Elemental...too much hit

My shaman is not my main. I usually do a few dailys and one raid a week on him. My problem is I keep on getting gear with spirit on him. My hit is now at 24% and thats reforging out of it. Is this the norm? I mean Im hoping on the haste/mastery gear but everything I get has spirit.

Ima edit it. I now have 19%.
    Last edited by teebo; 2013-10-11 at 07:35 PM.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    My shaman is not my main. I usually do a few dailys and one raid a week on him. My problem is I keep on getting gear with spirit on him. My hit is now at 24% and thats reforging out of it. Is this the norm? I mean Im hoping on the haste/mastery gear but everything I get has spirit.

Ima edit it. I now have 19%.

You have an Armory link? More than likely you cant really do anything. Try not to hit +spirit socket bonuses, with a pure Mastery/Haste. I went through this is ToT, you just gotta do more rain dances to the Loot gods to get your items. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing (I dont know your progression) but try not to just wear a 553 item just because it has 4 item levels on, lets say, Ra-Den 549 Long draw Chain belt, upgraded. You'll get more out of the secondaries hands down then something with Spirit/Haste or Spirit/Mastery. If that helps

I haven't had any hit issues, but I can easily see how they can come about with most of the off-set gear having spirit on. Fortunately this patch, except the legs, tier is spirit-free, there is a haste/mastery ring and boots etc. so it's just hoping for luck with loot. If you have the hit trinket from last tier still, that will hurt a lot too.

I have somewhat a lot of hit but that Robot site does a good job of trimming the fat, so to speak.

deal with it ? blizzard just fails horribly with the Spec anyway

They should just give Manatide to Elemental spec. All the spirit over cap wouldnt be wasted then.

You can use the website AskMrRobot to easily optimize your gear (and it's addon with the same name from curse.com).

http://www.askmrrobot.com/
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/askmrrobot

Proper reforging can take care of all that extra hit/spirit, and MrRobot does that perfectly.
    Tinker + Alchemist in a single class:
    Tank spec: robotics, steampunk hammers/chainsaws, grappling hooks and heavy machinery.
    Melee dps spec: doping yourself with chems and tossing vicious acids on the enemies.
    Ranged dps: rockets, lasers, TNT critters and explosives, shrink rays and sapper mines.
    Healing spec: chemical sprays, needles, exploding flasks and other chemical type abilities to heal.

You can't really do anything about it. I am at 18% reforging out of all spirit / hit and ignoring all blue sockets and hit socket bonuses.
    Last edited by Jacob6875; 2013-10-13 at 05:00 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

I'm at 20.32% hit after reforging all spirit I can away + no spirit gems. Just gotta hope the gear without spirit/hit drops soon..

I may be wrong, but I'm also over hit cap, and I refuse to swap my ToT normal/thunderforged items with mastery/haste for SoO normal spirit/crit items (which is like all that drops from the first 3/4 of the raid >.>). Especially now that secondary stats are becoming more important than intellect.

Please guys, avoid recommending AMR without instructing to put your own sim'd weights in as well. AMR is a great tool but it's only as good as the quality of the data inputted, like a calculator I guess.

Please read this forum, check out the "Haste or Mastery" and "SimC how to's" http://www.totemspot.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=97

AMR has just told me to gem all +160 int when my Mastery is more than double more valuable.

When I hear people being massively over hit its because they are still using woosh trinket. Ditch it ASAP

Another dissadvantage is that the first 8 bosses of SoO, only drop 1-2 drops for elemental shaman, everything Mail peice till 8th-9 th boss has spirit and crit on it..... My guild is a casual guild with some old vanila players we are at 8th boss normal, this is what i beleive is the problem. got 17% hit, with all gear spirit reforge to something else.