Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I was not going to reply to this post.. Then I changed my mind :P

1 - Getting too close with a co-raider.
    2 - Overreacting when I got screwed over by raiding guilds(It's just a game after all... For some reason, being robbed for fresh raid-content really gets to me :S)
    3 - Lending those 8k gold to a random guy in trade(Stupid, I know, but I could afford it and decided to give humanity a chance.... I wish I was a fish.)
    4 - Taking that candle
    5 - "Just one more quest/dungeon/herb/mob..."

Oh, and regarding starting WoW... I regret nothing. *Shrugs* Perhaps this beer belly.. *Pats* :>
    Love without pain isn't really romance.

Taking up the position of raid leader.

Doing my "portal surprise" too often in raids that people caught on to it.

EDIT: Just remembered my biggest mistake. Back raiding in TBC I used to run a holy pally, and I may have used Divine Intervention on the tank at around 20% on Leotheras

I blamed my cat naturally. She loves playing the game with me.
    Last edited by mellowconundrum; 2013-10-24 at 10:00 AM.
    "Too late, and to their sorrow, do those who misplace their trust in gods learn their fate" - Judge Bergan

The notion that nature can be calculated inevitably leads to the conclusion that humans too can be reduced to basic mechanical parts

Accepting the request to be promoted to officer, more so, a healing officer in the 25 man guild I raided with in wotlk. Pushed me away from raiding guilds forever, even if I had the time for it, I would never raid properly again.

Joining the Alliance.

Accepting to meet some players IRL

Deleting my first made character

Resubscribing each expansion thinking 'it can't have been nerfed anymore'. (Not talking about raiding but the other 90% of the game.)

Not saving gold for Magic Rooster Egg

I started raiding with my current guild at the start of Cataclysm. During ICC I would join their alt/social runs in ICC on my hunter. It was the first time i'd ever even attempted anything like heroic and the only experience I had before that was from kara/ZA/naxx normals. The raid progressed through heroic modes at a decent pace (I believe I joined just as they started heroics).

Anyways it went fine for weeks until I switched from using a normal bow to a heroic gun. Not really a problem you might think. And you would be correct if not for the fact that on one of our Lich King kills (still normal) my gear was getting a bit low on durability, but I figured I could go for another pull. I had good overall awareness and never actually died much, usually the last to die.

I died halfway through.. got ressed.. realized my gun was broken. No problem I thought, I still have my trusty old bow! Yeah I did.. was in perfect condition. Just a shame I didn't have any arrows left! :O

So I felt my cheeks turning red and warm.. and pulled out my melee weapons (dual wielding at the time I believe) and proceeded to Raptor Strike my way to victory (after having spellbooked it).

Now I was usually top damage in that run... so it didn't exactly go unnoticed that my dps was FAR below par on that fight (we actually killed it too) and people asked me what happened.

So I told them.. everyone laughed.. and then they gave me the agility staff that had dropped.. so that: "You will at least have a melee weapon that does some damage next time!". Not that there was anyone else who could use it, but they wanted to be sure that I was reminded of my mistake for weeks to come lol.

Since then I made sure I always had at least 2k bullets/arrows more than I could possibly use up in a raid and I have since started repairing as often as possible lol.

Edit: Having a relationship with my formed guild master, we broke up and things got very awkward, I left the guild and she the game. The guild never recovered. Although there wasn't much left of the guild when it all happened, I still feel shit about that.

Accepting officer-ship in my current raiding guild at the end of Cataclysm. I'll never do that again and it definitely had something to do with my decision to leave shortly after Mists launched.

Ofcourse I then returned in ToT, though there was some resistance from the guild leader and officers, the raid leader and role leaders wanted me back in though. I don't really know what happened since it was all behind closed doors obviously, but apparently there was quite some drama going on over me getting back in (in addition to things that were already brewing between the officer team and the raid leader team). I eventually got my trial and passed. I vowed to myself to never get involved in the politics of a raiding guild again, it's not worth it.
    Last edited by Raptor4life; 2013-10-24 at 10:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Strong females aren't called bitches, bitches are called bitches because they are bitches.

I think I've repressed most of my mistakes, other than some vague memories of leveling a cloth hunter. The most recent that comes to mind was being too slow on using my Divine Shield on H Jin'Rohk. I'm supposed to bubble just before Ionization goes out, preventing it from being applied to me. Instead, I was a second late because I was trying to squeeze in more dps, and ended up with the debuff, then bubbled it off, killing everyone in the pool.

Buying it in the first place

I know that joke has prolly been made a million times but seriously

This game feeds on my OCD

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I think I've repressed most of my mistakes, other than some vague memories of leveling a cloth hunter. The most recent that comes to mind was being too slow on using my Divine Shield on H Jin'Rohk. I'm supposed to bubble just before Ionization goes out, preventing it from being applied to me. Instead, I was a second late because I was trying to squeeze in more dps, and ended up with the debuff, then bubbled it off, killing everyone in the pool.
    I found this hilarious until I realized that this probably caused about half our wipes on that bastard >.<.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Strong females aren't called bitches, bitches are called bitches because they are bitches.

Sending 50k golds to an alt because you can't transfer with more than 50k on your char.
    Forget to log on that alt for 30 days. 50k golds lost, GG.

throwing that sea turtle back into the water, because I missclicked. Stupid no autoloot.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Wasn't hard to pick the worst of all mistakes I made.. Insulting and harassing a senior GM. You can guess what happened to my account. Closed forever. Woops?

My worst mistakes is that I have sold plenty of Wow accounts that I want back so badly! Young and Naive FTL...
    Frostwhisper EU - Hulkovius Elemental
    Armory

Meow

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    throwing that sea turtle back into the water, because I missclicked. Stupid no autoloot.
    OMG this hurts just to read...

I spent SOOOOOO long fishing for that goddamn thing, and I HATE fishing.

The day I got it was a happy day.

Still love that thing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkovius View Post
    My worst mistakes is that I have sold plenty of Wow accounts that I want back so badly! Young and Naive FTL...
    Exactly.

First one I sold I don't regret, because I got a lot of money for it. But the one I sold after the onset of achievements with all his pretty mounts... *sadface*

Going enhancment by the start of cata.
    Not using bonus roll on Ji-kun once (mount plz).

Yeah, these are pretty lame...
    Ok, so one evening when b.net was pretty fucked and could be fixed by restarting client. I was also supposed to join a Show Me Your Moves! achievement grp on openraid and since I didn't realize this issue in time, I missed out on the achievement/mount (was the last one I needed for meta).

Either picking priest as my first character to play back in Vanilla, (wand spec leveling ftw) and not picking warrior, mage or lock back then because my buddy wanted a priest for his guild which died by the time i got to 60.

or thinking i had enough durability for another attempt on Baleroc, when my first hit from my weapon on my DK broke. Then we wiped at 5%. Didn't hear the end of it for a while on that o