Thread: Pet issues

Pet issues

Has anyone had issues with your pet where it randomly stops attacking and stands next to you making sounds like its trying to go but can't (almost as if it's stuck). I have to press the attack button (on pet bar) to send it in to attack. I have pet attack macro'd into most of my shots and it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas?

I've noticed that happening due to some quirky LoS issues, especially in fights like Spoils. But having /petpassive, /petattack macroed on a couple keys should solve it. That's also the solution when your pet inevitably gets stuck in a box on Spoils.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I've noticed that happening due to some quirky LoS issues, especially in fights like Spoils. But having /petpassive, /petattack macroed on a couple keys should solve it. That's also the solution when your pet inevitably gets stuck in a box on Spoils.
    Moin moin,

For Spoils i normaly do my pet on Assist....but i have only petatack macro on SS...on the start i got it also on AS but i hate it when i just want to switch for a add that the pet just run to the add....when i need more dmg it will get SS so its fine...

Your,
    Holy

PS: and yes my pet also do strengt stuff atm

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had this particular problem. I've only had issues with Blink Strikes on Immerseus and my pet occasionally disappearing on Thok. The problem you're having sounds like a pet stance issue, where you have it on Passive and the target you assigned it to dies. Until you assign it to something else or put it on Assist, it's just going to stand idle.

I've never had pet issues on any encounters other than what I've already mentioned.

Deleted
    Always happens to me after you exit the Garrosh intermissions.

Lots of bugs in 5.4 with Pets. I've had a bug fighting Immerseus that has despawning my pet entirely. More than once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    Lots of bugs in 5.4 with Pets. I've had a bug fighting Immerseus that has despawning my pet entirely. More than once.
    This!!!!

/10char

I have noticed bugs on 3 bosses only.
    Immerseus - if you use blink strike - pet simply despawn due to range.
    Iron juggernaut - pet pathing problems - pet can run all around the place and just despawn randomly (he also despawn when boss using shock pulse, but its okay)
    Garrosh - pet never attack boss after intermission - thats not a big deal, but still sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Naggash View Post
    Course, if you swap out for AMoC, on heroic it'll keep stacking the debuff on you and you'll die !

Just whack boss from behind, pet doesn't despawn that way. And keybind "call pet" of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Naggash View Post
    It's not an issue with blink strike specifically but range, as you said. Stand a bit closer to immerseus and it won't despawn. Similarly, pets can also despawn on Thok depending on how your guild (and you as a hunter) handle the kiting phases. Clipping boxes and getting stuck in them on spoils is quite common as well.

Also, on blackfuse pets seem to be lagging behind a bit if you're on the belt. I haven't bothered checking whether or not they're unable to attack the weapons since it really doesn't make a difference to me - I'll still have to be on the belt. I would however recommend switching to fervor from dire beast if you're using it, just in case.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa