Poll: Should they get Models?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should Chestpieces and Leggings get Models?

Currently, the only pieces of armor that actually have models are helmet, cauldron, gloves, belts, and boots. Everything else is simply as texture ~ Chestpieces, leggings, graders, etc.

Do you think that for a future update, Chestpieces and Leggings should get actual models rather than simply be skins? Those two are the only armor pieces that don't have one (except bracers, which no one sees anyways). It shouldn't be too difficult to give two categories of armor pieces some models.

Edit: blast that damn autocorrect. I meant pauldron, and bracers.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2013-10-12 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Currently, the only pieces of armor that actually have models are helmet, cauldron, gloves, belts, and boots. Everything else is simply as texture ~ Chestpieces, leggings, graders, etc.

Do you think that for a future update, Chestpieces and Leggings should get actual models rather than simply be skins? Those two are the only armor pieces that don't have one (except bracers, which no one sees anyways). It shouldn't be too difficult to give two categories of armor pieces.models.
    The cauldron model needs to be updated as well. Tired of the same old black kettle look.

Yes, I think all armor pieces should actually be models, not just textures. While WoW does look good for it's age, it's 2012+1 and it's time to upgrade some of the gear models.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I agree, but what would you do? Like which bits would be 3D? But yes I do agree. I'm just not sure what you'd make stand out.

Graders and cauldrons?

Yes oh god yes. Maybe it would be more fun getting gear if it didn't look like a 5 year old practiced fingerpainting on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveZombie View Post
    Graders and cauldrons?
    Wondering the same thing. I think he meant Pauldrons, but I have no idea what graders are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely. Those and character models are some of the only things left in modern wow holding I it back from looking modem

Pants already do get different models based on their set. Just look at most plate sets since Wrath, starting with the Death Knight's Darkruned set, as well as some leather and mail sets.

You also have the Ogre Assassin's Britches which has a skirt and wider knee parts.

So yea, chest is the only one left that could use models. Nobody cares about bracers because gloves already take care of the model part there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    Pants already do get different models based on their set. Just look at most plate sets since Wrath, starting with the Death Knight's Darkruned set, as well as some leather and mail sets.

You also have the Ogre Assassin's Britches which has a skirt and wider knee parts.

So yea, chest is the only one left that could use models. Nobody cares about bracers because gloves already take care of the model part there.
    Yeah, every time I log onto GW2 I look at my fancy trench coat back pack or knee length skirt and think "damn, warcraft needs some of that".

It is a trade off for clipping issues though, but damn if it isn't worth it.

Also, their excuse for forcing people to always have visible pauldrons would disappear; just as the pauldrons should.

Graders was probably bracers.

This is like asking a hobo if he wants change.

We already deal with an immersion-crippling amount of texture clipping and non-colliding models in WoW. If they can make it work, great. If my Dwarf's beard just dangles through it, no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is great dont get me wrong I want them to update these. But what about cloaks? I cant be the only one sick and tired of looking at a flapping piece of cardboard every time. Instead of making all the cloaks rectangualur how about they actually have the cloaks wrap around you entire body(excluding the front)

Maybe something like this

Make it happen blizzard. I want an actual cloak not a cardboard cut out.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a matter of if it can be done. It's a matter of when Blizzard realize pasting armor directly onto the skin of a model is as old as their franchise.
    They make excellent armour and they make excellent models. Time to combine the two and make it look like we're actually wearing body plating, long cloaks, puffed robes and so on!

With new character models, there won't be much in the way of excuses other than the age old "time consuming" malarkey they peddle out when players demand answers.
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    It's not a matter of if it can be done. It's a matter of when Blizzard realize pasting armor directly onto the skin of a model is as old as their franchise.
    They make excellent armour and they make excellent models. Time to combine the two and make it look like we're actually wearing body plating, long cloaks, puffed robes and so on!

With new character models, there won't be much in the way of excuses other than the age old "time consuming" malarkey they peddle out when players demand answers.
    no it's a matter of when blizzard stop supporting peoples playing on old systems that can barely handle current graphic with minimal setting, thats the point; there are alot of peoples with really old rigs that play wow i just immagine when inside a raid where every character/armor has the level of detail that lk model posted how much fps they get, probably 1-10 at best if not just freeze out.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    no it's a matter of when blizzard stop supporting peoples playing on old systems that can barely handle current graphic with minimal setting, thats the point; there are alot of peoples with really old rigs that play wow i just immagine when inside a raid where every character/armor has the level of detail that lk model posted how much fps they get, probably 1-10 at best if not just freeze out.
    Simple fix really, those people likely play on low settings. Can simply make the armour revert to a "painted skin" type model on low graphics settings rather than the high res one. No?

Am I swinging into the wind with that? o.O
    Butts.

Simple fix really, those people likely play on low settings. Can simply make the armour revert to a "painted skin" type model on low graphics settings rather than the high res one. No?

Am I swinging into the wind with that? o.O
    Another game updated their player models but left the old ones in game, and each player had the ability to decide which races would render with the updated models, and which would stick with the old (I don't recall whether it was strictly race, or a combination of race and sex). This was over a decade ago. There's no good reason that shouldn't be available in WoW.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

I've been saying that Blizzard needs to work on 3D armor pieces after they do the model updates. I figure they might not want to do it now, because it would create issues when they update the models. Maybe they'd have to do it all over again. It would be timed well as an update after the model updates.

Though, we also need more gauntlet and boot geosets along with that. Also more cloak/cape geosets.

Actually, Blizzard works a lot with geosets. The gloves, pants (if WoTLK plate model), belts (if wresting belt model) and boots are all just geosets over which they paste the textures. They could always add new geosets for low level armor, 90+ green/uncommon and rare/blue armor and then for tier and PvP armor, they could make totally unique models like they do for the armor pieces, shoulder pieces and now the belt (buckle) pieces.