Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Changing the way loot works is no issue for me. But, I'd personally prefer it work the way it does. If not, it only means I have to play more often. Despite what people like you think, HM players dont usually spend as much time actually ingame as "casual" players think (quotes because good casual players are a lot of times good players). Your suggestion requires people to play more to get the same rewards. But hey, if that's what you need, it is what it is.
    Oh I'm all for increasing the valor aquisition rate as well. frankly 7 dungeons to cap made alot of sense in cata. Not sure why they made it worse. It may require raiders to play more but oh well.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

3)No weapon.
    You've raid instead of dunjeon you know.
    That's probably why Blizzard didn't put any weapon in chests of TI so people will still go raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Actually no you can't guarantee it. It's quite likely the opposite is true as the game was as success because it was less grindy then other mmos and over time became less and less so. Ultimately grind is a relative thing though. If you play this game 20+ hours and run out of thigns to do I would not be shocked at that. It would also probably be far more casual friendly and have much more mass appeal if people playing 20+ hours in fact did run out of things to do well things with gear at any rate.

While it was less grindy than other mmo's, that didn't mean that there were *no* grinds. That's a huge difference then a game with just a bunch of 5 mans at max level. Keep in mind, the goal for blizz is to keep players subscribed, not to just have one really cool month, and then see it all and decide not to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    While it was less grindy than other mmo's, that didn't mean that there were *no* grinds. That's a huge difference then a game with just a bunch of 5 mans at max level. Keep in mind, the goal for blizz is to keep players subscribed, not to just have one really cool month, and then see it all and decide not to continue.
    THe trend was less and less grinds. As for the goal of keeping players subscribe I would argue that it's a pretty shit trade to keep one guy subbed because you kept the grind but lose 2 cause their not interested in having any walls up in front of them.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I would care for a new dungeon if it wasn't a MoP dungeon. meaning a total fucking bore that is at this point nothing but a reason to farm valor/justice points.

People derailed the thread.

Its not about what timeless isle is and if its good or bad.

Timeless Isle as an idea and how it was done is GOOD.

The gear scaling is HORRIBLE.

I can have my character ready to queue in 1 hour after he dings 90, but the character is completely useless anywhere apart from the first Tier LFR and Heroic Dungeons because the gear is HORRIBLE.

You cant even do 100k DPS with timeless gear, which actually you cant even do about 70K apart from maybe certain classes like Hunters which scale from stats as well as weapon making you completely and utterly useless.

WoTLK dungeons were ~19 item levels below the 10man, aka the previous 10man tier.

Cata dungeons were the same 19 item levels below.

Timeless isle is 57 item levels behind, 3 tiers behind making you completely utterly useless.
    Last edited by potis; 2013-10-13 at 08:48 PM.

I agree that we should gear up through dungeons, but because i like doing new 5mans better than farming on an island
    ●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄ Rolf! Rolf! Rolf!
    ▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
    █M█L█P█ █ █ █ █ █ █►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
    -\My pet collection/- -\My Mount collection/-

Cataclysm catch up -> 378 from dungeons and 384 from LFR(397 normal mode)

MoP catch up -> 496 from garbage island and 528 from LFR (553 normal mode)

lol 0 effort uninspired content, must've taken them like 1 week to developed then patted themselves on the back thinking people are stupid enough to like garbage itemization low item level gear from treasure.

