Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Its not in your ability because you cant down bosses. It is in my ability, because I'm not terrible.
    No I down normal bosses all the time. That still doesn't matter though because I have no say what actually drops from the boss. Unless you have some power I'm not aware of you cannot dictate what the boss will drop so no it's not in your power. In the same sense that LFR players can't dictate when they will receive a bag of gold and when they will actually get loot. You are delusional.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    No I down normal bosses all the time. That still doesn't matter though because I have no say what actually drops from the boss. Unless you have some power I'm not aware of you cannot dictate what the boss will drop so no it's not in your power. You are delusional.
    Isn't it better to get gold, gear and other sort of goodies from bosses than simply go to shop and buy it? Valor gear was added to help with bad RNG but it became "go grind valor and buy gear". I think that sucks ass.

I think it's great.

I got 10 items for my mage in about 1 hour or less. Upgraded the trinket because it's really worth it and bang! my mage alt went from full hc blues to basically full epics at a lvl item where in just 2 more items I could do LFR or something like that.

Since Timeless Isle is not giving real epics but low ilvl ones, I think it's great. If it was giving away current tier items I wouldn't really be glad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    Isn't it better to get gold, gear and other sort of goodies from bosses than simply go to shop and buy it? Valor gear was added to help with bad RNG but it became "go grind valor and buy gear". I think that sucks ass.
    That's not what happens though. More often then not you don't get gear or goodies. More often then not you get gold and increasingly worthless valor. grind valor and buy gear was a million and one times better than constant cock block rng. It gave casual players something to work towards and offset terrible archaic systems in the game that ought to be done away with.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Isle is win, though i miss a new dungeon which we havent had through out an whole expansion.

Stood in the Fire
    One of my fondest memories of WoW was when I completed the epic hunter quest and got the bow and staff. I do miss that. I really 'worked' for that and it felt very rewarding. I remember shouting in general and guild chat, haha. I do miss that a bit nowadays, but other than that I think Blizzard wants people to just have fun asap. Purples usually bring fun. I think that's fine really, but there should be room for interesting and special challenges.
    It's a rpg, improve your character, and improve it a bit more with special stuff.

Glorious Leader doesnt even play. He's a troll. Leave him bbe.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Glorious Leader doesnt even play. He's a troll. Leave him bbe.
    Not any more but it's a catch twenty two. If you have an active sub people call you out for playing but still complaining. if you don't they call you out for not even playing.
    The hammer comes down:

Actually they are. Go pull with group of 5 players 5 ordon mobs and you'll see they are pretty tough. If you are not careful you will die in 2 shots. I can't remember a boss in MoP dungeon who was that unforgiving.
    See now you have to pull groups for them to be difficult with a random group of 5. Are you gonna tell me a traditional tank, heals and 3 dps setup are gonna have a hard time with 2 or 3 mobs? Also I am talking about a single mob and not a group. Again I would love to see anyone here with any class by themselves solo some MoP dungeon bosses without a sweat. The bosses are easy because they are in a dungeon group and everyone knows what they are doing.

LFR is the new really bad, even half decent people can do flexi now and don't bother with LFR.

yeah no, i think the isle is a great place to gear up my fresh warrior without having to go through the pain of doing the old dungeons over and over again until im blue in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    See now you have to pull groups for them to be difficult with a random group of 5. Are you gonna tell me a traditional tank, heals and 3 dps setup are gonna have a hard time with 2 or 3 mobs? Also I am talking about a single mob and not a group. Again I would love to see anyone here with any class by themselves solo some MoP dungeon bosses without a sweat. The bosses are easy because they are in a dungeon group and everyone knows what they are doing.
    Did I say it's super hard? No. But it's harder then doing MoP dungeons. I can tell you that I need to move more as a tank on ordon mobs then I ever did in dungeons on bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    how is it more epic to have the entire loot experience out of your hands and completely not in your ability to control? No matter what skill or ability or time you put in it doesn't matter. How is it more epic to have an algorithm determine your reward? I'm sorry it doesn't make any fuckijng sense what so ever. The game was a success when it was trending away from grinds. The trend has been reversed starting with cata.

Um, it's more epic because when you win from killing it, it feels like something you'd expect in an MMO. And as I mentioned earlier, players do (in normal modes, not LFR) have control over loot. And if you are honestly expecting the game to give you all the upgrades you need every time you kill a boss, why would people keep playing if they have no more gear to obtain after a week or two?

The game got steadily built players while it had grinds in it, so not sure what you are talking about there. And if you don't think there were grinds in vanilla or bc, you probably didn't play them lol.

I think Timeless Island is awesome. Given the stage of the game 496 is fine for gear. Lot's of dynamic events loots. I would this over a linear dungeon crawl to LFR. This isn't lazy the only ones that are lazy are the players who don't care about optimal rotation but if you are having fun...who the hell cares? Honestly i really hope future of wow will be more like the timeless island. It is really great especially for alts.
    www.cherishyourit.ca MCTS - Win 7, MCTS - AD, A+, Security+

I know the OP is clueless as the Island is for gearing up alts and when Im on my alt I dont care for much in lfr apart from loot as I allready have to live with people like the douche bags from Drak'Tul (EU)...

Dungeons are better, I agree.

It's as if Blizzard for some reason thinks that going back to the EverQuest days of grinding mobs is what people are looking for in their MMOs of the future... instead of quests or dungeons.

/brainfart on their part, I guess.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ

If Blizzard is going to continue their current dungeon design philosophy, I'd rather not see any new ones ever again.

But back to the Isle. It, like many other aspects of the game, (arguably most of this expansion) is a "lets try this and see how folks react" experiment. What's nice about the isle, that dungeons do NOT offer, is a staggered degree of difficulty... the closer you get to the Ordos area, the harder the mobs hit. This is nice for undergeared players to essentially pick their own pace, while still offering decent enough rewards. More geared folks can challenge themselves as well. 5 mans don't work like that of course, and once you've run it, it's the exact same thing the next time.

I too prefer 5's. But good ones. And lets not kid ourselves, there's repetition to be found in each approach.

As for folks in LFR using TI gear.... I'm not sure what you expect. There will always be a percentage of players who simply don't care and / or expect to be carried. And at THIS stage of the expansion, if you've been a consistent player and you're still running LFR, you're doing it wrong.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

I'm a little worried that they said that they want more things like Timeless Isle in the future, considering that I really don't like it, but I've got to give credit to Blizzard for trying something new. I definitely would have preferred a new dungeon though, considering they've completely sh*t on them this expac.

Maybe for new players it would be more helpful to learning if they had to farm dungeons, but for both new players and veterans alike the Timeless Isle is by far more entertaining.

Is OP saying that dungeons don't also include grinding? um....
    "The Thread Ender" - No seriously, whenever I enter a thread, people stop talking. Wtf guys, is it something I said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Cho has been the most epic character in WoW to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Every modern Blizzard game has a forum on MMO-Champion. This is primarily a World of Warcraft and associated Blizzard games website and forum.
    ...Except for Starcraft II and Hearthstone.