Deleted

Guardian Spirit. is it bugged atm? (pvp)

just wondering if anyones having probs with Guardian Spirit in Arenas ?? Few times this last couple days I've noticed my GS isn't working in Arena whether I've put it on someone else or myself.. It hasn't run out of time as I can see the duration on who I put it on but they've just dropped dead and the same with myself ive used it a couple times on myself and ive just gone straight to dead healy spirit lol.. Help Pls ;p

It is either a bug, or what suspect is happening the damage is carried through heres my example.
    player has 5k hp left they take a 150k hit originally GS would stop all of the remainder of the 150k hit and put the target at 50% like normal.
    But as i said I think the damage is carried through the effect so a player with say 500k health. is at 5k hp, gets GS cast on them, takes a 150k hit now they are at 105k total HP.

Deleted
    ah so the moment they die, theyre taking more damage in that 1-2 secs than GS gives back as HP? and the hit that killed them still carries on and damages the new HP provided by GS proc? wow that's bad if it is lol

but I checked recount and skada each time and it didn't show as a heal? as in It didn't show the "heal" it provided on death of recipient ;p

Deleted
    As far as i know there's been a long standing known issue with guardian spirit in pvp, it just fails to work sometimes.

Deleted
    yea I just did a few BGs, found an enemy alone I let them kill me, used GS and it didn't do anything, and it didn't show on recount or skada.. i'm sure it does work though as I use it regularly in those stun lock fukk me up moments but this last couple of days I've noticed it failing a lot..

Deleted
    Ive had it fail alot too. Its a very annoying bug since its one of our most important spells to keep our team up.
    Insanely long cooldown too for it to fail 50-100% of the time...

Deleted
    I'm not sure if the damage carries over. Maybe it does. However whenever someone just goes splat despite GS, it usually happens within the time frame of "latency compensation". You know, when the game/server/client gets the spell cast before the previous one is complete, so as to eliminate latency.

What I suspect happens is that during this compensation time you cast your GS, which makes it go on CD immediately, because client side there is pretty much zero latency, however the EFFECT of the spell cast has to be landed on the target player, and the player runs out of HP during this latency compensation period and the GS never has a chance to land, yet is on CD on your UI.

Am I completely wrong here? All I know what happens for sure is that I get GS on cooldown and the guy still dies. My latency is usually around 50/50.

You could be correct latuman, the same issue happens with Lay on Hands

Deleted
    And to add another spanner in the works, Guardian Spirit never fails on the caster(at least from my own experience).

The heal afterwards is a value that is reduced by Battle Fatigue, Mortal Strike and absorbed by Necrotic so it can proc and do pretty much nothing. Leading you to believe it is bugged. Remember that Fatigue has been buffed which affects GS greatly.

The most common way GS fails is due to lagg, many times I have Void Shifted my partner in arena and taken myself to 25% and he dies before the heal even transfers. It's an issue of:

1)Enemy Warrior with 50ms hits his Execute on target with 5% HP
    2)Ballsy Holy Priest with 80ms GS's his partner with 5% HP

If these both happened at the same time, the Guardian Spirit would be used on his partner, and the visual would show, but it would not actually function as the Warrior's Execute reached the server first, before the Guardian Spirit.

The chances of these happening at the same time may seem extremely low. But as you are limited by the GCD, and latencies go up and down, it's actually quite possible.

You should try use GS earlier, the 60% heal buff is very useful(teams will deliberately not kill the opponent with it on, giving you a 10s window to get your partner to safety) and the current Crowd Chose You Buff pretty much enforces you do this anyway(thank god it's getting re-looked at).

Deleted
    Guardian Spirit in PVE environement used to fail when the tank is tanking a lot of adds. If it's not fixed yet then it's probably the same problem in PVP, taking several hits simultaneously or within several ms of each other will kill the target. Only one hit will be absorbed and the second one will kill the target, because the heal is delayed by server-client communication.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agness View Post
    Guardian Spirit in PVE environement used to fail when the tank is tanking a lot of adds. If it's not fixed yet then it's probably the same problem in PVP, taking several hits simultaneously or within several ms of each other will kill the target. Only one hit will be absorbed and the second one will kill the target, because the heal is delayed by server-client communication.
    This is my experience to. The bat mobs before Tortos is a classic example if that - failed many times when using it there even after several seconds (so no lag issue those times).

This seems to happen a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by latuman View Post
    However whenever someone just goes splat despite GS, it usually happens within the time frame of "latency compensation". You know, when the game/server/client gets the spell cast before the previous one is complete, so as to eliminate latency.
    Well, last week I played some arena games with my brother. I GS'd him and kept an eye on his HP and the buff. It suddenly disappeared from him with 4 seconds left and he instantly died afterwards. I checked Recount and there was no GS healing there.
    So it's not always the latency playing games with you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I found another bug with GS, and it's not latency. I use RSA and get informed when GS is cast and when it proccs. However, casting it on myself in a LFR yday, it did seem to procc, RSA didnt notify me it did and combatlog didn't show any healing from it, but Im 100% sure it did procc cause the GS buff on me disappeared and i gained health. So perhaps they are fiddeling around with how GS works atm.... Or something happened to it the devs arent aware of?

Deleted
    ive had it fail on myself a few times in arena too.. I don't use it to cheat death now as its unreliable, I use it when im not cc to bosst heals on target.. shame you cant use a spell that doesn't do exactly what it says on the tin lol.. but yea, real annoying as its a big thing for a holy priest,,,,...