Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

How about a level squish in addition to item squish?

The item squish will present all kinds of problems related to instance and character scaling and old content. The level numbers also keep increasing and at this rate we'll soon have 150 levels which might sound overwhelming to new players.

How would you feel if Blizzard did a squish on levels. All players would be rolled to level 50 (with relative strength to the mobs remaining) and the new leveling would be:

1 - 30 Kalimdor / Eastern Kingdolms
    30 - 35 Outland
    35 - 40 Northrend
    40 - 45 Cataclysm
    45 - 50 Pandaria
    50 - 60 Next expansion

This is just an idea, but I think at some point something like this might be implemented. Does it sound like a ridiculous idea?

I have a hard time believing a level squish would work, and if you squished experience there's no point to doing a level squish. If you don't squish experience, you've made leveling even more of a joke.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was recently discussed:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2-Level-squish

I don't think this should be done, although it makes it easier to get a reward when you get a level.

Level squish sounds really bad. It just doesn't sound right to do.
    I leveled my toons to 90 for what? Just to get set back to 50? Doesn't make sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Level squish sounds really bad. It just doesn't sound right to do.
    I leveled my toons to 90 for what? Just to get set back to 50? Doesn't make sense at all.
    What difference does it make? When the next expansion comes you would still be X levels from the cap.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Item Squish is retarded enough..
    Level Squish would kill the game completely...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    What difference does it make? When the next expansion comes you would still be X levels from the cap.
    Psychological difference. To use a real-world example: let's say your salary at work was cut by 50%, but you still have the same amount of buying power (prices got cut by 50% too, or you moved out of Washington, DC). Wouldn't it still bug you that you're not making as much money as you used to?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    If it doesn'tmake a difference then there is no point in doing it. Item squish will work just fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Psychological difference. To use a real-world example: let's say your salary at work was cut by 50%, but you still have the same amount of buying power (prices got cut by 50% too, or you moved out of Washington, DC). Wouldn't it still bug you that you're not making as much money as you used to?
    No. In a way many european countries did have a currency squish when they changed to use Euro

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Item Squish is not retarded by itself. However i do agree with Level squish.

The item levels grew to damn fast over due time/expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

What they could do is what they did in Flyff (an F2P grindfest MMO). You hit max level (120), then you do a quest to become a Master and you restart the levelling process by gaining Master Levels (from 60). A bit like rebirth systems from other MMOs. It would be a bit more interesting than just having a level squish IMO.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Kill the game completely lol, get over yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyGnome View Post
    No. In a way many european countries did have a currency squish when they changed to use Euro
    The currency change actually helps the psychology. It's when the currency doesn't change that people have an issue with it.

To use an in-game example: let's say that they removed levels and replaced it with stepping-stone talents/abilities (after X experience, you get to choose a talent, glyph slot, or ability, up to a maximum of 50 total). Because the system changed, you're not as psychologically impacted by the squish.

That said, you may have different issues with the system changing, which many European people did (and still do).

Deleted
    I don't see the point in the item squish, let alone a level one.

Deleted
    Yeah, something a lot of people didn't like. Older people here in Holland still tend to think in our previous currency, and businesses used it to screw people over.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    I don't see the point in the item squish, let alone a level one.
    Game broke on Ra-den due to numbers. There's a system issue.

My country went through it... everything was divided by 2.2. Within 1 year all prices where multiplied by 2.2.... just to have the same numbers again.
    So, no it doesn't work that way.

Care to actually make this an evaluation, by using evidence and backing your comments up, or is this just going to be another comment without any foundation?

I wouldn't like a Level Squish, but I do (as a Programmer) support the Item Squish. As a player, I don't mind too much either way regarding the Item Squish, but I do prefer smaller numbers such as 24,573 rather then 382,272.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GameFreakRPG View Post
    Yeah, something a lot of people didn't like. Older people here in Holland still tend to think in our previous currency, and businesses used it to screw people over.
    Well some people have harder time to adjust and I suppose it's same thing with the level squish. Others are just more bothered by absolute numbers changing. Businesses screwing people over is other thing though. The buying power didn't indeed stay the same in lots of cases here in Finland either.