Why gearing in Timeless Isle is worse than new dungeon?
    -people are just walking on an isle, killing mindless mobs,
    -they can get gear just after they find chests(don't even need to kill mobs),
    So? if they want to get more gear (more burdens or even rep they will kill mobs, same with previous tier dailies and dungeon farming)

-new dungeon means boss fights, so people would be more prepared for a raid,
    If you think dungeons prep people for boss you are sorely mistaken. The mobs on timeless isle require real reacting to with 1 shotting abilities on a short cast while in dungeons you can usually just heal through/move out of it slowly no pressure

-new dungeons would be overall better than Timeless Isle, which is grind fest(of course doing dungeons is also grinding, but not as much as Timeless Isle, people enjoy more doing dungeons),
    Just something you said which is your opinion, I personally think isle gearing is much more fluid and enjoyable than dungeon or daily farming with the continuious rare spawns world bosses and pvp making the grind not so repetitive (even though it is)

I just came to this conclusion after seeing many people in LFR with Timeless Isle gear, they were doing less than 50-60K DPS and they were just bad.
    That's always going to happen from now until this game ends welfare gear or no welfare gear dungeon or dailies 90% of the people in lfr are retarded 90% of the time

I think that Blizzard was just lazy, they just made an isle with loot all over the place, which is pretty stupid for me.
    What's your opinion?
    I actually enjoy the run around interactive world (by wow standards atleast) compared to tedious dailies/heroic farming obviously it can be improved as it's a new system for Blizzard but I can see it doing very well

This thread isn't LFR vs Flex, LFR vs Normal/Heroic.

sorry but if you're going to compare gearing methods you can't leave out the others
    Last edited by palladish; 2013-10-13 at 08:51 PM.

THe trend was less and less grinds. As for the goal of keeping players subscribe I would argue that it's a pretty shit trade to keep one guy subbed because you kept the grind but lose 2 cause their not interested in having any walls up in front of them.

If you are saying the game always has less and less grinds, then why do you think it's not casual friendly? lol

And I dont' think the game loses players because of grinds, or at least most grinds. For example, from 1 to 60 was a grind for many. A big part of it is making the grind a fun thing, and gearing up is one of those "grinds" these days. And sticking with the original topic, having random drops from bosses you kill, IMO is much more fun than getting guaranteed loot thru points, while each has their different merits, the points system just has you waiting a few weeks until you get the actual gear. The random drops IMO has a much more epic feeling when you get the weapon or trinket you've been working for.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    If you are saying the game always has less and less grinds, then why do you think it's not casual friendly? lol

And I dont' think the game loses players because of grinds, or at least most grinds. For example, from 1 to 60 was a grind for many. A big part of it is making the grind a fun thing, and gearing up is one of those "grinds" these days. And sticking with the original topic, having random drops from bosses you kill, IMO is much more fun than getting guaranteed loot thru points, while each has their different merits, the points system just has you waiting a few weeks until you get the actual gear. The random drops IMO has a much more epic feeling when you get the weapon or trinket you've been working for.
    how is it more epic to have the entire loot experience out of your hands and completely not in your ability to control? No matter what skill or ability or time you put in it doesn't matter. How is it more epic to have an algorithm determine your reward? I'm sorry it doesn't make any fuckijng sense what so ever. The game was a success when it was trending away from grinds. The trend has been reversed starting with cata.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-10-13 at 08:57 PM.
    The hammer comes down:

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Why gearing in Timeless Isle is worse than new dungeon?
    -people are just walking on an isle, killing mindless mobs,
    -they can get gear just after they find chests(don't even need to kill mobs),
    -new dungeon means boss fights, so people would be more prepared for a raid,
    -new dungeons would be overall better than Timeless Isle, which is grind fest(of course doing dungeons is also grinding, but not as much as Timeless Isle, people enjoy more doing dungeons),

I just came to this conclusion after seeing many people in LFR with Timeless Isle gear, they were doing less than 50-60K DPS and they were just bad.

I think that Blizzard was just lazy, they just made an isle with loot all over the place, which is pretty stupid for me.
    What's your opinion?

This thread isn't LFR vs Flex, LFR vs Normal/Heroic.
    It's thread about gearing though timeless isle vs gearing in a new dungeons.

Grinding gear on isle and grinding gear in MoP dungeons is same crap. Aoe the shit down.
    Actually, those ordon mobs are tougher to avoid and are less forgiving then any dungeon mob or boss.

Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    And OP, LFR is full of bad people no matter how much gear you give them.
    ^
    They could be walking in new dungeons sets and still suck hard in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    Grinding gear on isle and grinding gear in MoP dungeons is same crap. Aoe the shit down.
    Actually, those ordon mobs are tougher to avoid and are less forgiving then any dungeon mob or boss.
    indeed, you can aoe the living shit out of every MoP dungeon mob and burn down every boss very easily. on timeless isle? if you can't move or react quick to whats coming your way you are going to have a bad time. it is a much better trainer for new players then the snore fest that are dungeons now a days.

Stood in the Fire
    The thing is, we are not all like you, that type of player. I don't mean that in a bad way, just saying there are all sorts of different people playing with different ideas of fun and challenge.
    And the majority can't do a gazillion dps in a heroic encounter. Wow nowadays wants to cater to almost everyone.

As long as Timeless Isle doesn't give Bis gear on a platter I don't see anything wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Ehm no, the difficulty of heroic dungeons is so low at the moment that the mechanics doesn't matter and you don't learn anything from them. In fact I would say that you become less skilled as a new player because you might start to expect that the raiding content is that easy.

The elite npc's on Timeless Isle are more dangerous than the bosses in the dungeons, my Warlock with almost 800k health dies from two of their abilities if I'm not careful.
    No they aren't. This is apples and oranges big time. First off with dungeon bosses you are in a group. If the mobs on the Isle were dungeon bosses, they would be SO easily it is funny because you have a GROUP. They are only MORE dangerous because you aren't in a group. They aren't harder, you are just by yourself. I would love for you to solo some MoP dungeon bosses and say "those are easier than mobs on Timeless Isle."

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    People derailed the thread.

Its not about what timeless isle is and if its good or bad.

Timeless Isle as an idea and how it was done is GOOD.

The gear scaling is HORRIBLE.

I can have my character ready to queue in 1 hour after he dings 90, but the character is completely useless anywhere apart from the first Tier LFR and Heroic Dungeons because the gear is HORRIBLE.

You cant even do 100k DPS with timeless gear, which actually you cant even do about 70K apart from maybe certain classes like Hunters which scale from stats as well as weapon making you completely and utterly useless.

WoTLK dungeons were ~19 item levels below the 10man, aka the previous 10man tier.

Cata dungeons were the same 19 item levels below.

Timeless isle is 57 item levels behind, 3 tiers behind making you completely utterly useless.
    Glorious Leader derailed the thread, as he always does with his absurd ideas based on his lack of ability and feeling of entitlement.

I'll be infracted again because he likes to troll and mods mods would prefer to infract those of us who have contributed constructively on a consistent basis when we call him out, but have no issue letting a troll run free.

Infract me. If trolls like him are allowed and not constructive posters, then this is not a forum I want to be a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    No they aren't. This is apples and oranges big time. First off with dungeon bosses you are in a group. If the mobs on the Isle were dungeon bosses, they would be SO easily it is funny because you have a GROUP. They are only MORE dangerous because you aren't in a group. They aren't harder, you are just by yourself. I would love for you to solo some MoP dungeon bosses and say "those are easier than mobs on Timeless Isle."
    Actually they are. Go pull with group of 5 players 5 ordon mobs and you'll see they are pretty tough. If you are not careful you will die in 2 shots. I can't remember a boss in MoP dungeon who was that unforgiving.

how is it more epic to have the entire loot experience out of your hands and completely not in your ability to control? No matter what skill or ability or time you put in it doesn't matter. How is it more epic to have an algorithm determine your reward? I'm sorry it doesn't make any fuckijng sense what so ever. The game was a success when it was trending away from grinds. The trend has been reversed starting with cata.
    Its not in your ability because you cant down bosses. It is in my ability, because I'm not terrible.

For me gearing in heroics was way more fun than anything they tried since late cata.