Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydene View Post
    Yes, you will no longer be able to obtain the Obsidian Nightwing if the Emerald Hippogryph is the new RaF mount (which is looks like it will be)

    "Friends In Places Even Higher Than That (New) Obtain an Emerald Hippogryph mount through the Recruit-a-Friend program. Account Wide."
    They're changing the RaF system so instead of going to the website to claim the current mount you're given a token ingame that you can exchange for any of the past RaF mounts or a pet at a vendor.

  2. #22
    Have an unclaimed RAF mount, Score!

  3. #23
    Stood in the Fire ZaneBusby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    473
    I love the bug with the Model Viewer if you view a mount in it first, then close the model viewer and view something else (non-mount). (View the Emerald Hippogryph > close model viewer > view Bernard). You're able to use the dropdown menu for "Rider Model" and click the button that says "View on mount". Unless the bug in question also upscales the models to be appropriate to rider models, then Bernard is going to be a HUGE battle pet. I think it'd make for a fucking awesome mount, though, aside from the slight clipping issue of the kegs on his sides / the legs of the riders.

    http://i.imgur.com/KM6lpki.png
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2013-10-12 at 05:38 AM.

  4. #24
    Bloodsail Admiral orangelemonrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,207
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    I love the bug with the Model Viewer if you view a mount in it first, then close the model viewer and view something else (non-mount). (View the Emerald Hippogryph > close model viewer > view Bernard). You're able to use the dropdown menu for "Rider Model" and click the button that says "View on mount". Unless the bug in question also upscales the models to be appropriate to rider models, then Bernard is going to be a HUGE battle pet. I think it'd make for a fucking awesome mount, though, aside from the slight clipping issue of the kegs on his sides / the legs of the riders.

    http://i.imgur.com/KM6lpki.png
    aha thats awesome! Heck i'd even buy that mount if it was a mount.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkrind View Post
    Read it again! You get to choose now which RAF mount you want, presumably going back to the zebra. Which really just means "we are desperate enough to get you to invite 5 friends that you get a mount for each friend now instead of just the one since they're account-wide now".

    It was a blue tweet a few days ago also I think.

    You think... and you don't have a link to the blue post...

  6. #26
    cmon blizz !! 2H swords, axes, maces <=> polearms transmo

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    You think... and you don't have a link to the blue post...
    Patch 5.4 round table. News from 8th October here on MMO-Champion.

  8. #28
    Over 9000! Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,902
    All this RAF stuff makes me depressed since my country doesn't allow these things.

  9. #29
    Yeah, everybody knew that that Hippogryph will be for RAF/from store. It wasn't proto-drake reskin, only those are obtainable in-game.
    Ponies are for little girls, deal with it.

  10. #30
    The Patient Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    So uh.. What's being given for the milestone of 10years?
    The same letter we got on last two years.

    "As the Cataclysm ravages the world..."
    3DS FC: 3797-6941-2837
    Member of the Elite Four in the MMO-Champion Pokémon League.

    My deviantART | My comics

  11. #31
    Pit Lord Strafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,285
    Aaaw, what a cute Bernard.

  12. #32
    Herald of the Titans Wishblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Here, There and Everywhere
    Posts
    2,548
    Have been tempted to RAF with myself at times... Too bad it's not available in Denmark, unless that changes in the near future... *shrug* Whatever, I'll get my 200th mount in the next expansion I bet.
    "Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Draenor EU

  13. #33
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dubbo, NSW
    Posts
    330
    Any chance that, in this PTR build, that the NPC who gives out Raid/Valor/Conquest gear for gold will be up? I'd like to test out a Prot Pally tank that I'm leveling on Live. See what it's like playing a max-level high-geared one.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Yeah, everybody knew that that Hippogryph will be for RAF/from store. It wasn't proto-drake reskin, only those are obtainable in-game.
    The hippogryph is a reskin of a mount obtainable in game...

  15. #35
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    508
    Time to spam RaF invites to all friends that will come back to pick up heartstone.

  16. #36
    Mechagnome Wayne25uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maltby,Rotherham
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinouga View Post
    Have an unclaimed RAF mount, Score!
    FML!! I just claimed another ghost gryphon that i had to get rid of due to having one already just last week :'( i hate blizz

  17. #37
    Moderator Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    4,488
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    Any chance that, in this PTR build, that the NPC who gives out Raid/Valor/Conquest gear for gold will be up? I'd like to test out a Prot Pally tank that I'm leveling on Live. See what it's like playing a max-level high-geared one.
    He should be on the PTR already. There's the Grevious Flaskataur who gives out the PVP gear right in the shrine and I think the Raid one is over in Townlong Steppes, I know he's somewhere because on the PTR I gave my premade T16 gear.

    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Twitch Stream | Wayniac#1291


  18. #38
    Stood in the Fire ZaneBusby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    FML!! I just claimed another ghost gryphon that i had to get rid of due to having one already just last week :'( i hate blizz
    Ghost Gryphon is SoR not RaF. It's RaF getting the update in 5.4.1, not SoR. SoR just had a somewhat recent update, they won't be touching it for a little while now.

  19. #39
    Guess I am doing RaF again! And I have a mighty need for that St. Bernard pet, wow.

  20. #40
    Stood in the Fire stuartj1992's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland. It's got a castle and stuff.
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The hippogryph is a reskin of a mount obtainable in game...
    Learn your fucking terminology. It's not a reskin - reskin just means that the texture has been changed. Ie. a standard blue drake could be said to be a reskin of a standard red drake etc etc.

    This is a new model. If anything in the shape of the model changes, then it's a new model. And this is quite different in shape in various areas to the regular hippogryphs.

    I can't stand it when people just scream "reskin" without having a bloody clue what they're talking about.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •