Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Shaman has the most "passive" fire-and-forget it healing if she can remember to drop HST every so often. Major CDs are instant, chain heal and healing rain are the ultimate in smart heals, and that's all she really needs for LFR. Riptide, Earth shield, also instant, and powerful tools. Keep earthliving on her weapon, and she can probably just spam chain heal off herself for a whole LFR and do fine.

Deleted
    Shamans are probably the most noob-friendly class out of all the healers, it literally 2 buttons - stick down healing rain & healing stream totem on cooldown, keep riptide on cool down and switch between chain heal/great healing wave/healing wave. Extremely easy considering the top 2 healing spells for the class are both extremely easy to keep up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make her play an arcane mage, or learn to heal well instead of asking for the most easymode heals. She might even enjoy herself
    Wrath baby and proud of it

My boyfriend suggested I level a disc priest. He said I'd love it. He was so right.

Druids are the easiest. You have several insta heals but also some direct casting heals. She can throw instant damage as needed and can shapeshift into cute little cats. She doesn't have to worry about Tree of Life, since that isn't a great talent to begin with and would be more useful with the constant instant swiftmends.

A fun and easy to play healer is discipline priest doing atonement healing. It's dps with a healing twist. I quite enjoy it on my priest.

Disc Priest = she can dps and hardly ever directly heal - the 'dps' rot for disc priest is super simple too!!
    She can lfr as a healer and just 'dps' and no1 will bother with her - thats wat i do so i kno =]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gamon12 View Post
    cheers, thank you all for very insightful comments ( even for the bandage spec'd mage )

Aleksej89 - luckily we live together and spend virtually every moment together talking and doing stuff so nah; but I do know couples who struggle with the problem you mentioned so big ups for keeping an eye on that
    Get her a Naga, will fix keybinds problem and its easy for her to use it from the start so she gets used faster.

Quote Originally Posted by gamon12 View Post
    Hey guys,

I'd like to play WoW very casually with my GF; me being some dps class and her the healer.

What healer class would you recommend for a girl who is completely new to WoW and mmorpgs in general?

I know that you'll probably say " let her choose the class she likes the most", which might in fact be the case, but apart from that? Ideally I'm looking for a healer that has:

* possibly the smallest amount of keybindings
    * possibly a lot of instant heals ( the more the better)
    * an almost horizontal learning curve

Based on that I can already say that it's not going to be a druid ( a lot of shapeshifting, different skills in different forms = hard to get a hang on for a newbie)

So what would you suggest? Thanks for any help
    if you want easy point her at huntard or any one button macro possible dps class. NOT any of the healing classes.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    if you want easy point her at huntard or any one button macro possible dps class. NOT any of the healing classes.
    You only need to know how to play properly as a healer once you set foot in raids in normal or above, anything below that i would say healing is actually easier then being a dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    girls should be tanking anyway.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

I'd say like holy priest or holy pala maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    You only need to know how to play properly as a healer once you set foot in raids in normal or above, anything below that i would say healing is actually easier then being a dps.
    I know this is a little off topic, but what you say is true. It's really sad that the game is set up with abilities (spells, etc.) that are made in such a way to interact with other spells and abilities, to mesh with a team environment and hold the expectation to be used in a certain way for maximum potential...

And yet, 95% of the game doesn't require you to know any of this. And with each addition of "dumbed down" content, the need to know any of the games abilities becomes less and less necessary.

Just odd that a game would give you a toolbox that you'll only need to use for 5% of the game.

So, yeah... Depending on what OP and his GF plan on DOING with their characters, the class she picks won't even matter, because unless you actually get into real raiding half your toolkit won't even be necessary.