Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Timeless Island is awesome. Given the stage of the game 496 is fine for gear. Lot's of dynamic events loots. I would this over a linear dungeon crawl to LFR. This isn't lazy the only ones that are lazy are the players who don't care about optimal rotation but if you are having fun...who the hell cares? Honestly i really hope future of wow will be more like the timeless island. It is really great especially for alts.

Deleted
    I know the OP is clueless as the Island is for gearing up alts and when Im on my alt I dont care for much in lfr apart from loot as I allready have to live with people like the douche bags from Drak'Tul (EU)...

If Blizzard is going to continue their current dungeon design philosophy, I'd rather not see any new ones ever again.

But back to the Isle. It, like many other aspects of the game, (arguably most of this expansion) is a "lets try this and see how folks react" experiment. What's nice about the isle, that dungeons do NOT offer, is a staggered degree of difficulty... the closer you get to the Ordos area, the harder the mobs hit. This is nice for undergeared players to essentially pick their own pace, while still offering decent enough rewards. More geared folks can challenge themselves as well. 5 mans don't work like that of course, and once you've run it, it's the exact same thing the next time.

I too prefer 5's. But good ones. And lets not kid ourselves, there's repetition to be found in each approach.

As for folks in LFR using TI gear.... I'm not sure what you expect. There will always be a percentage of players who simply don't care and / or expect to be carried. And at THIS stage of the expansion, if you've been a consistent player and you're still running LFR, you're doing it wrong.

I'm a little worried that they said that they want more things like Timeless Isle in the future, considering that I really don't like it, but I've got to give credit to Blizzard for trying something new. I definitely would have preferred a new dungeon though, considering they've completely sh*t on them this expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe for new players it would be more helpful to learning if they had to farm dungeons, but for both new players and veterans alike the Timeless Isle is by far more entertaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is OP saying that dungeons don't also include grinding? um....
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    almost all of the enemies on timeless isle have abilities you need to be aware of...
    even if there were new dungeons people would que expecting to get carried...we learned this even as far back as BC with magisters terrace...again in wotlk with ICC5mans(don't count the solo ToC dungeon...literally a tank could carry the group) and in cata yet again zg/za

it's been happening since BC, with people being lazy..
    Blizz has given the real lazy people another alternative is all

bads are bad because they don't care enough to improve...making them gear from a dungeon or grinding enemies solo...
    so timeless isle vs new dungeons...at least on isle you can let them solo gear, instead of carrying bads for gear through new dungeons...

so i think blizzard made the right choice
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Aven Reddins View Post
    Maybe for new players it would be more helpful to learning if they had to farm dungeons, but for both new players and veterans alike the Timeless Isle is by far more entertaining.
    Don't generalise, please. I play this game since pre-BC patch, and I find pve part of the island hilarious mindless GW2-styled zergfuck. Though, in GW2 that hilarious, mindless zergfuck is better due to events are not finished in a 8 seconds after starting. I love dungeons, and its a shame we traded dungeons - not the mop parodies of dungeons, but good, old, hard dungeons like BRD - in favor of mindless mobgrind. Tells a lot about modern gamers, hehe.

If you enjoy the isle, your server must not be high pop. I can't even try to gear up by killing rares on mine because they die in <5 seconds. Most of the people who enjoyed getting full 535 gear got it by buying burdens or before the key chests were nerfed. I'd much rather have new 5 mans where I can atleast play my class rather than hit a button once and hope I managed to get a tag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I just came to this conclusion after seeing many people in LFR with Timeless Isle gear, they were doing less than 50-60K DPS and they were just bad.
    I have pretty much full 496 Timeless Isle gear on my sham and can pull over 100k on the majority of fights in SoO. The issue is not people gearing up easily, it's that they think just because they have decent gear, that makes them a decent player. No. If people checked how to play the class properly, like using Icy-Veins considering it's so simple to do, then they'd probably do better..

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    Did I say it's super hard? No. But it's harder then doing MoP dungeons. I can tell you that I need to move more as a tank on ordon mobs then I ever did in dungeons on bosses.
    And as A hunter I can just sit and pew pew that mob you are tanking and that healer is healing you unlike I don't know the 2nd to last boss on Jade temple where I have to avoid fire waves, fire on the ground cause technically that is harder despite the fact that boss is easy. My point remains if you can't solo bosses in MoP dungeons, they aren't easier than mobs on Timeless. You can solo mobs on timeless. Even the guy I quoted said he has to be careful as not to die, but that doesn't mean he can't solo them. If you can solo a mobs on Timeless, that to me means they are easier than the Dungeon Bosses. I don't know about you, but I don't hear regularly how people are soloing MoP dungeons. Like I also said one on one they aren't harder than bosses in dungeons. If you get a ton of them and round them up, yea of course 4-6 will beat your brains in cause they hit like trucks, but you get 4-6 MoP dungeon bosses and they will do worse. If you want to argue that not one but a 3-6 mobs at a time are tougher than a MoP dungeon boss, I can see that argument, but not 1 elite mobs vs a traditional dungeon group.

