Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Unhappy Your Worst Mistake in WoW?

My absolute worst experience had to be in Cataclysm when I rolled a Rogue and used Ambush spam up until level 70, and realized just how terrible I was at the class. So I deleted the character because of how frustrating it was to learn the class from scratch.

Basically what it felt like:

"Oh damn, theres more than just Ambush and opening to a Rogue? Alright shouldn't be that hard, let me just go search it up..."

I bought wow once.

Warchief
    Tank as a mixture of holy,retri, and prot talents all together back in wrath. Yeah... I was new back then.

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Tank as a mixture of holy,retri, and prot talents all together back in wrath. Yeah... I was new back then.
    There was nothing wrong with that though? Hell I tanked as ret for ages with prot gear, just because I could. In farm content ofc

OT: I thought General chat was reserved for high ranking 'generals' not really a mistake though?
    Maybe vendoring of old gear that would look nice to xmog to

Probably running full spirit on my resto shaman during bc. In my defense, no one bothered to correct me. :\

duel wielding two http://www.wowhead.com/item=7961/phantom-blade in vanilla while i leveled my hunter 2006 :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman
    I try not to post anywhere anymore, due to fear of being infracted. Feels like there are too many mods that aren't screened well enough. "Dirty cops" if you will.

I once kicked a guy from our raid when he had been rude and pretty useless during the whole raid. I then pretended he had left of his own accord leading to some imbroglio in the guild, people blaming one or another... A huge mess for what was at first a simple mistake due to my irritation. I never told the truth and kept blaming the dude who in turn kept telling he had not done it. I'm not proud of it.

I should have never played in the arena with my significant other. As for in game mistakes, in TBC I was main tanking through Mt Hyjal on my warrior and my key bindings got switched around (I had a mouse where I had buttons bound to the keys) so when I was spamming "Heroic Strike" I was really hitting "x" and sitting down, but because I was being hit so fast I didn't see the animation and didn't notice until we started pulling Archimonde.

Believing that the nearly 2 years I've played in total time played in the last 6 years wouldn't be lost as there's people all over the world at any given time on which I'd go out.

The most amazing thing is, even tho I know that I've lost some stuff, I'd do it again.

Back in Molten Core, we were resurrecting after a wipe and I resurrected a hunter's pet by accident (the hunter was still dead). Once resurrected, the pet ran straight for the boss and wiped us again. I'm not sure if this was a bug, it was way back in vanilla. I felt bad about it and never told anyone what happened, they were like "WTF!"

Quitting at the start of Wrath. Cost me Valanyr in the long run.

Stood in the Fire
    Not really a "mistake" but like something I regret. Never being bothered to get the Amani War Bear :/

Jumped down a chimney in a ruined house in WPL back in vanilla (unsure if ruined houses exists there anymore or they've been rebuilt), and I had my hearthstone on cooldown. Auto-unstuck just moved me like 2 centimeters in one direction. I sat in that chimney all alone, with undead monsters looming in the forest for about 45 minutes, I think.

Other than that I'm pretty flawless
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala

My first proper char was a hunter and while I learned what to roll on and not be a ninja from my first deadmines, at level 20 when I unlocked dual wield I level'd until about 40 with melee abilities such as raptor strike. I didn't kite at all, I used serpent sting and daze then melee'd when they came close. It wasn't until I was playing my Rogue for fun at about 18 in WSG that a hunter was kiting me and jump shotting that I discovered how to do it.
    One cannot simply quit wow his way into Mordor.

Rerolling from lock to dk when I first started with wow.

Barely knowing the game, I thought that dks were more powerful being a "hero" class. As I kept playing, I slowly begun to realize warlocks have more overall raid utility and usually more damage output, but it was kinda late.

Worst error: Not quitting for Cataclysm, the worst expansion, and coming back for MoP. Instead I played Cataclysm ftl.

buying cata and basically not getting anything done past level cap and a few heroic dungeons

i shouldve quit at the end of wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by Taninsam View Post
    Rerolling from lock to dk when I first started with wow.

Barely knowing the game, I thought that dks were more powerful being a "hero" class. As I kept playing, I slowly begun to realize warlocks have more overall raid utility and usually more damage output, but it was kinda late.
    Nothing stops you from rolling back to a warlock...at any point, really. People change mains all the time.

My biggest mistake was deleting every toon, including my first Darsithis and quitting. Then coming back a week later having no idea GM's can restore characters and starting all over again, weeks before Cata was supposed to drop and barely making it to 80 in time.

A couple of weeks ago I was playing my mage on Jin'rokh the breaker and cast alter time in my burn macro once I got int the water. Then got focussed lightning and ran out of the water, 6 seconds later I was taken back into the water when AT faded and wiped the raid

Field Marshal
    Playing too much.