Analyzing Damage to MC people for Garrosh on WoL

My group has been stuck on Garrosh for a couple weeks now, the main problem being dpsing/interrupting the mind controlled people. I was able to pull the interrupts from the expression editor by typing this fulltype=SPELL_INTERRUPT and extraspell="Touch of Y'Shaarj" but I can not figure out how to pull the damage done to the people that are mced. Especially when we get to the empowered mcs they are staying up way too long and becoming a problem (3+ casts). Any help with how to query this would be greatly appreciated.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5w5l0ea2ldp902gt/

type=TYPE_DAMAGE and sourceType="Player" and targetType="Player"

Should do you. That's all damage where the source and the target are both players. I haven't done Garrosh, but I assume the MCed players are incapacitated to some effect, and aren't damaging players? Otherwise, you could just run another query for the spell name.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, this will just give the spells being applied, as per the spell name in your first post, along with who damaged them:

(type=TYPE_DAMAGE and sourceType="Player" and targetType="Player") or (fullType=SPELL_AURA_APPLIED and spell="Touch of Y'Shaarj")

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deidios View Post
    My group has been stuck on Garrosh for a couple weeks now, the main problem being dpsing/interrupting the mind controlled people. I was able to pull the interrupts from the expression editor by typing this fulltype=SPELL_INTERRUPT and extraspell="Touch of Y'Shaarj" but I can not figure out how to pull the damage done to the people that are mced. Especially when we get to the empowered mcs they are staying up way too long and becoming a problem (3+ casts). Any help with how to query this would be greatly appreciated.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5w5l0ea2ldp902gt/
    Deidios, do you run an ingame combat log as well such as Recount or Skada? When we started progression on this fight I found it quite easy from attempt to attempt to look at damage done to MC'd players in skada in the damage done by/to section of the breakdown. It may be easier to parse through than your individual logs at the end of the night, at least just for that specific item you are trying to find.

What comp are you running for DPS? Perhaps I/we(forum peeps) can help suggest who/how you should handle those intterupts. I know in my raid we killed people a few times with too many people going for the MC'd players.

Or you could do it like this:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5w...?s=4043&e=4806

2 points though its not what you were asking!
    1) The ability order is always Desecrate > MC > whirling corruption so you should stack on the tanks when desecrate goes out since people have to move anyway. This allows more efficient freeing of the MC'd people. Abilities like dragons roar and avengers shield from the pala are particularly good at this.
    2) Your attempts are uber long. Our first kill was 10 minutes. If you are getting more than 2 trips to the other realm then you aren't meeting the dps check and need to up dps as a whole. Slow freeing of the MC's is just a symptom of this. Our first kill was last reset and was 10:04 with an average raid dps of 1.9mill compared to your 1.4mill. With 12/13 minute attempts you are just asking for trouble. Props to your healers though!
    Last edited by Deja Thoris; 2013-10-11 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting strat there Deja, that makes a lot of sense for the MC's. We just have a ranged and melee group and call out interrupts, but I can see how stacking would be quite helpful there, just makes for a lot of extra movement for the ranged group. Desecrate (move in)>>MC>>Move out>>Desecrate>>Move in etc, where we just Desecrate, move to next spot for desecrate, do the mcs there and continue until spread for MC's. Doing that method we got our kill in 9:10 seconds. I definitely want to check out that for this week though, I like the idea of having things like our Shamans solar beam for aoe silence guaranteed on all the mc's.

Deja I was actually planning on doing this on Sunday so that myself and the other tank can help out with interrupts, I was planning on just having the tanks move the boss to the ranged group and then back out afterwards so the ranged only have to move for the weapon giving them more time to dps. About how long is it between MC and whirling corruption? I was not sure of this and I deleted all the video i had recorded =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Deidios, I just reviewed our 1st kill video that is in my sig. Looks like 20 seconds between MC then Whirl.