View Poll Results: Who do you side with in the Ashenvale conflict?

Voters
361. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kaldorei(Night elves)

    250 69.25%
  • Orcs

    74 20.50%
  • Who cares?

    37 10.25%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Scarab Lord Jaxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yogurt.
    Posts
    4,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I don't see how anyone could logically say "yes, orcs were in the right to invade the sacred land of the night elves to cut down their trees without proper provocation" and keep a straight face. Except maybe 'he who shall not be named'.
    Because it's a game, and we like war? People, this isn't real life. We don't need a UN mandate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I didn't see their name on it.
    Or is that hidden underneath the pile of Night Elf-corpses?

    Why not? It has a access to water and a defenceless forest that they can use.


    Or the fact that the night elves had been inhabiting that for centuries now? Orcs are alien invaders. Imagine if earth was invaded and plundered for its resources. Would you still say 'the aliens are right. We should not have attacked them back! WE HAD NO CLAIM TO THESE RESOURCES!"?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Because it's a game, and we like war? People, this isn't real life. We don't need a UN mandate.

    You can still apply morals and right/wrong to a game and its lore/storyline. This game is all about that. I don't see what you are doing here if you are incapable of immersing yourself enough to join this discussion the way it was intended, why join at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  3. #43
    Scarab Lord Jaxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yogurt.
    Posts
    4,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You can still apply morals and right/wrong to a game and its lore/storyline. This game is all about that. I don't see what you are doing here if you are incapable of immersing yourself enough to join this discussion the way it was intended, why join at all?
    If you're bringing real life morals into this game, I think you're bonkers. We're not talking about a game that revolves around diplomacy, we're talking about a game that makes any excuse it can to continue conflict. As it should be. But, if you insist, I'll side with the Orcs because the Night Elves initiated combat first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

  4. #44
    Pit Lord Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Right on your throat
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And those are the same orcs that invaded and started cutting down trees. What if someone walks into your home and starts grabbing your stuff? "Sorry. I didn't know there was someone living here."


    Would you be like: "Oh, okay dude. No problem man."?
    Nope, but I wouldn't take a gun and shot his head either, which is what the night elves metaphorically did.
    Darkspear never die.

    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Stop the crazy semi-RP nonsense, and get some fresh air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The Sha of Pride would be the strongest entity in the universe if he had a link with the WoW forums...

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And those are the same orcs that invaded and started cutting down trees. What if someone walks into your home and starts grabbing your stuff? "Sorry. I didn't know there was someone living here."


    Would you be like: "Oh, okay dude. No problem man."?
    The basic idea of this conflict reminds me why the plot of Avatar is pretty much the worst thing ever (even tho the movie is amazing thanks to its graphics and effects).

    A clash of two cultures. One can easily learn from the other, one has needs for a thing that the other possesses, and it's quite clear that both have quite strong military. Even tho, both sides REFUSE to even attempt any sort of diplomatic resolution. Because one side is obviously right, and the other side is obviously wrong. Why would you start talking in such a situation.

    How is this done in a video game? Both sides have their rights and wrongs, both attempt to pursue their needs. Orcs obviously need lumber, and are right that from their perspective, Night Elves are wasting it. Night Elves have a strong connection to those trees and are strictly territorial. Both in some cases attempt to talk about the problem a few times in between the fights. Yep, an old video game tackled a problem in a way more mature way than a recent top grossing movie.

    Anyway, I'm with the Orcs on this one. Night Elves point sounds like some activists rambling about things they do not understand anyway, and Orcs, well, they sure have rights to burn and conquer. And well, wood would be usefull as well.

  6. #46
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Or the fact that the night elves had been inhabiting that for centuries now? Orcs are alien invaders. Imagine if earth was invaded and plundered for its resources. Would you still say 'the aliens are right. We should not have attacked them back! WE HAD NO CLAIM TO THESE RESOURCES!"?
    Imagine that aliens invade the USA. Not because they want to, but because demons control them.
    They fight, they lose, they get locked up in camps.
    Some escape and build a resistance while trying to build a life without demonic influence.
    But then the president's son comes back from Canada, kills everyone in the northern States and resurrects them as zombies.
    Luckily those 'aliens' have managed to escape and came to Europe.

