Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner

Hyppogryph new model and faerie dragon mount, what is blizzard trying to tell us?

I apologize for my english not my first language

The Hippogryph is just another reskin. The faerie dragon i'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's from the 10 year anniversary. They're just giving night elves some love mountwise anyway!

Forget those mounts! MUST. HAVE. SAINT. BERNARD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

- Manakin.

Emerald Hippogryph was just confirmed to be a new Recruit-a-Friend reward.

Friends In Places Even Higher Than That (New) Obtain an Emerald Hippogryph mount through the Recruit-a-Friend program. Account Wide.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash
    I want to put Beastslaying on Val'Anyr and AFK in Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCharabini View Post
    Emerald Hippogryph was just confirmed to be a new Recruit-a-Friend reward.
    Not even just, that was like an hour ago.

It means nothing, it's just a fancy mount with a model you don't see players riding that often (flight paths aside) to give to recruiters as part of the new RAF2.0.
    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

Derinii - Wyrmrest Accord | Pridistia - Wyrmrest Accord (going to faction change)

To be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if the Faerie Dragon was the 10th anniversary mount.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

It's a fair assumption that Faerie Dragon be the 10th anniversary mount.

But 10th anniversary is 13 months from present. I think blizzard can cook something else. It's not something of high priority as for now.

I'm just gonna say what everyone either a) expecting to hear in this thread or b) is thinking.

Emerald Dream Confirmed.

What Blizzard is telling me:

"We gonna sucker you in into spending lots of money"

Quote Originally Posted by Ozoseph View Post
    The Hippogryph is just another reskin.
    That is NOT a reskin.
    I can see what you see not - vision milky then eyes rot. When you turn, they will be gone - whispering their hidden song...

>emerald in it's name

it's coming. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    The short answer is nope, the long answer is noooooooooooooooope.

Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    The Hippogryph is going to be a store mount going by the patch strings.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

Maybe the next expansion is about the Emerald dream - both mounts would fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    That is NOT a reskin.

Exactly. Anyone who calls it a reskin is just.. ha-ha-ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    The Hippogryph is going to be a store mount going by the patch strings.
    Someone didn't look at the front page x)
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    That is NOT a reskin.
    But it's recyling of old content and just a reskin deluxe.

Same model, same skeleton, other skin -> reskin
    Example:
    vs.

Same model with some extra polygon details, same skeleton, other skin -> reskin deluxe
    Examples:

New model, same skeleton, other skin -> low efford new
    Example:
    vs.

Different Model, different skeleton, different skin -> really new
    Examples:

(with WotlK)
    Last edited by Kryos; 2013-10-12 at 11:03 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by otarma View Post
    It's a fair assumption that Faerie Dragon be the 10th anniversary mount.

But 10th anniversary is 13 months from present. I think blizzard can cook something else. It's not something of high priority as for now.
    It'd be cool if that mount was from the 10th anniversary. Celebrate 10 years of World of Wacraft and 20 of the Warcraft franchise in style by giving us a mount instead of the ol' celebration package.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    But it's recyling of old content and just a reskin deluxe.

Same model, same skeleton, other skin -> reskin
    Example:
    vs.

Same model with some extra polygon details, same skeleton, other skin -> reskin deluxe
    Examples:

New model, same skeleton, other skin -> low efford new
    Example:
    vs.

Different Model, different skeleton, different skin -> really new
    Examples:

(with WotlK)

What you call a 'reskin deluxe' is a remodel. And what you call a reskin is a recolor.

Recolor = same skeleton, same model, even the same textures but just a palette swap.
    Reskin = same skeleton, same model, but different textures. Say, an eye has a different shape.
    Remodel = silhouette change. Different beak, different wings, added 3D feathers (like the Hippogryph)
    Completely new = built from the ground up. Skeleton, model, texture, everything. Building new models becomes redundant after some time, because there is no use in giving, say, a cat and a tiger a hugely different and unique skeleton because their posture is mostly the same.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2013-10-12 at 11:46 AM.
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    What you call a 'reskin deluxe' is a remodel. And what you call a reskin is a recolor.

Recolor = same skeleton, same model, even the same textures but just a palette swap.
    Reskin = same skeleton, same model, but different textures. Say, an eye has a different shape.
    Remodel = silhouette change. Different beak, different wings, added 3D feathers (like the Hippogryph)
    Completely new = built from the ground up. Skeleton, model, texture, everything. Building new models becomes redundant after some time, because there is no use in giving, say, a cat and a tiger a hugely different and unique skeleton because their posture is mostly the same.
    Remodel = different skeleton, and those examples have the same skeleton so it's a reskin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Remodel = different skeleton, and those examples have the same skeleton so it's a reskin.

............. I'll let this do the talking for me..