Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    mexico
    Posts
    2

    Hyppogryph new model and faerie dragon mount, what is blizzard trying to tell us?

    I apologize for my english not my first language

  2. #2
    The Hippogryph is just another reskin. The faerie dragon i'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's from the 10 year anniversary. They're just giving night elves some love mountwise anyway!

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Humbugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    4,733
    Forget those mounts! MUST. HAVE. SAINT. BERNARD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

    - Manakin.

  4. #4
    Emerald Hippogryph was just confirmed to be a new Recruit-a-Friend reward.

    Friends In Places Even Higher Than That (New) Obtain an Emerald Hippogryph mount through the Recruit-a-Friend program. Account Wide.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash
    I want to put Beastslaying on Val'Anyr and AFK in Dalaran.

  5. #5
    The Unstoppable Force Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    22,982
    Quote Originally Posted by BobCharabini View Post
    Emerald Hippogryph was just confirmed to be a new Recruit-a-Friend reward.
    Not even just, that was like an hour ago.

    It means nothing, it's just a fancy mount with a model you don't see players riding that often (flight paths aside) to give to recruiters as part of the new RAF2.0.
    As long as players are happy and enjoy the game, the team doesn't mind extreme peaks and valleys. They just want to ensure you have a great experience and feel like you got your money's worth.
    If you truly believe that, Blizzard, show me you mean it. Because WoD didn't show me.

  6. #6
    To be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if the Faerie Dragon was the 10th anniversary mount.

  7. #7
    It's a fair assumption that Faerie Dragon be the 10th anniversary mount.

    But 10th anniversary is 13 months from present. I think blizzard can cook something else. It's not something of high priority as for now.

  8. #8
    I'm just gonna say what everyone either a) expecting to hear in this thread or b) is thinking.

    Emerald Dream Confirmed.

  9. #9
    What Blizzard is telling me:

    "We gonna sucker you in into spending lots of money"

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozoseph View Post
    The Hippogryph is just another reskin.
    That is NOT a reskin.
    I can see what you see not - vision milky then eyes rot. When you turn, they will be gone - whispering their hidden song...

  11. #11
    >emerald in it's name

    it's coming. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    The short answer is nope, the long answer is noooooooooooooooope.

  12. #12
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,938
    The Hippogryph is going to be a store mount going by the patch strings.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer - Nightblade - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  13. #13
    Maybe the next expansion is about the Emerald dream - both mounts would fit.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Lore - Community Manager: "I just also know that it's better to not expect much and be pleasantly surprised, than to feel like a promise was broken."
    Blizzards new slogan: Don't expect much

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    That is NOT a reskin.

    Exactly. Anyone who calls it a reskin is just.. ha-ha-ha.

  15. #15
    I am Murloc! Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    5,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    The Hippogryph is going to be a store mount going by the patch strings.
    Someone didn't look at the front page x)
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    World of Warcraft is the best game ever made and #1 MMORPG there is.
    Blizzard is the best game company there is.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    That is NOT a reskin.
    But it's recyling of old content and just a reskin deluxe.

    Same model, same skeleton, other skin -> reskin
    Example:
    vs.

    Same model with some extra polygon details, same skeleton, other skin -> reskin deluxe
    Examples:



    New model, same skeleton, other skin -> low efford new
    Example:
    vs.

    Different Model, different skeleton, different skin -> really new
    Examples:

    (with WotlK)
    Last edited by Kryos; 2013-10-12 at 11:03 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Lore - Community Manager: "I just also know that it's better to not expect much and be pleasantly surprised, than to feel like a promise was broken."
    Blizzards new slogan: Don't expect much

  17. #17
    Brewmaster The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Camping around Gorgrond
    Posts
    1,449
    Quote Originally Posted by otarma View Post
    It's a fair assumption that Faerie Dragon be the 10th anniversary mount.

    But 10th anniversary is 13 months from present. I think blizzard can cook something else. It's not something of high priority as for now.
    It'd be cool if that mount was from the 10th anniversary. Celebrate 10 years of World of Wacraft and 20 of the Warcraft franchise in style by giving us a mount instead of the ol' celebration package.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    But it's recyling of old content and just a reskin deluxe.

    Same model, same skeleton, other skin -> reskin
    Example:
    vs.

    Same model with some extra polygon details, same skeleton, other skin -> reskin deluxe
    Examples:



    New model, same skeleton, other skin -> low efford new
    Example:
    vs.

    Different Model, different skeleton, different skin -> really new
    Examples:

    (with WotlK)


    What you call a 'reskin deluxe' is a remodel. And what you call a reskin is a recolor.


    Recolor = same skeleton, same model, even the same textures but just a palette swap.
    Reskin = same skeleton, same model, but different textures. Say, an eye has a different shape.
    Remodel = silhouette change. Different beak, different wings, added 3D feathers (like the Hippogryph)
    Completely new = built from the ground up. Skeleton, model, texture, everything. Building new models becomes redundant after some time, because there is no use in giving, say, a cat and a tiger a hugely different and unique skeleton because their posture is mostly the same.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2013-10-12 at 11:46 AM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    What you call a 'reskin deluxe' is a remodel. And what you call a reskin is a recolor.


    Recolor = same skeleton, same model, even the same textures but just a palette swap.
    Reskin = same skeleton, same model, but different textures. Say, an eye has a different shape.
    Remodel = silhouette change. Different beak, different wings, added 3D feathers (like the Hippogryph)
    Completely new = built from the ground up. Skeleton, model, texture, everything. Building new models becomes redundant after some time, because there is no use in giving, say, a cat and a tiger a hugely different and unique skeleton because their posture is mostly the same.
    Remodel = different skeleton, and those examples have the same skeleton so it's a reskin.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Remodel = different skeleton, and those examples have the same skeleton so it's a reskin.


    ............. I'll let this do the talking for me..



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •