horrible community, its becoming worse than league of legends at this point.
    The purpose of people stating your gear is bad and poorly optimized is the fact it can hinder you, and to make sure you know there are immediate and very easy options for improving it. I'm getting the feeling you think this advice is below you since you're not new to the class, but you've still not made any attempts to act on it according to your armory. Either way you've got all the advice I'm going to give you, up to you whether or not you're going to act on it.

In that case you have pretty much every 25 man nuance covered, there's no magic strategy we're using outside of common sense talent choices and better placement of ReM and timing on TFT. If that's obvious to you and you think you're doing it properly that only further reaffirms the fact you're trying to walk before you can crawl, get your gear sorted.

- - - Updated - - -

The purpose of people stating your gear is bad and poorly optimized is the fact it can hinder you, and to make sure you know there are immediate and very easy options for improving it. I'm getting the feeling you think this advice is below you since you're not new to the class, but you've still not made any attempts to act on it according to your armory. Either way you've got all the advice I'm going to give you, up to you whether or not you're going to act on it.
    My armory still hasn't updated since my transfer. That is why it hasn't changed. To make note of what I have done that I can remember so far

~ My ilvl has increased to 496 in my MW set from what it previously was.
    ~ I have done almost all of the chests, just a couple weekly ones and the ordo plateau ones are left.
    ~ I have attempted to hit the haste breakpoint, although no success yet
    ~ Obtained my celestial boss kill
    ~ Completed ToT quarter 1 & 2. Still no weapon or trinket from either.
    ~ Gemmed what pieces I hadn't gemmed

Heres what I have not done yet

~ Enchanted my gear

As cheap as enchants are I'm a bit of a nit-picker on it. If I know I'm not in a serious raiding environment or won't be the following day I won't bother enchanting my gear as I may obtain an upgrade through means of LFR or now the new difficulty flex.

~ Obtained a new weapon. My weapon is so out dated. Its fairly frustrating, I've had this weapon since week 1 of MoP and I haven't obtained anything else since then.

When my armory updates it should be as following http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mal'ganis/Gessaa/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    I get the feeling someone wants to know the basics, but didn't want to just read the guides...everything mentioned here was mentioned at the sticky on top..
    pretty basic things like spreading ReM around etc...
    one one main difference / not healing tank in 25m really...is kind of obvious even in 10m mw's aren't amazing at tank healing...no burst for spike, just cocoon which is a cd...

guy wants to know the basics, and gets upset when people tell him the basics, because some of his questions are so obvious that others reply / answer him, then offer up more basic advice to try and further help...

honestly, this has been answered this that and the other way, take the advice or leave it....

and not bothering to enchant your gear even with the 5 gold enchants because mats are so dang abundant in MoP? can even farm them up...really?
    because you might, replace it?
    it might take 1 day, or 12 weeks to get a replacement...you never know...but you really looking to be 'considered' for a raiding guild without going to at least that much effort?

you'd get kicked faster than a burning mystery bag on a porch.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    I get the feeling someone wants to know the basics, but didn't want to just read the guides...everything mentioned here was mentioned at the sticky on top..
    pretty basic things like spreading ReM around etc...
    one one main difference / not healing tank in 25m really...is kind of obvious even in 10m mw's aren't amazing at tank healing...no burst for spike, just cocoon which is a cd...

guy wants to know the basics, and gets upset when people tell him the basics, because some of his questions are so obvious that others reply / answer him, then offer up more basic advice to try and further help...

honestly, this has been answered this that and the other way, take the advice or leave it....

and not bothering to enchant your gear even with the 5 gold enchants because mats are so dang abundant in MoP? can even farm them up...really?
    because you might, replace it?
    it might take 1 day, or 12 weeks to get a replacement...you never know...but you really looking to be 'considered' for a raiding guild without going to at least that much effort?

you'd get kicked faster than a burning mystery bag on a porch.

Few things here...

1 - If you didn't bother reading my armory isn't up to date, and I mentioned why I'm not enchanting. I'm not sure where you got the notion I was applying to 25m guilds at this moment.

2 - I know the basics, I didn't ask for the basics. I asked for the advanced class. Please read thoroughly when making a post.

What you stated is everything that was in the guide. Again another person who fails to understand the point of this thread. I actually have doubts you don't even raid 25m because you have so little info to provide.

In fact does anyone here raid 25m? I've gotten little info between specifics on 10 vs 25m. It can't just be MW's dont heal tanks on 25m. That cannot be the only thing. Yes, I'm waiting for someone to provide me with the basics again just because I said that. The clock is ticking, stop watch is on.

