Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spriest DPS stat weights recently - What is going on?

Howtopriest has been a little weird lately... at first, we were all confident in haste cap and 1:1 crit/mastery, now.. most people believe 14873 haste BP/Crit and then we have Twintop and other well-known priests reforging to pure mastery?!

I understand that right now stat-weights are a little wonky (with Simcraft bugs), but I would love to hear some of this community's experiences with the various options we have when it comes to weights.

Here is a link to some of the priests I am referring to:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...intop/advanced
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oilie/advanced
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...avity/advanced
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Drye/advanced

Currently, I am rolling with the crit build.. it seems to be great, but I am uncomfortable not knowing any concrete details.
    Last edited by Gindry; 2013-10-11 at 10:37 PM.

Pravity and I are doing the same thing =)

I posted this at the begging of the week in case you missed it.

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4829

It's personal preference. But I've still seen the best results with GCD > Mastery > crit.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Gindry View Post
    I am uncomfortable not knowing any concrete details.
    Why so? Ignorance is bliss.

On a more serious (and uncomfortable) note, I'd suggest getting DP+3 cap via gems/gear, and reforging the rest according to the fight you're progressing on, and the talents you're using. If it's FDCL go with crit, if it's SW:I go with mastery, or just keep them both at the same lvl, until you decide which reforge you prefer playing with (or until someone else does it for you).

Also gotta like how half the people you're looking up are dogs, I mean worgen.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-10-12 at 12:40 AM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

I agree with veiledy0. MFI tends to favor mastery, while fdcl favors crit. Given how close the zone in point is to shrine, even if you can't mount up where you are in the instance, it wouldn't take long to hearth and make it right back. If you really want to min/max, it's not much extra trouble to min/max for each fight, which is better than using a blanket reforge for everything.

Deleted
    well the final boss ep 11 today with drye and twintop i hope will shed some light on the matter. Cant wait to watch it, big up to final boss and the spriest community shameless plug !!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ptz View Post
    well the final boss ep 11 today with drye and twintop i hope will shed some light on the matter. Cant wait to watch it, big up to final boss and the spriest community shameless plug !!!
    eeee.... woot?

Quote Originally Posted by blgns View Post
    eeee.... woot?
    http://finalboss.tv/

I hardly ever use fdcl, I guess I will go with mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems that going 18200 > Mastery > Crit makes more sense, you can't really go wrong with this to be honest, even if there is a better build the gain/loss would be in the margin of error, so stick to the all time classic "slow casts are for noobs"
    Last edited by Keosen; 2013-10-14 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    It seems that going 18200 > Mastery > Crit makes more sense, you can't really go wrong with this to be honest, even if there is a better build the gain/loss would be in the margin of error, so stick to the all time classic "slow casts are for noobs"
    18.2k is unbuffed and before LMG? Just curious, since I'm about to reach that value within the next days/2upgrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah with base haste, no trinks, no lmg.
    18200 is the VT+3 and 18215 (50%) is the GCD if i'm not wrong.
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?t=4401

Wow thanks for the link. Now I'm excited to see what will change with that breakpoint. How are we performing in equal/bis gear with other dps right now?
    Last edited by bondgirl; 2013-10-14 at 09:04 AM.

Deleted
    460ilvl now, Reforged from 50% haste and mastery, to 42% haste for this reset. All my stats are pretty close now, 42%,36%,42% haste/crit/mastery.
    I am sure this build granted me some additional dps on single target fights, while doing nothing on multidot fights except that annoying 14s VT.
    What is interesting on this build is that even with lower mastery, I often see my mindflay mastery in the top 3 abilites on recount, the crit bonus from 2set and immerseus trinket must have singificant impact on this.

In my opinion there have to be some balance between stats. So what I am not going to do is reforging to 18k haste right now, because that would cause me to lose way too much crit. Instead I will keep this build and wait for a few upgrades and later I will reforge 50% haste and mastery=crit or likely mastery:crit somewhere 10:7.

And some rating from my perspective:

Koilie, fine, just like my reforge right now , 42% haste, crit>mastery
    Pravity, fine, will reforge that way with higher ilvl, 50% haste, crit=mastery
    Drye, possible alternative, 50%haste, mastery>crit
    Twintop, not the best reforge in my opinion 42% haste and a lot of mastery

So, here's what's going on with secondary stats and gearing:

1. Get T16 4P. If you don't, Mastery > Crit.
    2. Be hitcapped (Expertise gems, Spirit gems, whatever).
    3. Pick a Haste breakpoint between DP+3 (14873) and GCD cap (18215) and get to it.
    4. Do whatever you want.

Our secondary stats are all scaling roughly the same right now once you meet 1 -> 3 in the list above. Going for crit over mastery or haste over crit or...etc. doesn't matter and stacking too much of one over another is going to result in lower DPS. There is an argument to be made, however, for high skillcap players with LOW latency to go to GCD cap because they will be able to execute at a higher level. Crit is slightly ahead in single target, Mastery is slightly ahead in multi target.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    So, here's what's going on with secondary stats and gearing:

1. Get T16 4P. If you don't, Mastery > Crit.
    2. Be hitcapped (Expertise gems, Spirit gems, whatever).
    3. Pick a Haste breakpoint between DP+3 (14873) and GCD cap (18215) and get to it.
    4. Do whatever you want.

Our secondary stats are all scaling roughly the same right now once you meet 1 -> 3 in the list above. Going for crit over mastery or haste over crit or...etc. doesn't matter and stacking too much of one over another is going to result in lower DPS. There is an argument to be made, however, for high skillcap players with LOW latency to go to GCD cap because they will be able to execute at a higher level. Crit is slightly ahead in single target, Mastery is slightly ahead in multi target.
    how much is "stacking too much of one over another"? for example i have 4p and hit cap and going for 14305(goblin haste bp) and going crit > mastery which is 10.2k crit and 6.6k mastery. too much crit over mastery?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    how much is "stacking too much of one over another"? for example i have 4p and hit cap and going for 14305(goblin haste bp) and going crit > mastery which is 10.2k crit and 6.6k mastery. too much crit over mastery?
    Noone will tell you that. Crit is slightly better than mastery on single target, but any additional DoT that u can cast on another target will favor mastery over crit, so u would have to do some minor reforge around each boss. In my opinion 10.2k and 6.6k is well balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Agness View Post
    Noone will tell you that. Crit is slightly better than mastery on single target, but any additional DoT that u can cast on another target will favor mastery over crit, so u would have to do some minor reforge around each boss. In my opinion 10.2k and 6.6k is well balanced.
    Yes. 10.2k crit / 6.6k mastery is fine. 15k crit and 2k mastery would not be.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ptz View Post
    I'd rather put them on treadmill.tv rofl. That girl's eyes tho :O
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    lawl so mean. But yes, Anna, she awesome!!!

Thank you very much for this new information. I have one question, if my latency is around 125ish, and I'm at 18,200 haste would it be beneficial for me going towards lower haste break-points (dp+3 14,873)? Using a casting addon like genosis, I've noticed when casting my latency seems to be around 100+ all the time.