The only thing I really enjoy about the Island is the celestial tournament. I found after the first few days that running around killing rares got boring. Although I really do like how they did the gear catch up.

TI is a replacement for a daily hub, not a dungeon.

This is basically just you saying that you don't like TI. Well that's a shame, I personally love it.

P.S. Dunno why people are so obsessed with new dungeons. Blizzard is trying to break the "log in and queue for something while sitting in Org" habit and clearly that is REALLY ingrained in some people.

-they can get gear just after they find chests(don't even need to kill mobs),
    Good luck with that LOL.

-new dungeons would be overall better than Timeless Isle, which is grind fest(of course doing dungeons is also grinding, but not as much as Timeless Isle, people enjoy more doing dungeons)
    LOL beg the question much?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Don't generalise, please. I play this game since pre-BC patch, and I find pve part of the island hilarious mindless GW2-styled zergfuck. Though, in GW2 that hilarious, mindless zergfuck is better due to events are not finished in a 8 seconds after starting. I love dungeons, and its a shame we traded dungeons - not the mop parodies of dungeons, but good, old, hard dungeons like BRD - in favor of mindless mobgrind. Tells a lot about modern gamers, hehe.
    You "traded" dungeons for larger raids. The raid and dungeon teams share resources, the quest/daily/event hub team is different.

They could make 3 new dungeons and make SoO more like DS if you'd like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I loved the early cataclysm heroics, and would love for Blizzard to at the very least add another dungeon difficulty and put the early cataclysm heroic version there, so that those who can't handle it can keep on grinding their mindless npc's with no effort without being able to complain about losing out on dungeons. Alas, I doubt Blizzard will ever do this, it would be too good to be true.

This is something I would like them to do:
    Heroic dungeons -> regular dungeons
    new mode -------> heroic dungeons, requires a premade group (otherwise people will call out for nerfs).
    challenge modes--> challenge mode
    I loved Heroics in Cata (coming from a new player who'd never done a max level dungeon) and I loved Challenge Modes.
    I really think Challenge Modes were almost a perfect substitute however.
    The transmog items were well made (save for a 1 or 2 classes) and the level of play was obviously intensified.

I just miss the multitude of mechanics that allowed for more strategy in Cata Heroics. Grim Batol and Halls of Origination where soooo good.

I don't see how a new dungeon would better prepare someone for raiding over any of the old dungeons as far as learning mechanics goes, and it's never been Blizzard's responsibility to teach you what your dps rotation is. A new dungeon is the same as Timeless Isle in that it's a way to get new gear. While that might be fun and adds a bit more story to the game, at the same time it can be painful like a mini SoO LFR run.

honestly it is another crazy 180° for blizzard, they start gating everything behind a rep and then finish it with a rain of epics, GC should really be fired he tried to change thing unnecessary and then do this shit over and over.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    The elite npc's on Timeless Isle are more dangerous than the bosses in the dungeons, my Warlock with almost 800k health dies from two of their abilities if I'm not careful.
    Most of the dangerous abilities can be avoided, so it does teach you a bit to "stay out of the bad stuff". Whether people use that in other places such as LFR is another story.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Timeless Ilse is so pointless they might aswell mail me 496 epics, I really see no difference. Taking out any kind of gear and reward until hc raid mode is killing this game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You "traded" dungeons for larger raids. The raid and dungeon teams share resources, the quest/daily/event hub team is different.
    They could make 3 new dungeons and make SoO more like DS if you'd like.
    Oh, come on, please. I'm so tired of this lazy bullshit on every corner. "You want new raids or character models?" "You want new raids or class balance?" "You want new raids or *insert anything players are throwing at blizz at the moment*". I want the lazy dev team gone, and returning back of the dev team that somehow managed to do all this things at the same time, without blackmailing players every here and there for "hurr durr bad raids".
    Basically, I just want Greg "Let's nerf Shadow word: Pain for 15%" Street gone, to be honest. He is the worst that could happen to game. Pompous, lazy asshole.

Deleted
    Don't know about the rest of the classes but some idiot at Blizzard made 80% of the plate items with haste. Dungeons, Timeless Isle, LFR... no wonder some people do bad dps.