    No, I would not kill them for hacking down trees.

  7. #47
    For the Horde! ...Ashenvale is ancestral forest for Night Elves. Orcs are new settlers and barrens are not really rich on wood so it's their best option.

    So im siding with Elves, "This lands belonged to our people for centuries, You have no place in here." ....Also FOR THE HORDE!
    Main: Wildmax, Drak'thul - Moonkin, Hardcore raider.
    Got 10x lvl 85 on Drak'thul server and 3 another lvl 85 on different servers and bunch of 10-84 alts.
    Hello no-life.

  8. #48
    Thrall's peacenik routine was always a joke from day one onward. Orcs invading Ashenvale to plunder natural resources, Sylvanas plaguing whoever she wanted and using prisoners for horrible experiments, but we still get years worth of "OH WHY CAN'T THE ALLIANCE SEE THAT WE JUST WANT PEEEACE?"

  9. #49
    Herald of the Titans Tzalix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Or the fact that the night elves had been inhabiting that for centuries now? Orcs are alien invaders. Imagine if earth was invaded and plundered for its resources. Would you still say 'the aliens are right. We should not have attacked them back! WE HAD NO CLAIM TO THESE RESOURCES!"?
    They didn't know elves inhabited Ashenvale when they first marched in there, you know. From their perspective it was just a forest like any other. And when they waltzed in and started chopping away, the elves didn't give them any warning either, just went ahead and attacked them.

    Heck, Grom even tried explaining the situation to Cenarius but he refused to listen.
    I really like christmas. It's sentimental, I know... But I just really like it.

  10. #50
    Pit Lord Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Right on your throat
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead_MAX View Post
    For the Horde! ...Ashenvale is ancestral forest for Night Elves. Orcs are new settlers and barrens are not really rich on wood so it's their best option.

    So im siding with Elves, "This lands belonged to our people for centuries, You have no place in here." ....Also FOR THE HORDE!
    .....

    There is someting absolutely wrong about this post.

    lol
    Darkspear never die.

    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Stop the crazy semi-RP nonsense, and get some fresh air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The Sha of Pride would be the strongest entity in the universe if he had a link with the WoW forums...

  11. #51
    Bloodsail Admiral Ironjaws-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    A forest in Sweden
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    They didn't know elves inhabited Ashenvale when they first marched in there, you know. From their perspective it was just a forest like any other. And when they waltzed in and started chopping away, the elves didn't give them any warning either, just went ahead and attacked them.

    Heck, Grom even tried explaining the situation to Cenarius but he refused to listen.
    Well, honestly, I think most people and races would done as the nelves did. Just attack without warning when they see a threat appear at their border. Even more if its an alien species you never seen before (not sure if the nelves seen orcs before that, except a few?) that start to chop down their ancient forest.

    And Grom? Wasn't he more like, chopping down nelves left and right? I don't think Cenarius wouldn't listen to a guy with an axe stained of his people blood and such.

  12. #52
    It's basically like asking if you want to see Ashenvale destroyed by the orcs, or preserved.

  13. #53
    Could everyone stop with the retarded "break into your house" argument, the orcs had no reason to think anyone lived in those forests. This isnt like someone breaking into your house and taking your stuff, its more like a group of refuges finding and abandoned building and seeing if they can strip it for resources. The night elves attacked first without warning and made no attempt to communicate to the orcs.

    Now would things be different if they did? Probably not, Grom was never a diplomat, maybe if thrall was there.

    As for settling in a desert, thrall did so specifically as penance for the crimes of the orcs in the first and second war, and where else would they settle? the barrens or some other arid wasteland? all the good land on Kalimdor belongs the nightelves anway, would end up with the same conflict. The night elves do not even use most of the land.

