Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
23
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Nerfed to the ground in honor of Ghostcrawler.

    i want shockadins back ;_;

  2. #242
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    197
    One of the things I would like is a shock pala.

    Another thing i miss is seals having a bigger impact on the class/rotation again. For prot I see holy shield is back, which I welcome.
    "Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate in physics

  3. #243
    The Patient Extremity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    One of the things I would like is a shock pala.

    Another thing i miss is seals having a bigger impact on the class/rotation again. For prot I see holy shield is back, which I welcome.
    Those weird "unofficial" builds like Shockadin are pretty hard to balance around and 99% of the time the class is either changed to make it completely useless, or it's integrated officially into the game. The only way I see Shockadin being added is a disc-priest style of DPS/healing.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    Those weird "unofficial" builds like Shockadin are pretty hard to balance around and 99% of the time the class is either changed to make it completely useless, or it's integrated officially into the game. The only way I see Shockadin being added is a disc-priest style of DPS/healing.
    I'd probably expect us to get some glyph and talent support for hybrid DPS/healing, but I don't think we should expect to get a rotational ability that does damage and healing at the same time a la Atonement.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Combat stuff
    -Less cooldown dependency. Like remove them all! Not really but you get the point.
    -Balanced talents in PvP. Right now talents are pretty set in pvp. No actual choice.
    -Lessen the effects of fear. I mean cmon we are paladins yet we suffer from fear the most.

    Other stuff
    -Hearth of the Crusader buffed or stacking with guild perk.
    -New cool skills / animations.
    -A FLYING PALADIN MOUNT!!!
    -Polearms transmogable!
    -Paladin quests.
    -More stuff to do in SW Chapel.
    I'm pretty sure they updated polearms to be transmoggable with other 2h weapons when they updated polearms to work with Titan's Grip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

  5. #245
    Higher dps output as Holy / shockadin option.

    Right now we need to use 3 major glyphs to go 'dps' and still do less dps than the other healers.

  6. #246
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope;


    I'm pretty sure they updated polearms to be transmoggable with other 2h weapons when they updated polearms to work with Titan's Grip.
    Nope. Only option I had with the Thok spear was the Sturdy Yaungol Spear, none of the swords, axes, or maces were options.

  7. #247
    2 things at the top of my list:

    Remove Inquisition.

    Fix AOE, for example: In dungeons and raids constantly having to switch seals is annoying. Get rid of Seal of Righteousness, and just use Divine Storm to spread Censure, also why does Censure still stack to 5??? cant it just act like a DoT(just 1 stack)?

  8. #248
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    Fix AOE, for example: In dungeons and raids constantly having to switch seals is annoying. Get rid of Seal of Righteousness, and just use Divine Storm to spread Censure, also why does Censure still stack to 5??? cant it just act like a DoT?
    I agree Seal of Righteousness versus Truth for Ret AoE versus ST has gotten pretty pointless. I'd rather see more utility seals like Insight (Faith seems really... dumb though). Perhaps a Damage Seal, Defensive (tanking) Seal, and Utility (healing) Seal for Ret while the other specs use their seal. No seal should be a self-nerf like Faith especially if you dump a talent point on it, the only thing you should lose is the benefits from the other seal (and I'd argue even that is stupid for a *talent*).

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I agree Seal of Righteousness versus Truth for Ret AoE versus ST has gotten pretty pointless. I'd rather see more utility seals like Insight (Faith seems really... dumb though). Perhaps a Damage Seal, Defensive (tanking) Seal, and Utility (healing) Seal for Ret while the other specs use their seal. No seal should be a self-nerf like Faith especially if you dump a talent point on it, the only thing you should lose is the benefits from the other seal (and I'd argue even that is stupid for a *talent*).
    I agree, The WoD talent Seal of Faith to me seems like a regression in terms of Paladin evolution, I certainly hope they rework that one.

  10. #250
    For Paladins to finally be viable in high-end PvP and have useful defensive CDs.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

  11. #251
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    I agree, The WoD talent Seal of Faith to me seems like a regression in terms of Paladin evolution, I certainly hope they rework that one.
    For another reason I really dislike the idea of "Gladiator Stance" for a same reason. Incoming QQ about how Warrior gets a 4th spec (that they don't even need because they have not one but two DPS specs already) and how for actual warrior tanks, the talent is just a waste regardless - so nobody wins. Also it's another boat opened if warriors get to toggle role with a talent if Gladiator Stance is a viable DPS spec, but if it's not a viable DPS spec - same goes with the "talent is just a waste anyway."

