Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Young and wild, an excuse to cheat on your partner?

(I'm sorry about the wrong section, I didn't pay attention there)

I am no puritan, neither a saint.

I study in the university, and I have a healthy relationship with people there. I do not hang out that often with them so I don't know that much about them.
    A week ago I was with a girl and well, she told me about all the gossip going on in our class. They look like normal people but turn out to be, most of those I keep contact with, "a bunch of johns", having sex or whatever comes up with each other just like they get cookies for it.

Now, as I said, I am no puritan, we are all between 20 and 25 years old, so this is common. I am no saint either as I spent the night with this girl who is in my class. What "concerns" me, if I can say so, is that most of those persons actually cheat on their boy/girlfriends.

The mere thought of cheating on my partner makes me sick. I simply couldn't do it, it's on my genes, if I have a girlfriend I don't even think anything when I see, let's say, a gorgeous girl looking at me. I just can not.

I honestly don't think that age matters her. It's not an excuse to be young and wild to cheat on people. Am I way too conservative about it? Am I that weird that I can't find the joy on it while the rest of my mates do?

I wanted to share this, even thought I am pretty sure that most of you know stories like this already, and again, it's not a big deal, but the cheating part seems so to me. What do you think? is the age an excuse to cheat?
    Last edited by shise; 2013-10-12 at 10:02 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have 3000 posts. What happened? How did you get hacked?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes me sick too, but this belongs in the Off-Topic section of MMO-Champ.

EDIT: Thanks for the move!
    Last edited by Blufossa; 2013-10-12 at 04:58 PM. Reason: stuff

Deleted
    I have never cheated and never will, bloody hard enough satisfying 1 person let alone 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the same way, I have friends that have cheated on their partners before and it makes zero sense to me. I guess we can be cool together in our choice to not be an asshole and cheat on someone you care about?

Deleted
    Cheating is always wrong, it's inherent to the name.

Now, if those people have open relationships and are amicable to each other dating differing people (Including casual sex) then that's fine as long as it's condoned by both parties.

But from what you've described, it seems like the majority of your class is not "Together" and are simply having casual sex with each other? That's their prerogative if so, personally i wouldn't sleep with a person in my class as it'd open a whole host of issues i'd prefer to avoid.

10+ Year Old Account
    To cheat is to break trust. It's pretty much never right to break trust, and certainly not if you expect to keep that person's trust thereafter. But hey, if both people know what's going on, and they've talked about it, then there should be no problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You have 3000 posts. What happened? How did you get hacked?
    Hacked ? Why do you say so?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I have never cheated and never will, bloody hard enough satisfying 1 person let alone 2.
    Made me lol, that's a great point there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vren View Post
    It makes me sick too, but this belongs in the Off-Topic section of MMO-Champ.

EDIT: Thanks for the move!
    True that ,I am sorry my bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never have cheated nor will I ever do it.
    I don't piss on the trust of 2 people.

Your class sounds like a bunch of hippies.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

cheating is normal. you're a liar if you say you never wanted to, or you're simply pathetic. most folks are as true as their options allow them to be. the age isn't an excuse, nothing really is, but it's normal, it's common and people really just need to get over it. unless someone is bringing an STD home with them, then what you know literally does not hurt you in any way.

what's funny is that technically, cheating isn't as damaging to a relationship (if nobody finds out) as a "close friend (of whatever sex the person prefers)" who they confide in at work. that "not cheating" stuff breaks up more relationships than some stranger ass

i've cheated and got away with it. i've been cheated on and found out. that same chick cheated on her new husband with me a couple of times.
    the ONLY time it made a damn is when i found out, he still hasn't and he's still happy. when i cheated on my gf/wife and she didn't find out, it didn't affect us. i came home in a better mood because i got some different ass at lunch.

it's just not normal to be "true" to someone. you're better off fucking someone else a few times and keeping it from them than you are going through the motions in your relationship and not cheating

you feel better about yourself when you are with someone else. if anything, barring an STD, it's better for everyone involved
    Last edited by washacked; 2013-10-12 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Cheating is always wrong, it's inherent to the name.

