Fire Ele Vs. Imp Fire Ele: They're doing the same damage.

Last night my guild was pushing progression of heroic spoils, the mini-bosses hit pretty hard blah-blah blah, i opted for the better burst so kill them blah blah blah, have the ele off of cd for the second mini-boss blah blah blah.

When I checked the meters my Improved fire ele was doing PITIFUL damage. With the glyph he was doing anywhere from 3-4 mil. I was getting 5-7 out of him LAST TIER, so I'm testing stuff on dummies, and it looks like my baseline Fire Ele is doing about 500k less.

My question fellow shamans is this, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK WERE WE NINJA NERFED?

10+ Year Old Account
    Question- was it glyphed imp fire ele vs. non-glyphed normal fire ele? If it was, then thats expected. If it wasn't, I.E nonglyphed imp vs nonglyphed normal, or glyphed imp vs glyphed normal, then yea, that was a seriously nerf and is most likely a bug somewhere, possibly with the glyph causing imp fire elemental to have damage of normal fire elemental. Test non-glyphed vs non-glyphed if you havent already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Just got 6.26 mil out of a PE Fire ele, while fighting the dummy myself so he could passively benefit from my weapon/trinket procs. Un glyphed.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gonna keep testing and posting. But my full minute PE fire ele used to do 10 mil in ToT. I'm mastery build atm, maybe that has to do with it?
    So far:
    Glyphed Results: PE 3.71 vs. 2.24 Normal
    Unglyphed: 6.26 PE vs. 3.51 Normal

Also, I'm not lusting for any of these tests.

This is my armory btw, for reference. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Kitchensink/advanced

- - - Updated - - -

The tests look not so bad anymore, considering lust, and raid buffs. To be absolutely honest, I don't know EXACTLY how the ele's dmg is calculated, beyond that it no longer snapshots. Any feedback or knowledge dropping is more than welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Refridge View Post
    Just got 6.26 mil out of a PE Fire ele, while fighting the dummy myself so he could passively benefit from my weapon/trinket procs. Un glyphed.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gonna keep testing and posting. But my full minute PE fire ele used to do 10 mil in ToT. I'm mastery build atm, maybe that has to do with it?
    So far:
    Glyphed Results: PE 3.71 vs. 2.24 Normal
    Unglyphed: 6.26 PE vs. 3.51 Normal

Also, I'm not lusting for any of these tests.

This is my armory btw, for reference. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nsink/advanced

- - - Updated - - -

The tests look not so bad anymore, considering lust, and raid buffs. To be absolutely honest, I don't know EXACTLY how the ele's dmg is calculated, beyond that it no longer snapshots. Any feedback or knowledge dropping is more than welcome.

Well you kinda figured it out in your question above, about being mastery now. AFAIK Mastery does nothing for Elementals. In ToT you were more than likely haste build since you were Orc. Thats pretty much where the extra damage you were getting from elementals in ToT.

Elementals were nerfed too by 10% for 5.4. Even less damage now.

Im not sure if this is the best term but elementals are also 'adaptive' to your stats, instead of snapshot.

Edit- disregard above. Didnt read anywhere you were enhance, i was referring to Elemental Spec. And for some reason I swore you were a Fem Orc. lol
    Last edited by Asem; 2013-10-11 at 09:09 PM.

Fire ele scales with haste/crit/int so camparing damage on a dummy to damage in raid is not a good idea. Also fe gains nothing from mastery so if you changed from haste to mastery your fe will be weaker. Also testing can be skewed based on procs quite a bit.

I used to be a female orc, but there were so many beasts in ToT that I swapped. I think orc is better this tier. I guess it's just the mastery vs. haste. Is haste better with AoC then?

Quote Originally Posted by Refridge View Post
    I used to be a female orc, but there were so many beasts in ToT that I swapped. I think orc is better this tier. I guess it's just the mastery vs. haste. Is haste better with AoC then?
    Ya in theory the same applies to what I was saying about Haste v Mastery. I just dont remember if the Fire Elementals Fire Damage was buffed by the Enhance mastery, I just know it worthless for Elemental Spec. Drawing a blank at AoC acronym lol..

Assurance of Consequence, the CDR trinket for agi users. I'll look into it.

Fire Elemental is doing less damage now from few reasons
    1. 10% nerff in 5.4
    2. Glyphed FE no linger perfect linge with EM what was giving 30% haste for 20sec ( around 60% of FET up time)
    3. RPPM nerf , i styl use Renataki trinket with have now around 25% up time in ToT i had fight when i got almost 60% uptime sometimes
    4. most are going mastery>haste now and mastery does not benefit fire elemental

So elemental get some nerfs you no longer can have so much other buffs uptime witch were increasing FE damage and mastery gearing all make FE do less damage
    so if you dont have DCs reduction trinket PE is not to good chosice now

Fire Elemental does benefit from your mastery. Not sure why it's the popular thing these days to say that it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Fire Elemental does benefit from your mastery. Not sure why it's the popular thing these days to say that it doesn't.
    ? how so ?

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    ? how so ?
    ... The same way it applies to any other ability? I don't understand the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely originates from elemental shamans who's mastery is overload, which doesn't affect the fire elemental. Since it doesn't do anything people translate that as: fire ele doesn't snapshot your mastery. If tomorrow they were to change ele mastery into dmg done instead of overload, and wouldn't change the fire ele, then the fire ele would also benefit from ele's mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    Fire Elemental is doing less damage now from few reasons
    1. 10% nerff in 5.4
    2. Glyphed FE no linger perfect linge with EM what was giving 30% haste for 20sec ( around 60% of FET up time)
    3. RPPM nerf , i styl use Renataki trinket with have now around 25% up time in ToT i had fight when i got almost 60% uptime sometimes
    4. most are going mastery>haste now and mastery does not benefit fire elemental

So elemental get some nerfs you no longer can have so much other buffs uptime witch were increasing FE damage and mastery gearing all make FE do less damage
    so if you dont have DCs reduction trinket PE is not to good chosice now
    Haste is starting to > Mastery in sims.

... The same way it applies to any other ability? I don't understand the question.

Didn't realize that this post is about enhancement, sorry for the misunderstanding !

Deleted
    Are you sure that the enhancer mastery doesn't benefit their elementals? Then what is the reason that enhancer's fire elementals always do much more dmg than elemental's fire elementals? I first noticed that in mogu, when our enhancers fire ele did so much more than my ele, despite having same gear ilvl.

I apologize for the poor post title. Seeing as the masteries have different effects, I see how this could've been confusing.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the best repsonse I've recieved in regard to Fire ele dmg in like... 2 years? Thank you, very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't the glyph change? Making your uptime less, but also the cooldown less. This would as well result in lower damage per pop. But depending on fight duration would change if it will be up 1 extra time.