    Seal of Faith seems to be a similar "experiment" and I don't think either looks to be working out. Talents should not be self-nerfs and if they were to make "Retribution Healer" or "Holy DPS" a role it should be a 4th spec else it's either OP or useless.

    If "useless" then make it a glyph instead of a talent. For that line, same goes for Gladiator Stance. That said Holy DPS needs to be 1 glyph, not spread between 3-4 crap ones that take up all of your slots (and still gives less DPS than Holy Priest no-glyph Chakra).
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-11-28 at 07:58 PM.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    I'd probably expect us to get some glyph and talent support for hybrid DPS/healing, but I don't think we should expect to get a rotational ability that does damage and healing at the same time a la Atonement.
    The thing with Holy is that in order to be able to dps, they need to lose something. I don't want to see Holy Paladins running around using Holy Shock and killing players, while healing teammates to full with no problem. Seal of Faith is a good example of how not to do it. It's a win win for Holy to choose this talent, while Ret and Prot will probably never pick this up cause it nerfs damage. Seal of Faith should have some negative component to it for Holy, like increase the mana cost of damage spells.

    If Holy is going to go around healing and dealing damage, they better run dry of mana fairly quickly.

  13. #253
    Three words: ranged dps spec

  14. #254
    Immortal Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    7,364
    Either less emphasis on building holy power as holy, or more ways to build it with less emphasis on the end result. I don't like the combo point play style for healing, feels a bit... quirky.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  15. #255
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Either less emphasis on building holy power as holy, or more ways to build it with less emphasis on the end result. I don't like the combo point play style for healing, feels a bit... quirky.
    You are probably in the minority here.

  16. #256
    Divine Shield is almost useless in PvE. So many boss abilities go right through it now that it feels like nothing more than a way to remove my own debuffs that cleanse can't get. Almost every time I use it, I drop it asap. Like Juggernaunt, to avoid the knockback, then remove it off myself, or take the bombs. Or avoiding fall damage from jumping off the towers on Galakras.

    Otherwise, I just don't bother with it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Telwar View Post
    Nope. Only option I had with the Thok spear was the Sturdy Yaungol Spear, none of the swords, axes, or maces were options.
    The weapons need to use the same animations to be transmoggable. Polearms share an animation with Staves. So you transmog a pole-arm to look like a staff. However, As a paladin, we can't use any staff, so we are limited to polearms only.

  17. #257
    Scarab Lord Valarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sowf Wails
    Posts
    4,188
    I want more differentiation between the Ret and Prot gameplay. They feel way too similar atm. Though I have no idea how to achieve that without making Prot a boring, sterile spec as it was in Wrath.

    Get rid of the SoT stacking, make it just a 1-application DoT.. and while you're at it, get rid of SoR and just make HotR or DS spread Censure.

    Take a look at all the glyphs again. Need more worthwhile ones and not situations where we're just picking "best of the worst" to fill a slot. While we're at it, let's have glyphs like Demon Hunting that allow us to significantly increase an off-role at the expense of our main role. In other words, allow Holy to do some decent damage without needing to fill all 3 glyph slots with damage boosts.
    Steam: dartagnus or Valarius | GW2: Valarius.9437 | WoW: Valarius#2649
    Let's play!

  18. #258
    ranged dps spec for paladin sounds so stupid actually

    shockadin was cool because it was a healer spec that could also dish out some good burst but u never hard casted anything for dmg it was just judgement and holy shock thats why shockadin was cool. nothing cool about spamming denounce i think

    i think if its a paladin to have a shockadin spec it shouldnt be an actual casting like just a golden version of wrath or something dumb. cool paladin casters are ones from diablo 2 like hammerdin and fist of the heavens that would be cool

  19. #259
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,334
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateJayWilson View Post
    i think if its a paladin to have a shockadin spec it shouldnt be an actual casting like just a golden version of wrath or something dumb. cool paladin casters are ones from diablo 2 like hammerdin and fist of the heavens that would be cool
    LOL Hammerdin I would go for that!

  20. #260
    Immortal Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    7,364
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    You are probably in the minority here.
    Really? That's unfortunate - Why is it that people enjoy it? Do they think it's an additional skill requirement that helps improve the class?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •