Thread: DW DK PVP help

Deleted

DW DK PVP help

ive been playing my dk for awhile now yet i still fell crap in tyranical/grevious gear i even have grevious wepons and yet my damage seems the same as with tyranical and i still die really fast

what should i be reforging into this patch?

are strength gems still the main thing to gem?

what talents should i take as DW frost?

im asking this cos i do play my DK alot but i dnt know if im playing him as good as i should be doing, i dnt want to look on noxxic as ive heard bad things about them, the PVP scenario i play in is mainly bg's rateds and randoms

Welp, here we go. DW is never going to be optimal for you in PvP. Switch to 2H Frost and enjoy hayuge Oblits. Learn to use AMS + DC optimally along with stance dancing if survival is an issue. Strength is what you want to gem for. I would always recommend DP, Asphyxiate, LB, and RW. Make sure you have all of your dots rolling on your KT for bigger Oblits. I swear I am unstoppable right now with my Grievous Axe. Part of me wants to say L2P, but hopefully some of this helps. =p

Deleted
    well i have my grevious 1h now, ive never played 2H

It really isn't far different. Obliterate will become your main nuke and DW requires a larger uptime on your target. PvP will never warrant the aoe or uptime comfort that DW really requires. Seeing that it sounds like you only dumped 1750 conq on ONE grievous 1H, I'd have to recommend saving points for your 2H, or simply grab the Tyrann. It's going to be that much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure to get conversion and make a stance swap macro. Pretty tough in BP w/ conversion ticking.
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    i got 2x greivus 1 handed weapons and like i said never played 2h im sticking with DW tbh since thats what my gems and enchants and gear reforges are for.

and i never said in my thread anything about playing 2H im DW its what i play give me advice on that not something im never gonna play please

Good luck, you're no longer welcome to any further advice from me.

Welp, here we go. DW is never going to be optimal for you in PvP. Switch to 2H Frost and enjoy hayuge Oblits. Learn to use AMS + DC optimally along with stance dancing if survival is an issue. Strength is what you want to gem for. I would always recommend DP, Asphyxiate, LB, and RW. Make sure you have all of your dots rolling on your KT for bigger Oblits. I swear I am unstoppable right now with my Grievous Axe. Part of me wants to say L2P, but hopefully some of this helps. =p
    What a douchebag you are. Why not just answe his question?
    I've already showed in another thread that DW's Howling Blast has the potential to crit higher than 2h's Obliterate with the new pvp gear because of it's superior scaling. And high crits isn't everything. 2h's Obliterate does hit more without procs and pillar, but with them DW's Howling Blast can crit higher because of the scaling.
    2h's Obliterate doesn't hit miles ahead of DW's Frost Strike and HB. That's a myth!

what should i be reforging into this patch?

are strength gems still the main thing to gem?

what talents should i take as DW frost?
    - 3% hit and 3% expertise > mastery and strength > crit > more expertise or hit > spirit > haste
    - Strength and mastery. Get at least 40% mastery
    - Plague Leech, Lichborn, Chillblains, Death Pact, blood tap, Desecrated Grounds

My armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Northug/simple
    - some pve gear, played some pve lately. Can't change because gametime ran out, and i prioritize school atm.

It really isn't far different. Obliterate will become your main nuke and DW requires a larger uptime on your target. PvP will never warrant the aoe or uptime comfort that DW really requires. Seeing that it sounds like you only dumped 1750 conq on ONE grievous 1H, I'd have to recommend saving points for your 2H, or simply grab the Tyrann. It's going to be that much better.
    DW is ahead of 2h in pve right now on single target dps. Same thing should happen in pvp with full new pvp gear because DW scales a lot better. 2h's damage is also lower on high armor, while armor doesn't effect DW's damage at all.
    Last edited by Wrien; 2013-10-12 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post

- 3% hit and 3% expertise > mastery and strength > crit > more expertise or hit > spirit > haste
    - Strength and mastery. Get at least 40% mastery
    - Plague Leech, Lichborn, Chillblains, Death Pact, blood tap, Desecrated Grounds

DW is ahead of 2h in pve right now on single target dps. Same thing should happen in pvp with full new pvp gear because DW scales a lot better. 2h's damage is also lower on high armor, while armor doesn't effect DW's damage at all.
    Gemming mastery is probably the best thing to do, I myself go with a DnD glyph and just take Asphyxiate rather than Chillblains. But due to HB, having chillblains is really nice to have. And Death Pact is good, I tried Death Siphon before, but its healing can be lackluster in many cases in terms of PVP. The only thing that really hurts DW is when you have to be in blood presence. But if you can overcome that, DW can scale very well with gear.
    Dual Wield PVP Warrior/Death Knight PVP Videos/Tips/Guides