    The orcs certainly had a right to acquire the wood their people needed for homes.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    Could everyone stop with the retarded "break into your house" argument, the orcs had no reason to think anyone lived in those forests. This isnt like someone breaking into your house and taking your stuff, its more like a group of refuges finding and abandoned building and seeing if they can strip it for resources. The night elves attacked first without warning and made no attempt to communicate to the orcs.

    Now would things be different if they did? Probably not, Grom was never a diplomat, maybe if thrall was there.

    As for settling in a desert, thrall did so specifically as penance for the crimes of the orcs in the first and second war, and where else would they settle? the barrens or some other arid wasteland? all the good land on Kalimdor belongs the nightelves anway, would end up with the same conflict. The night elves do not even use most of the land.

    The orcs certainly had a right to acquire the wood their people needed for homes.

    "Hey, a beautiful, thriving forest with settlements, homes and indications of life. I'm sure that's deserted right!"
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  15. #55
    Jobs done!

  16. #56
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    13,266
    Night elves have always had the stronger case in Ashenvale.

    Somewhat balanced by the Frostwolves having a stronger case in Alterac.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Night elves have always had the stronger case in Ashenvale.

    Somewhat balanced by the Frostwolves having a stronger case in Alterac.


    Fully agreed. Used to be ish-ish on the Frostwolves, but no longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  18. #58
    What settlements? did you actually play the mission? or even go to Ashenvale during vanilla?

    There were no signs of civilization beyond some ancient ruins, the remains of their Highbourne society from 10000 years ago. No signs, nothing. There was nothing to suggest to the orcs that the land belonged to anyone.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    Could everyone stop with the retarded "break into your house" argument, the orcs had no reason to think anyone lived in those forests. This isnt like someone breaking into your house and taking your stuff, its more like a group of refuges finding and abandoned building and seeing if they can strip it for resources. The night elves attacked first without warning and made no attempt to communicate to the orcs.

    Now would things be different if they did? Probably not, Grom was never a diplomat, maybe if thrall was there.

    As for settling in a desert, thrall did so specifically as penance for the crimes of the orcs in the first and second war, and where else would they settle? the barrens or some other arid wasteland? all the good land on Kalimdor belongs the nightelves anway, would end up with the same conflict. The night elves do not even use most of the land.

    The orcs certainly had a right to acquire the wood their people needed for homes.
    there is no reason to stop that argument since it is true. But so you say because the orcs had to reason to think anyone lived there it is just okay to find a abandon house that turned out to be a church(since Ashenvale is still a religies place) THE NIGHT elf did not attack first, play god damn warcraft 3 first. Answer me this, Where the orcs attacked in ashenvale? yes, what where they doing? ripping down trees that means a lot to night elfs.

    And YES Thrall said he wanted to build ogrimmar in durator as penance, IT IS NOT much of a penance for old crimes to start chupping down sacres tress and then killing the defenders of the tress. The night elves to not use all their land no, but Ashenvale belonged to the elves, the orcs had to right to acquire the wood without asking. All go back to IT is not a penance if you start to murder in order to get your way
    (i am 20 and dyslexic so yes i suck at spelling)

  20. #60
    man id side with the orcs....

    same shit goes here again, what is good and what is evil? In their eyes, maybe they are trying to feed their pixel families bla bla so they need the wood for say, cooking and shelter/heat cuz you know,it gets very cold in the desert...so by their standards this is considered good cuz by the lore orcs are dying out bla bla bla

    in the nelf eyes they see it as evil by cutting down their forest....well, new trees will regrow you know if you plant them so they shouldn't get upset

    again maybe the orcs can put that stuff to a better use, you know like build machinery and stuff...like the white settlers in 1600s , the Indians didn't use all that timber it was just growing there doing nothing but the settlers made a bunch of furniture, arms, tools ,housing etc from that wood.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •