View Poll Results: Who do you side with in the Ashenvale conflict?

Voters
361. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kaldorei(Night elves)

    250 69.25%
  • Orcs

    74 20.50%
  • Who cares?

    37 10.25%
Page 1 of 8
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    High Overlord Xarnius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    100

    Question Ashenvale Conflict - Who do you side with?

    I just thought I'd see if anyone actually side with the orcs. Personally I side with the Kaldorei. Why? Because it is their land, and they're there to protect it, not to destroy it.
    Last edited by Xarnius; 2013-10-12 at 01:40 PM.

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans Duridi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Teldrassil
    Posts
    2,639
    Obviously the nightelves!

    But that's 'cause I am alliance, nightelf and it was my first favourite zone.

  3. #3
    Pandaren Monk 1ns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    tdb
    Posts
    1,987
    Don't think most horde would even support the orcs there. They are just ruining the environment basically.
    There is no such thing as "ability bloat" just l2fp.

  4. #4
    Brewmaster Azahel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Moon Guard
    Posts
    1,271
    For the Alliance! For the Kaldorei!

    "Posting impassionately, they say you don't care. Posting nothing, they say you ignore. Posting with passion, you incite trolls. Posting fluff, you say nonsense. Post with what facts you have, they whittle down with rationale.
    There is no win, there is only slow degradation." Tseric and the truth about WoW community.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    I just thought I'd see if anyone actually side with the orcs.
    I'm sure Trassk does.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

  6. #6
    Night Elves, I want to see the Night Elves show some guts again and Tyrande to go back to her "They're messing with our property? Slay them all!" attitude
    Last edited by Gnasnimadan; 2013-10-12 at 02:44 PM.
    Your post doesn't deserve a slot in my thread! But it would make the perfect coaster for my drink!

  7. #7
    I'm shocked that "Who cares" isn't leading right now (at the time of this post) knowing how little many people seem to care about the lore of the game.

    But yes, the night elves shouldn't even be allowing the goblins and orcs to have azshara, but considering the deforestation, mountain carving, land-exploding, and general destruction of the land so far, the elves probably don't want anything to do with the scraps.

    I just wish that, especially with this conflict, Blizzard would be willing to do even a minute bit of phasing to accommodate for the lore events, rather than choosing the gameplay cop-out.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

  8. #8
    High Overlord Dawnseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    196
    Even as a hordie I'd say the nightelves have a more legit claim to the land, there are better ways for orgrimmar / the horde to get lumber, nelves have been using druidic magics to cause trees to grow very quickly into desired shapes for thousands of years, make some kind of deal.
    ~ R/H Pally ~ WW/MW Monk ~ Des/Dem Lock
    ~ R/F Druid ~ Enh/R Sham ~ S/H Priest ~ Fi/Fr Mage ~ A/S Rg ~ Fr/B DK ~ A/Pr Warr ~ M/B Hntr

    ~ H/R Pally ~ F/G Druid ~ Arc Mage ~ Sv Hunter ~ Fr DK

  9. #9
    I am Murloc! Rixis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    5,214
    I'm a druid, gogo night elves.

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans Abstieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,857
    Resources are necessary for a burgeoning society.

  11. #11
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,070
    I voted Orcs, because I am in the Horde.
    They don't want to destroy it, they want to gather resources. I think that is a valid reason to take it over.

  12. #12
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I voted Orcs, because I am in the Horde.
    They don't want to destroy it, they want to gather resources. I think that is a valid reason to take it over.
    Still means they are destroying a beautiful land.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

  13. #13
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Still means they are destroying a beautiful land.
    I'm sure that more forest got destroyed for the creation of your computer :P

    They need that wood, so it's not really a bad thing to "destroy" the forest.

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire reffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Katowice, Upper Silesia
    Posts
    350
    As a Horde, I obviously side with Horde. But yeah, Kaldorei have more legitimate claims for Ashenvale than Orcs. However it's easy to understand why Horde is so desperate - most lands Horde have are just dusty barrens (Durotar, Barrens) so Horde is lacking resources. Night Elves and Horde should make an agreement to stop this conflict.

  15. #15
    Night Elves are tree hugging, everything loving hippies that can't even defend their land. Why would I want to side with them?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I voted Orcs, because I am in the Horde.
    They don't want to destroy it, they want to gather resources. I think that is a valid reason to take it over.
    I'm sure that more forest got destroyed for the creation of your computer :P
    They need that wood, so it's not really a bad thing to "destroy" the forest.
    Is that a valid reason to attack and kill the native residents of the forest and burn down their settlements?
    What does the Horde need all that wood for?
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

  17. #17
    I'm Horde and I hate Ashenvale, so, yeah, orcs. Tiiimberrrr!

  18. #18
    Orcs are the invaders, they're the ones at fault. Full support to the Kaldorei!

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Even as a hordie I'd say the nightelves have a more legit claim to the land, there are better ways for orgrimmar / the horde to get lumber, nelves have been using druidic magics to cause trees to grow very quickly into desired shapes for thousands of years, make some kind of deal.
    I said Orcs. When the Orcs arrived on the continent, they needed lumber to construct a city. At this point they had no knowledge that the forest was claimed by the night elves. When the Night Elves saw a group of orcs chopping down part of the forest, they made no effort to communicate with the orcs, despite the fact that Tyrande (and possibly some of the others) had fought alongside an orc in the past (Broxigar). There was no attempt made to reach a deal or even simply ask the orcs to go elsewhere. They instead attempted to simply murder them. At that point I honestly can't blame the orcs for not responding diplomatically. Also since the initial confrontation, there has been no attempt by the elves to make any type of deal (and it is the elves responsibility to, since they were the aggressor).

  20. #20
    Tis now belonks to da Okz!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •