Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Raid responsibilities from the many Hunter Abilities -- Blessing or Curse?

Hellow Everybody.
    Do you remember who is responsible for tanking Dragons or Whelps at Halfus Wyrmbreaker?
    The Hunter is, he must cast Misdirection so Tank gets aggro.

Who does blow Traps at Ragnaros because of an Ability that removes Fall damage?
    The Hunter of course.

Who takes Cloudburst at ragnaros and extinguishes flame because of an ability that makes hi mrun faster?
    The Hunter does that with Aspect of the Cheetah.

Who will have extra things to do with soaking mechanics?
    The Hunter with deterrence.

etcetc.

How do you MMO Champions feel about this various abilities that are useful at many situations? Are you happy about being capable of so many things or maybe slightly annoyed because it is always the Hunter who does these cheesy things instead of just doing normal DPS. Please discuss.
    Capitalism, Ho!

Our damage is not top-end, if we couldn't do all of those things, then why would any hardcore guild bring hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Do you remember who is responsible for tanking Dragons or Whelps at Halfus Wyrmbreaker?
    Rogues.

Mages, priests or paladins with bubble. And if you're struggling use a rogue.

Who takes Cloudburst at ragnaros and extinguishes flame because of an ability that makes him run faster?
    Shamans.

Warlocks and priests. True kings of soaking have always been Rogues tho.

Other classes can do those things also, for example we had a mage or priest do everything besides MD and we had a rogue fan of knives tot them or a cat stance switch to bear and swipe them while we spammed them down. Being able to do multiple things is a blessing. The only way it is a curse is if your class can do them but the player cannot.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

Well, for me personally it is a bit too much:
    As a Priest for Example you have some Responsibilities, like the Slow Fall on Ragnaros traps or cheese Warmaster Blackhorn/Deathwing Impale with Dispersion, but at other Situations like running fast to extinguish Dreadflame your Raid picks some other class with the appropriate abilities, like a Shaman.

As a Hunter, however, it is never someone else's turn to do things like that always you are the chosen one.

Daegranos you forgot to mention Warlocks for soaking ragnaros Traps ^^
    Of course all other classes have some utilities but this topic is to discuss about how Hunters have more utilities than other classes.

I'm a balance fanatic and would prefer all classes to have an equal amount of useful utilities.
    Last edited by Fincher; 2013-10-26 at 02:43 PM.
    Capitalism, Ho!

This tier it seems it rogues doing alot of the soaking.

Examples would be Mark of Anguish on Heroic Protectors we normally do Rogue-Rogue-Hunter-(If were slow Another Hunter), then the crawler mines on H Jugg our rogues normally take all of them, with a little help from other classes if needed. Were just starting H Mal so i assume hunters will have to take the orb thingys.
    Im sure theres a few other things that rogues have to do

Well what grinds my gears is the fact I do turrets, bombs, oozes, MD adds, Dance on a Belt, and focus Desecrated Weapons and the Elemental shaman who does none of those things brags about beating me on DPS. AND brags about his AoE lol.

As of right now, mages and hunters bring literally nothing to a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Iethal View Post
    Well what grinds my gears is the fact I do turrets, bombs, oozes, MD adds, Dance on a Belt, and focus Desecrated Weapons and the Elemental shaman who does none of those things brags about beating me on DPS. AND brags about his AoE lol.
    well you are just playing with retards tbh. someone need to do that kind of Jobs, without you doing that the boss wont die. too bad if you are always picked for that kind of stuff, i also get picked a lot i just dont complain about it and let them do the damage. this dosnt mean i dont maximize my damage.

I used to always be guild bitch, it's fine but fuck tortos.

I MDed adds on Halfus....and? That's like 6 seconds of time, after that, who cares? I had more responsibility on my enhance shaman where I had to solo the interrupts on Halfus.

Mages and locks were much better at blowing traps. Hell, our mage never even got booted in the air, because she could trigger it and then immediately blink before it blew. I never did traps on Rag.

Cleansing dreadflames? Our boomkin did that with feral form and DoTTing inbetween spawns. Back then our top spec was MM, and there was so much AP lost from switching from hawk to cheetah, that it made no sense for a hunter to do it unless you could actually kill the boss without a DPS entirely (IE, post serious progression).

Soaking extra mechanics? We're not the only ones to do that. Our spriest soloed a crystal on H-Baleroc, our rogue vanished Impales, our frost DK kited plant adds on H-Conclave, our feral cat spent most of Cataclysm bearcatting because 10 mans were almost tuned around 1 1/2 tanks during progression, etc. We've been more prevalent this xpac, with Tortos, Horridon, tile running on Stone Guards, H-Will spark soaking, our ability to handle champion of the lgith on H-Sha, etc, with our highlight being how we were perfect for solo soaking static shocks on Lei Shen, but mages, monks, rogues, boomkins with rogue Cloak all did it too, and mages/boomkins were great on Ra'den for soaking multiple debuffs via resets.

Hellow Everybody.
    The Hunter is, he must cast Misdirection so Tank gets aggro.

The Hunter of course.

Who takes Cloudburst at ragnaros and extinguishes flame because of an ability that makes hi mrun faster?
    The Hunter does that with Aspect of the Cheetah.

The Hunter with deterrence.

etcetc.

How do you MMO Champions feel about this various abilities that are useful at many situations? Are you happy about being capable of so many things or maybe slightly annoyed because it is always the Hunter who does these cheesy things instead of just doing normal DPS. Please discuss.
    Got any current examples of where you would take a hunter over other classes? Shit from like 2-3 years ago is totally not relevant.

I can't believe I'm reading a thread about Hunters having too much utility when we have the least in the fucking game.

Are people seriously this ignorant of other classes abilities?

Also everything you listed was often done by other classes.

All your examples are from different tiers... Whoa guys! Gotta do something different this fight, fuck, my class is so under-appreciated!

Most classes can soak any various mechanic; dispersion, greater invisibility, cloak of shadows, anti-magic shell, zen meditation, diffuse magic, unending resolve, divine shield... I'm sure there are others I've missed.

I think the only relevant thing we have this tier is Widow Venom on Thok.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

I like it. I wish we had more opportunities to be on 'bitch duty'. Convey belt is fun, kiting adds is always fun (h conclave, h magmaw, h nefarian come to mind), heroic Beth'tilac ling duty was awesome. More of that stuff pretty please.
    It's more fun if you get to spice things up. I play to have fun, and help my raid progress, not to be #1 on the meters on every fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mediic View Post
    I like it. I wish we had more opportunities to be on 'bitch duty'. Convey belt is fun, kiting adds is always fun (h conclave, h magmaw, h nefarian come to mind), heroic Beth'tilac ling duty was awesome. More of that stuff pretty please.
    It's more fun if you get to spice things up. I play to have fun, and help my raid progress, not to be #1 on the meters on every fight.
    This. There's nothing more boring than patchwerk fights. But I understand it could be too much responsibility if you're more into tank & spank.

They're good in a way. Gives you a bigger chance to prove how good you are, if you're still doing awesome dps whilst performing these duties then that's testament to you knowing your shit. Nothing better than ranking whilst on "bitch duty". If anyone says "haha I beat you" when you're doing one of these then they're just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    As of right now, mages and hunters bring literally nothing to a raid.
    well that ain't true, we can bring quite somethings. the problem only is that there is always another class that also brings it and will do it better then an hunter/mage.

What I love is that I can do all this as a hunter and still (with good play) to good DPS, that's what I think is the most fun thing to do in a raid. Try and do as much dps as possible but still do the mechanics as well as possible.