Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Glorious leader, from what I've gathered, your version of the game would have wotlk heroics with no raids, the heroics would always drop pieces so you'd be geared up fully after 2 or 3 days, and the subs would drop to 1 (because you'd still be playing) lol. Am I lying here? or is this pretty much what you are hoping happens in the game.
    It depends by who you are referring to when you say "you". I will say my version of this game would actually be far more casual friendly than it is today and that includes the amount of time it takes to get anything done.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It depends by who you are referring to when you say "you". I will say my version of this game would actually be far more casual friendly than it is today and that includes the amount of time it takes to get anything done.

That's a part of an MMO tho, they need a grind, in particular with gear. Without a grind of sorts, it becomes like every other game out there, where you can beat it in a few days. Would some like it? Perhaps, but I guarantee you it would be far far less successful.

Basically people are saying "I Love the Isle more because I can do nothing and get decent gear" casual casual casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a part of an MMO tho, they need a grind, in particular with gear. Without a grind of sorts, it becomes like every other game out there, where you can beat it in a few days. Would some like it? Perhaps, but I guarantee you it would be far far less successful.
    Actually no you can't guarantee it. It's quite likely the opposite is true as the game was as success because it was less grindy then other mmos and over time became less and less so. Ultimately grind is a relative thing though. If you play this game 20+ hours and run out of thigns to do I would not be shocked at that. It would also probably be far more casual friendly and have much more mass appeal if people playing 20+ hours in fact did run out of things to do well things with gear at any rate.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    I prefer Blizzard to release more end game content like raids than releasing new dunjeons which might drop gears not better than ToT.

Loved timeless isle, but I wish the gear wasn't BoA. I see too many over geared alts who have no idea how to play their class. That said, more dungeons would have been nice.

Good. Then let's remove the gear from the raid. They can scale your character. The reward is all about you killing the boss right? Or better yet if the reward is all about killng then boss then adding gear to the vendor shouldn't matter to you at all.
    Changing the way loot works is no issue for me. But, I'd personally prefer it work the way it does. If not, it only means I have to play more often. Despite what people like you think, HM players dont usually spend as much time actually ingame as "casual" players think (quotes because good casual players are a lot of times good players). Your suggestion requires people to play more to get the same rewards. But hey, if that's what you need, it is what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Changing the way loot works is no issue for me. But, I'd personally prefer it work the way it does. If not, it only means I have to play more often. Despite what people like you think, HM players dont usually spend as much time actually ingame as "casual" players think (quotes because good casual players are a lot of times good players). Your suggestion requires people to play more to get the same rewards. But hey, if that's what you need, it is what it is.
    Oh I'm all for increasing the valor aquisition rate as well. frankly 7 dungeons to cap made alot of sense in cata. Not sure why they made it worse. It may require raiders to play more but oh well.
    The hammer comes down:

Deleted
    3)No weapon.
    You've raid instead of dunjeon you know.
    That's probably why Blizzard didn't put any weapon in chests of TI so people will still go raid.

Actually no you can't guarantee it. It's quite likely the opposite is true as the game was as success because it was less grindy then other mmos and over time became less and less so. Ultimately grind is a relative thing though. If you play this game 20+ hours and run out of thigns to do I would not be shocked at that. It would also probably be far more casual friendly and have much more mass appeal if people playing 20+ hours in fact did run out of things to do well things with gear at any rate.

While it was less grindy than other mmo's, that didn't mean that there were *no* grinds. That's a huge difference then a game with just a bunch of 5 mans at max level. Keep in mind, the goal for blizz is to keep players subscribed, not to just have one really cool month, and then see it all and decide not to continue.

10+ Year Old Account
    While it was less grindy than other mmo's, that didn't mean that there were *no* grinds. That's a huge difference then a game with just a bunch of 5 mans at max level. Keep in mind, the goal for blizz is to keep players subscribed, not to just have one really cool month, and then see it all and decide not to continue.
    THe trend was less and less grinds. As for the goal of keeping players subscribe I would argue that it's a pretty shit trade to keep one guy subbed because you kept the grind but lose 2 cause their not interested in having any walls up in front of them.
    The hammer comes down:

I would care for a new dungeon if it wasn't a MoP dungeon. meaning a total fucking bore that is at this point nothing but a reason to farm valor/justice points.

People derailed the thread.

Its not about what timeless isle is and if its good or bad.

Timeless Isle as an idea and how it was done is GOOD.

The gear scaling is HORRIBLE.

I can have my character ready to queue in 1 hour after he dings 90, but the character is completely useless anywhere apart from the first Tier LFR and Heroic Dungeons because the gear is HORRIBLE.

You cant even do 100k DPS with timeless gear, which actually you cant even do about 70K apart from maybe certain classes like Hunters which scale from stats as well as weapon making you completely and utterly useless.

WoTLK dungeons were ~19 item levels below the 10man, aka the previous 10man tier.

Cata dungeons were the same 19 item levels below.

