Poll: Who do you side with in the Ashenvale conflict?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Ashenvale Conflict - Who do you side with?

I just thought I'd see if anyone actually side with the orcs. Personally I side with the Kaldorei. Why? Because it is their land, and they're there to protect it, not to destroy it.
    Last edited by Xarnius; 2013-10-12 at 01:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Obviously the nightelves!

But that's 'cause I am alliance, nightelf and it was my first favourite zone.

Don't think most horde would even support the orcs there. They are just ruining the environment basically.

15+ Year Old Account
    For the Alliance! For the Kaldorei!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    I just thought I'd see if anyone actually side with the orcs.
    I'm sure Trassk does.

Deleted
    Night Elves, I want to see the Night Elves show some guts again and Tyrande to go back to her "They're messing with our property? Slay them all!" attitude
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2013-10-12 at 02:44 PM.

I'm shocked that "Who cares" isn't leading right now (at the time of this post) knowing how little many people seem to care about the lore of the game.

But yes, the night elves shouldn't even be allowing the goblins and orcs to have azshara, but considering the deforestation, mountain carving, land-exploding, and general destruction of the land so far, the elves probably don't want anything to do with the scraps.

I just wish that, especially with this conflict, Blizzard would be willing to do even a minute bit of phasing to accommodate for the lore events, rather than choosing the gameplay cop-out.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    Even as a hordie I'd say the nightelves have a more legit claim to the land, there are better ways for orgrimmar / the horde to get lumber, nelves have been using druidic magics to cause trees to grow very quickly into desired shapes for thousands of years, make some kind of deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a druid, gogo night elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resources are necessary for a burgeoning society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I voted Orcs, because I am in the Horde.
    They don't want to destroy it, they want to gather resources. I think that is a valid reason to take it over.
    Still means they are destroying a beautiful land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

As a Horde, I obviously side with Horde. But yeah, Kaldorei have more legitimate claims for Ashenvale than Orcs. However it's easy to understand why Horde is so desperate - most lands Horde have are just dusty barrens (Durotar, Barrens) so Horde is lacking resources. Night Elves and Horde should make an agreement to stop this conflict.

Deleted
    Night Elves are tree hugging, everything loving hippies that can't even defend their land. Why would I want to side with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I voted Orcs, because I am in the Horde.
    They don't want to destroy it, they want to gather resources. I think that is a valid reason to take it over.
    I'm sure that more forest got destroyed for the creation of your computer :P
    They need that wood, so it's not really a bad thing to "destroy" the forest.
    Is that a valid reason to attack and kill the native residents of the forest and burn down their settlements?
    What does the Horde need all that wood for?

Deleted
    I'm Horde and I hate Ashenvale, so, yeah, orcs. Tiiimberrrr!

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs are the invaders, they're the ones at fault. Full support to the Kaldorei!
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    Even as a hordie I'd say the nightelves have a more legit claim to the land, there are better ways for orgrimmar / the horde to get lumber, nelves have been using druidic magics to cause trees to grow very quickly into desired shapes for thousands of years, make some kind of deal.
    I said Orcs. When the Orcs arrived on the continent, they needed lumber to construct a city. At this point they had no knowledge that the forest was claimed by the night elves. When the Night Elves saw a group of orcs chopping down part of the forest, they made no effort to communicate with the orcs, despite the fact that Tyrande (and possibly some of the others) had fought alongside an orc in the past (Broxigar). There was no attempt made to reach a deal or even simply ask the orcs to go elsewhere. They instead attempted to simply murder them. At that point I honestly can't blame the orcs for not responding diplomatically. Also since the initial confrontation, there has been no attempt by the elves to make any type of deal (and it is the elves responsibility to, since they were the aggressor).

Tis now belonks to da Okz!

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    I said Orcs. When the Orcs arrived on the continent, they needed lumber to construct a city. At this point they had no knowledge that the forest was claimed by the night elves. When the Night Elves saw a group of orcs chopping down part of the forest, they made no effort to communicate with the orcs, despite the fact that Tyrande (and possibly some of the others) had fought alongside an orc in the past (Broxigar). There was no attempt made to reach a deal or even simply ask the orcs to go elsewhere. They instead attempted to simply murder them. At that point I honestly can't blame the orcs for not responding diplomatically. Also since the initial confrontation, there has been no attempt by the elves to make any type of deal (and it is the elves responsibility to, since they were the aggressor).
    One does not simply communicate with an Orc.
    Besides, the Orcs made no effort to find out more about the land or who it belonged to. Ignorance doesn't free them of blame.
    They deserve every death the Night Elves deal out towards them for what they've done to the land.
    Butts.

I wanna know why the orcs haven't been double teaming Durotar and the Barrens with Druids and Shaman to make themselves a paradise. Take Naralex's Wailing Caverns screw up, tame it, and spread it north from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    Garrosh Hellscream, because when the world's already gone to hell, it takes a special kind of orc to make it worse.