Deleted

Norushen 25 Heroic?

Hey. So my guild has been struggling a bit with this boss, namely the berserk, and most of our wipes have been from 0.7% -> 2% due to it. (We did kill it last week however he berserked right as he died.)
    I'm asking if there's anything we can do to make this smoother, and to get some feedback on our DPS or anything we're doing wrong strategically.

World of Logs: /reports/rt-t6fb86vdi6cn8sca/sum/damageDone/?s=11925&e=12344 (We did have an off tank this night as our warrior was struggling with connection issues.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Send down melee early
    Multi-dotters last
    If DPS is the issue, send healers down later. You're 5 healing so this should be less of an issue.
    The quicker people go down (without overwhelming) the better it is for the fight.

Send down a lot of top single target dps first, but dont let them soak pools when they come back up. Only allow healers/tanks to soak pools, this allows dps to focus on dpsing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Posted this in the Norushen Guide section.

25 man heroic.

We sent multiple dps down on the pull (5 if I recall). Used a warrior tank with Taunt Banner to round up the many large adds spawning so close together. Think we sent 5 dps, spawned 3 large, then 2 large, pretty close together. Nuked em, had tank and healers soak everything. YOU WILL NEED TO ROTATE SOME HEALING CD'S FOR THIS, AS THE PULSING DAMAGE FROM 5 LARGE ADDS CAN EASILY WIPE YOU. UTILIZE YOUR CD'S! Tank swapped on boss, tank goes to purify. We then sent dps in waves of two at a time, to have a steady stream of large adds but not overwhelming. PACE is EVERYTHING. Have your dps kill there big add last so they can help dps it. It's REALLY easy to get overwhelmed if you don't pace yourself.

We called a full stop on purifying dps @ 55%. At this point tanks can purify to help soak orbs, and healers can help too. The enrage is very tight on 25 man heroic (though gear will help as the weeks go by.). We had numerous low % wipes. 9%, 7%, 4%, 3%, 1.5%, then a kill. We ignore both the 20% and 10% add that spawn, and just off tanked them. Tank dps did eventually kill the 20% add and a healer stepped out to soak it. Boss died with the 10% add still alive. Really intense fight.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies so far - We've been sending down 3 dps on the pull and after that 2 dps at a time. I wasn't sure if this is enough DPS to be sending down? Also by the time the boss reaches 50% it seems we only have about 12 of the DPS purified so we're still sending people down at like 30%. Is this just because we're doing it too slow or do we need to be sending more?
    I will suggest the tactic where we send 5 in at the beginning as raid cooldowns aren't really needed until like, 30%.

You need to send people in faster. A good pace would be one person every 3% or so, with 3+ on the pull.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Send down dps faster, sending melee/single target down first. Also helps if the people you send down (not counting the first set we send down) have already picked up an orb since they will be cleared once they go down. We also let our healers go down early so they can pick up orbs later on in the fight. Should easily have all your dps cleared before 50% and after that healers and tanks should pick up orbs.

The way our guild does it, is we send 1 person down every 5-10 seconds. Granted our DPS is disciplined and we usually kill adds in about 4 seconds. Either way, if you guys want to kill this fight with relatively low gear you're going to have to have every DPS purified by about 60%. The higher obviously the better. Healers are soaking. First healer to soak, will be the first healer to go down to purify. Then next healer, and so forth. Send them down with each DPS. Stay stacked, and if your heals isn't an issue, drop one.

We usually end up killing it with about 45-1m left on enrage. However we likely have more gear than you. You'll endure a lot of low percentage wipes due to enrage and then you'll magically get the rhythm of the fight down and one shot it every week until the end of time.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Avacado View Post
    Thanks for the replies so far - We've been sending down 3 dps on the pull and after that 2 dps at a time. I wasn't sure if this is enough DPS to be sending down? Also by the time the boss reaches 50% it seems we only have about 12 of the DPS purified so we're still sending people down at like 30%. Is this just because we're doing it too slow or do we need to be sending more?
    I will suggest the tactic where we send 5 in at the beginning as raid cooldowns aren't really needed until like, 30%.
    If you killed it with your strat, I wouldn't do 5 as its just needlessly letting a ton of damage go out. I think we do 3-4-3-4-3 and have everyone purified by 50% though we don't call whole groups to go in, you call out the names of the 1-2 people who are below you, this spreads out the big adds spawning because multiple people don't all go in and gib their add at the same time aside from the pull. Don't get me wrong, 5 can certainly work, but you had the dps to barely kill it going 3-2-2-... so if you even up that to doing 3 each time, you will make it. Also don't ignore the difference an entire week of gear will make in your raids dps.

Deleted
    Thanks for the tips guys, managed to kill it 10 seconds before berserk by sending in 3 dps at the start then 2 and stopping at 50%, made quite a noticable difference (And no chance of adds killing people).