Timeless isle is 57 item levels behind, 3 tiers behind making you completely utterly useless.
    Last edited by potis; 2013-10-13 at 08:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that we should gear up through dungeons, but because i like doing new 5mans better than farming on an island
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Cataclysm catch up -> 378 from dungeons and 384 from LFR(397 normal mode)

MoP catch up -> 496 from garbage island and 528 from LFR (553 normal mode)

lol 0 effort uninspired content, must've taken them like 1 week to developed then patted themselves on the back thinking people are stupid enough to like garbage itemization low item level gear from treasure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why gearing in Timeless Isle is worse than new dungeon?
    -people are just walking on an isle, killing mindless mobs,
    -they can get gear just after they find chests(don't even need to kill mobs),
    So? if they want to get more gear (more burdens or even rep they will kill mobs, same with previous tier dailies and dungeon farming)

-new dungeon means boss fights, so people would be more prepared for a raid,
    If you think dungeons prep people for boss you are sorely mistaken. The mobs on timeless isle require real reacting to with 1 shotting abilities on a short cast while in dungeons you can usually just heal through/move out of it slowly no pressure

-new dungeons would be overall better than Timeless Isle, which is grind fest(of course doing dungeons is also grinding, but not as much as Timeless Isle, people enjoy more doing dungeons),
    Just something you said which is your opinion, I personally think isle gearing is much more fluid and enjoyable than dungeon or daily farming with the continuious rare spawns world bosses and pvp making the grind not so repetitive (even though it is)

I just came to this conclusion after seeing many people in LFR with Timeless Isle gear, they were doing less than 50-60K DPS and they were just bad.
    That's always going to happen from now until this game ends welfare gear or no welfare gear dungeon or dailies 90% of the people in lfr are retarded 90% of the time

I think that Blizzard was just lazy, they just made an isle with loot all over the place, which is pretty stupid for me.
    What's your opinion?
    I actually enjoy the run around interactive world (by wow standards atleast) compared to tedious dailies/heroic farming obviously it can be improved as it's a new system for Blizzard but I can see it doing very well

This thread isn't LFR vs Flex, LFR vs Normal/Heroic.

sorry but if you're going to compare gearing methods you can't leave out the others
    Last edited by palladish; 2013-10-13 at 08:51 PM.

THe trend was less and less grinds. As for the goal of keeping players subscribe I would argue that it's a pretty shit trade to keep one guy subbed because you kept the grind but lose 2 cause their not interested in having any walls up in front of them.

If you are saying the game always has less and less grinds, then why do you think it's not casual friendly? lol

And I dont' think the game loses players because of grinds, or at least most grinds. For example, from 1 to 60 was a grind for many. A big part of it is making the grind a fun thing, and gearing up is one of those "grinds" these days. And sticking with the original topic, having random drops from bosses you kill, IMO is much more fun than getting guaranteed loot thru points, while each has their different merits, the points system just has you waiting a few weeks until you get the actual gear. The random drops IMO has a much more epic feeling when you get the weapon or trinket you've been working for.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are saying the game always has less and less grinds, then why do you think it's not casual friendly? lol

And I dont' think the game loses players because of grinds, or at least most grinds. For example, from 1 to 60 was a grind for many. A big part of it is making the grind a fun thing, and gearing up is one of those "grinds" these days. And sticking with the original topic, having random drops from bosses you kill, IMO is much more fun than getting guaranteed loot thru points, while each has their different merits, the points system just has you waiting a few weeks until you get the actual gear. The random drops IMO has a much more epic feeling when you get the weapon or trinket you've been working for.
    how is it more epic to have the entire loot experience out of your hands and completely not in your ability to control? No matter what skill or ability or time you put in it doesn't matter. How is it more epic to have an algorithm determine your reward? I'm sorry it doesn't make any fuckijng sense what so ever. The game was a success when it was trending away from grinds. The trend has been reversed starting with cata.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-10-13 at 08:57 PM.
    The hammer comes down:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Why gearing in Timeless Isle is worse than new dungeon?
    -people are just walking on an isle, killing mindless mobs,
    -they can get gear just after they find chests(don't even need to kill mobs),
    -new dungeon means boss fights, so people would be more prepared for a raid,
    -new dungeons would be overall better than Timeless Isle, which is grind fest(of course doing dungeons is also grinding, but not as much as Timeless Isle, people enjoy more doing dungeons),

I just came to this conclusion after seeing many people in LFR with Timeless Isle gear, they were doing less than 50-60K DPS and they were just bad.

I think that Blizzard was just lazy, they just made an isle with loot all over the place, which is pretty stupid for me.
    What's your opinion?

This thread isn't LFR vs Flex, LFR vs Normal/Heroic.
    It's thread about gearing though timeless isle vs gearing in a new dungeons.

Grinding gear on isle and grinding gear in MoP dungeons is same crap. Aoe the shit down.
    Actually, those ordon mobs are tougher to avoid and are less forgiving then any dungeon mob or boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    And OP, LFR is full of bad people no matter how much gear you give them.
    ^
    They could be walking in new dungeons sets and still suck hard in LFR.