If my question is obvious, why didn't you answer it? You're going to say you did, but all you said was what everybody said who as I said I'm sure none of them raided in 10 vs 25 this recently who can provide feedback.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but when you try to make me look like a moron when you can't answer a question because you think you know the answer...lets be real here...

Nevermind this anymore, obviously no one has the knowledge or the comprehension to read the thread & posts throughout it to understand the point of this. I'm better off learning this rather than relying on people who can't even comprehend simple notions & objectives.

Thats all I'm saying, feel free to post here and create a flame fest. Wasted time is wasted.

Any advice as far as 25m healing such as stat priorities, spell priorities, and just anything to put me in a good direction is much helpful.
    People like you are cancer. You ask for advice, like exampled above. Then when people give it. Like 90% of the people in this thread have, you blow it off like its not what you wanted. Its simply you who can not comprehend the play style of a MW. Might i recommend sticking to a an class that any retard can play successfully. Like a holy pally or resto shaman.

Get started by reading the guide at the top of the section

PS the first post literately answered your specific question to the T. You are just to fucking lazy to go and read it.
    Last edited by Entropy; 2013-10-12 at 08:45 PM.

Deleted
    I switched from a 10heroic guild to a 25heroic one in June. At start I was confused. you have more targets, you need to be a little more aware in choosing REM targets, you will use talents that have little or no use in 10 (torpedo, burst) .

In the end I adapted well. I didn't changed my playstyle apart of these things, nor my reforges (I never aimed for EM caps in 10 man, i used spheres for tank healing) .
    The most difficult thing for me was the usage of Revival. Even in TOT (where healing was better balanced than SoO tbh), using correctly revivial in 25man it's a little more difficult and you will often use it with a mid-large overhealing or you will be simply sniped by other healers.

Other fellow monks answered most of your questions

In fact does anyone here raid 25m? I've gotten little info between specifics on 10 vs 25m. It can't just be MW's dont heal tanks on 25m. That cannot be the only thing. Yes, I'm waiting for someone to provide me with the basics again just because I said that. The clock is ticking, stop watch is on.
    I think your fundamental problem is with your initial assumption that there is some vast difference in play between 10man healing and 25man healing. 25mans have more healers overall, so you're virtually guaranteed to have someone better suited to tank/spot healing in your group, meaning you can focus on raid/blanket healing; and there are more people in general, which makes certain talents like Chi Torpedo and Chi Burst effective more generally instead of just in specific (stacking) scenarios. Oh, and SCK.

Literally, that's it. There's no secret arcana of 25man healing that we've been keeping away from you. No difference in stat weights except for a nonpreference for the 9916 haste breakpoint which doesn't even apply to you because your gear can't support it anyway. People have been trying to get this across to you for 2 pages now, but you just act defensive because you think we're trying to tell you "the basics" of the class that you already know, when the fact is, if you know the basics of the class, you know how to heal in 25mans.

It doesn't help your cause when you lash out at the people trying to help you, and it certainly doesn't make you look good when you make ignorant statements like "Chi Brew compared to Ascension was crap."

Does anybody not read any of the posts before they do? Entropy, what you stated is obvious to any new 90 MW. I was healing when jabjabuplift carried us to victory. Please...

Chi brew compared to ascension was crap.
    Lol. Right.

You really should just read through the Mistweaver sticky at the top of the page. At this point, this thread has turned into discussion about how we know you have little clue about the basics of Mistweaving.

With all due respect to you my friend, I think you need to find another resource if you plan on getting good at Mistweaving. Asking others for help clearly isn't your strong suit, and I think everyone who's willing and capable of helping you has already tried.

Best of luck to you.

Deleted
    Alright, here is something that might actually help.
    Now this might seem a bit strange, but this is an open application from a pretty good 10m mistweaver, to a top25west 25man guild.
    Their mistweaver is pretty good aswell..

Now they discuss some of the differences between 10m and 25m. And it covers pretty much everything you seem to wanna know.

Keep in mind that it's pre 5.4, but not all that much has changed in the 10m vs 25m..

http://echoes-guild.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9151

Read the comments from renewing and Luno.
    Luno is the applicant. He got accepted, later changed back to 10m though ..

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroomkin View Post
    Alright, here is something that might actually help.
    Now this might seem a bit strange, but this is an open application from a pretty good 10m mistweaver, to a top25west 25man guild.
    Their mistweaver is pretty good aswell..

Now they discuss some of the differences between 10m and 25m. And it covers pretty much everything you seem to wanna know.

Keep in mind that it's pre 5.4, but not all that much has changed in the 10m vs 25m..

Read the comments from renewing and Luno.
    Luno is the applicant. He got accepted, later changed back to 10m though ..
    It was good read, thanks.