Now, if those people have open relationships and are amicable to each other dating differing people (Including casual sex) then that's fine as long as it's condoned by both parties.

But from what you've described, it seems like the majority of your class is not "Together" and are simply having casual sex with each other? That's their prerogative if so, personally i wouldn't sleep with a person in my class as it'd open a whole host of issues i'd prefer to avoid.
    I agree. Well, my class is kind of mixed, some have serious relationships (6 years some of them which is quite a lot considering the age), other not that much but still have a "closed" relationship.

However, I go for the overall picture here. Most of them find their age as an excuse for it.
    Last edited by shise; 2013-10-12 at 05:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by washacked View Post
    cheating is normal. you're a liar if you say you never wanted to, or you're simply pathetic. most folks are as true as their options allow them to be. the age isn't an excuse, nothing really is, but it's normal, it's common and people really just need to get over it. unless someone is bringing an STD home with them, then what you know literally does not hurt you in any way.

what's funny is that technically, cheating isn't as damaging to a relationship (if nobody finds out) as a "close friend (of whatever sex the person prefers)" who they confide in at work. that "not cheating" stuff breaks up more relationships than some stranger ass
    Whatever helps you sleep at night, I couldnt live a lie like that.

10+ Year Old Account

You have a sad life. I hope things work out for you in the end

Deleted

Thankfully the majority of the world disagrees.

Cheating is not normal, neither is it condonable - if you have anything to substantiate your claims of cheating being normal, now is the time to link them.

When a person enters a relationship, they're committing themselves to one another - Sleeping with others is breaking that trust and bond, and is often enough to shatter all trust and destroy a relationship.

But hey, that's normal and something people need to get over according to you right?

10+ Year Old Account

I'm afraid I don't share your opinion here. Why is it normal? and no, you are not a liar if you say that you never thought about cheating, some people just find that one person and don't really care about the rest, at least for as long as it works.
    Having sex with other people while you are in a serious relationship is simply the last thing, it's the red line imo.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Whatever helps you sleep at night, I couldnt live a lie like that.
    it's not living a lie, it's being normal. you do lie, every day, tens of times a day. it's normal. the folks you have to worry about are the ones who lie about not lying. they're deceitful and can't deal with it

Deleted
    I don't think it's ever right to cheat on somebody. If you feel the need to cheat on someone, just leave them. It's that simple. Or ask for a more open relationship.

Deleted
    it's not living a lie, it's being normal. you do lie, every day, tens of times a day. it's normal. the folks you have to worry about are the ones who lie about not lying. they're deceitful and can't deal with it
    You're paranoid and most likely just an edgy teen looking to soothe their ego.

This is the real world, point to any nation in the western civilization where cheating is normal and condoned.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I'm afraid I don't share your opinion here. Why is it normal? and no, you are not a liar if you say that you never thought about cheating, some people just find that one person and don't really care about the rest, at least for as long as it works.
    Having sex with other people while you are in a serious relationship is simply the last thing, it's the red line imo.
    it's normal because it's how you're wired. sure there are anomalies, but there aren't more "superfaithful" people than their are folks who like to fuck goats. you're not better than someone because you can compartmentalize the bullshit that goes along with every serious relationship and convince yourself you're happy when you're not.

nobody wants to be cheated on. in today's society there are eyes and ears everywhere. but cheating and getting away with it is good for you and your significant other.

do it, get away with it, everyone is better off

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    You're paranoid and most likely just an edgy teen looking to soothe their ego.

This is the real world, point to any nation in the western civilization where cheating is normal.
    Sleeping with another person is just committing the act of sex, though. As long as you don't bring feelings into it, I hardly see how sleeping with another person can count as a betrayal of trust. You commit yourself to one person emotionally when you enter a relationship (which, btw, is more than just sex); take the emotions out of sex and you take away the very basis of this dispute.

This being said, I would never cheat on my girlfriend because I understand that for some people, sex and emotions are inevitably connected and "cheating" immediately also equals a break of your emotional bond.