Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Witcher 3 delayed to February 2015

CD PROJEKT has made an announcement that it will be delaying The Witcher 3 until February 2015.

Announcement in full:

Ever since we started working on the third installment in The Witcher franchise, it has been our aim to produce a title that would take our 11 years of experience in creating RPGS and distill them into a quintessence, into a game that would effectively crown those years. At the same time, we have wanted The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to expand creative boundaries, set new benchmarks, develop the genre as a whole. Ultimately, you, the players, must get an unforgettable adventure to experience in a vast, open world – and that’s most important. We’ve created a story that flows naturally, cinematically, rendered it in amazing sound and visuals, while preserving full freedom of choice – all for you. We knew this to be an ambitious plan, but believed we could achieve it by bringing together our team with its creative energies and current gaming platforms with their technical capabilities. A project this vast and complex would inevitably require special care in its final stages, manual fine-tuning of many details, thorough testing time and again.

We recently reexamined what we had achieved thus far, and faced a choice about the game’s final release date. The decision we made was difficult, thoroughly considered, and ultimately clear and obvious. We could have released the game towards the end of this year as we had initially planned. Yet we concluded that a few additional months will let us achieve the quality that will satisfy us, the quality gamers expect from us. Consequently, we have set the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for February 2015.

Dear gamers - we know many of you would have liked to play The Witcher 3 sooner, as soon as possible, even. We’re sorry to make you wait longer than you, or we, initially assumed you would. At the same time, we believe the game will prove to be worth the wait and meet the expectations you have of us. We believe The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be an exceptional RPG, one of the best, providing many hours of wonderful entertainment.

Dear shareholders – we are aware of the responsibility that rests with us and thank you for the trust you have granted us thus far. We firmly believe that quality – more than any other factor – determines a game’s success, and that the decision we have made is thus equally valid in business terms.

The Board of CD PROJEKT SA

Link: http://thewitcher.com/news/view/729

I'm sort of not happy and happy about this. I'm not happy about it getting delayed because I WANT IT NOWWWW.
    But I'm happy that the devs really want to perfect the game. If they need more time to make The Witcher 3 into one of the best RPG's ever, then so be it.

Great to hear! Glad to know that there are still developers out there that prioritize quality over a rushed release.

I can't help but feel a bit sad.
    But it's for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    so long as the combat/control/inventory system doesn't suck as much as the Witchers 2's, ill be happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Rather a delayed game then a buggy/messy game
    Next year`s looking good, SOMA & Witcher 3

EDIT: Samorost3 just got announced for 2015 too. I`ll need a walletosectomy at this rate ;p
    Last edited by mmoca2c81d9292; 2014-03-12 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    Rather a delayed game then a buggy/messy game
    Next year`s looking good, SOMA & Witcher 3
    Don't forget Star Citizen, Kingdom Come Deliverance, and possibly ME4!

I wouldn't expect any less from CD Projekt, they know how to get things right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm okay with this. Already so many games coming out this year.

At least they gave an apology + explanation.

A lot more than what Blizzard would give that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

While I'd love to play the game sooner than later, I'd much rather wait and truly enjoy the experience. Good on them for making that tough call.

Tough call, but definitely the right one.
    Better to release later, than to release a buggy mess.

Deleted
    Aw no, I'm very sad, but if it's not ready, it's not ready. I just hope the delay doesn't affect them too badly financially since that's a fair chunk of extra development time to support.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post

You are kidding, right? Blizzard are constantly explaining what's going on!

And CD Projekt Red actually didn't say the whole reason for the deny, just that they want to get it done properly. Exactly what Blizzard does.

I swear, the double standards...

Great god. Since when are developers expected to apologize and explain for a change in plans? In the end these are working people that are bound to the internal schedules and decisions of a company, and you expect them to report to 15 year old kids? Lunacy. A few years ago nobody would have even thought of letting you know anything. And I would've kept it this way to be honest. Way too much community interaction spawns way too many spoiled brats. There's no need and certainly no right for you to know what you're asking for; you can consider yourself lucky they tell you anyway.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Deleted
    You are kidding, right? Blizzard are constantly explaining what's going on!

And CD Projekt Red actually didn't say the whole reason for the deny, just that they want to get it done properly. Exactly what Blizzard does.

I swear, the double standards...
    Not really.

1) You don't pay them monthly sub
    2) They making NEW game. It's not some kind of x-pac made on 15 years old code, but new single player game from scratch
    4) They are nothing compared to Blizzard if you think about resources and money
    5) They will earn money only when game will be released, can't milk few milions of players in between

Quote Originally Posted by drakus View Post
    Not really.

1) You don't pay them monthly sub
    2) They making NEW game. It's not some kind of x-pac made on 15 years old code, but new single player game from scratch
    4) They are nothing compared to Blizzard if you think about resources and money
    5) They will earn money only when game will be released, can't milk few milions of players in between
    /facepalm

Okay, whatever. Hate away. Be my guest.

I know it's selfish of me, but huray! Still haven't finished The Witcher 2. This gives me time to do it. I'm pretty slow when it comes to RPG's.
    Last edited by MrLordDariusCrowley; 2014-03-12 at 09:36 AM.

Entirely subjective. Blizzard would cancel the project if it goes bad. Delays on Diablo III have also been explained in the past. The missing features however, that was far from polite.

Deleted
    /facepalm

Okay, whatever. Hate away. Be my guest.
    hehe, thanks, my point is: if some company can't finish some game like they promise (release time) it's only their problem not players, because they won't make money not players (they will keep money or will play other games), and imo you can't compare some newcomers to one of most famous game developer. Standards are always higher for veterans like Blizz,cus they 'should' be as good as in days of their glory, otherwise they fail

10+ Year Old Account
    I can wait. And TW2 was one of the best, if not the best, single-player RPGs I've played.

but I am both happy and sad now after hearing this.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."