Thread: Thok's Tail Tip

Deleted

Thok's Tail Tip

Now this might sound like a twisted idea to use strength trinket on a hunter but from the looks of it...

It gives 7% (8% hc version) critical damage, haste and mastery on equip at all times. The proc is standard 20s strength on 110s ICD.
    Someone should really sim this. STR still does increase AP as much as agility does, you just won't get the extra crit during proc. I think those 214% damage criticals would actually outweigh the extra crit gained during agility proc :O And you do that much crit dmg at all times, not only during short window of time.

We don't have agility counterpart for this trinket type. Anyone tried it or have some sim data on it?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    We don't have agility counterpart for this trinket type.
    There is an agility version.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=102292

Pretty sure Str also only grants melee AP for hunters. So that trinket is pretty terrible really.
    Last edited by Splatter; 2013-10-11 at 10:17 PM.

Deleted
    Nope there's not. Our 110s icd trinket is the CD reduction one. There's NO agility trinket with this equip effect.
    Aside from that we have multistrike and cleave trinks from shamans & spoils and the one from Blackfuse which im using now.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    my bad, i misread the tool tip. Either way str gives 1 melee ap per point. agi gives two ranged and 1 melee ap per point. pets scale off ranges ap and not melee. so the proc is essentially worthless.

The Trinket type wouldn't be good for Hunters anyway, we scale like shit with secondaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible trinket for a hunter, period.

1 Str gives 1 MELEE ap, 1 agi gives 2 RANGED ap and some crit. Melee ap gives us absolutely nothing. To test this: put 170 str glove enchant on and watch your range ap not move. I know amp trinket seems huge, but it's not even good for windwalkers and they benefit from the str melee ap.

SV bis is still HT and AoC, BM bis is still TED and AoC.

Deleted
    The str even wotn proc because if you dint read there is a restriction its only for str users (have no idea do is overall for trinket or just for proc)

What's up with people trying to use non-agility trinkets this patch, few weeks ago somebody was trying to do the same thing with caster amp trinket. This is not vanilla, and not everything is hunter loot. We have perfectly good trinkets designed for our class.

Deleted
    What's up with people trying to use non-agility trinkets this patch, few weeks ago somebody was trying to do the same thing with caster amp trinket. This is not vanilla, and not everything is hunter loot. We have perfectly good trinkets designed for our class.
    Yeah this takes me back to BC, with hunters rolling on EVERYTHING they could get their fingers on XD good times

Quote Originally Posted by b4dcrc View Post
    Yeah this takes me back to BC, with hunters rolling on EVERYTHING they could get their fingers on XD good times
    the sad part was that no matter what you rolled at, it was a upgrade ;_;
    I like my coffe like my mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voshod View Post
    This is not vanilla, and not everything is hunter loot. We have perfectly good trinkets designed for our class.
    Do we? for BM Haromns is not really "the best" trinket ever, and TED has a terrible proc xD, that's why people is looking for "options"

Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    the sad part was that no matter what you rolled at, it was a upgrade ;_;
    Except the hunter class sets, that came with spirit and intellect but no agility.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Except the hunter class sets, that came with spirit and intellect but no agility.
    got to get that hp & mana reneg!
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Agil Leather was Pro!!! I remember ICC taking H Leather Boots and Wrist I believe... Then again, a Warrior needed and took my BiS Mail Legs... Damn that Warrior, those never dropped again! LOL