View Poll Results: Which 'End Game' content worked best this Expansion?

Voters
163. This poll is closed
  • Patch 5.0 - Various faction quests

6 3.68%
  • Patch 5.1 - Landfall

56 34.36%
  • Patch 5.2 - The Isle of Thunder

42 25.77%
  • Patch 5.3 - Escalation

5 3.07%
  • Patch 5.4 - The Timeless Isle

54 33.13%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I liked them all except barrens, with 5.2 being my favorites. Yes I like questing in an mmo-rpg, crazy isn't it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A mix of 5.0 and 5.1. I love dailies so I love 5.0. for that. But I didn't like the gating. I got a bit burned out at the time I reached Shado-Pan and August Celestials. The tuning could have been better too. Tillers dailies were super easy and you got the same value for the much harder Shado-Pan. My favorite were and remain the Tillers and Golden Lotus. As for 5.1. I loved the quality (including the scenarios inserted here and there) but I would have liked a little more (like 7-8 instead of 5).

In all, we should had less in 5.0 and a little more in 5.1.

I didn't like much the 5.2 however (I liked the unlocked parts process however). I didn't like the setting and the fact they were scattered throughout the isle.

The idea to grind like mad to complete a quest in 5.3 and 5.4. is horrific. I see no fun there. So, for the Timeless Isle, I liked the setting, the chest-treasure hunting, the rares but I totally dislike the grinding needed to get reputation. A mix of dailies and moderate grind would be the best I guess. It would satisfy those who prefer any of the two.
    Last edited by Baine; 2013-10-13 at 05:40 PM.

Deleted
    5.4 was the best by far. Epic vanilla feeling.

5.2 the absolute worst

The other 2 were mediocre

5.2 was the best imo. Especially with the option to do PvP dailies.

5.3 was the worse, but still not terrible.

IoT was the least worst. 5.0 was pure agony. All in all none of them are very appealing to me as I despise questing in every way possible but IoT was, alright.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    No. IoT was terrible.
    Solo scenarios and brainless dailies, in a hideous zone ? No thanks.

I enjoyed the development of story alongside daily quests in Landfall, making it less monotonous, and I enjoyed the variety with Isle of Thunder. Timeless Isle is great but to me it's mainly for alts. I only go there on my main character to kill Ordos and the Celestials.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    This

Can't agree more.

Scrap dailies and give us dungeons instead.
    Different designers. Scrapping dailies can only get you different open world content.

10+ Year Old Account
    timeless isle has been my favorite but honestly all of them were pretty good imo. sure it was grindy as hell but i genuinely enjoyed them on my first run through.

in terms of progression though timeless isle wipes the floor with anything blizzard has done as far as world endgame goes. timeless isle takes some elements of what other MMOs are doing and i like that. its good that ideas are being thrown from game to game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    I enjoyed the development of story alongside daily quests in Landfall, making it less monotonous, and I enjoyed the variety with Isle of Thunder. Timeless Isle is great but to me it's mainly for alts. I only go there on my main character to kill Ordos and the Celestials.
    while i enjoyed the story progression in Landfall, that really felt like thats all there was to it.

with isle of thunder (aside from the RAID) we saw a heavy introduction of WEEKLY rewards. the treasure trove was awesome as an alternative to 'just' dailies or openworld grinding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    Landfall was by far the best, even if the Isle of Thunder was a good zone.
    A limited number of dailies that gradually unlock a story was a good solution imo.
    I totally agree with this. 5.1 was the best patch in my opinion (when it comes to end game, other than raids).

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    while i enjoyed the story progression in Landfall, that really felt like thats all there was to it.

with isle of thunder (aside from the RAID) we saw a heavy introduction of WEEKLY rewards. the treasure trove was awesome as an alternative to 'just' dailies or openworld grinding.
    They kept the story progression too I guess, but scenarios didn't feel the same.

I would say Isle of Thunder. Great island, great dailies. Timeless Isle is fun for other things, not from the daily-aspect. Landfall was pretty lol, I stopped as soon as I hit exalted and never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mear View Post
    Gief Story progression quests from 5.1, the scale of the zone of 5.3, gief the adventure and lots of shit to do as 5.4, and ofc same kind of strength of the mobs there(somewhat stronger rares, or atleast slower to kill them). and somewhat more quests, story progression quests like 5.1, weekly or whatever. and if you need dailys, let them be like the one on timeless, you just get some extra shit by doing it, and not feeling "forced" to do them everyday just to get exalted fast as possible just because there aint no other way.
    I'd rather not feel forced to grind thousands of mobs to get exalted because the guys who hate dailies got them all removed, bar one, either.

Why can't we have the dailies AND mobs giving rep so both sides are happy. I don't care about farming hours and hours of mobs to get the rep faster if I know I can hit exalted in a few weeks/month of dailies. The amount of time to hit exalted with that one grindy daily on Timeless is horrible...

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if I dislike dailies, I enjoyed landfall the most. Had a bit too many dailies though, but the story progression saved it for me.

Timeless isle has just turned out to be an annoying zone, where you almost never get to the rares before they die. And otherwise you go about mindlessly slaughtering mobs.

5.1 did it the best. 5.3 and 5.4 were just aimless and lacked story.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will go with "Patch 5.2 - Isle of Thunder. Daily quests to unlock the Island with different quests unlocked as each area is available". I hope they use this concept going forward, I really enjoyed both the personal scenario's and the mix of dailies at various stages, as well as the elites around the island. It also required everyone's involvement to open the island completely up. I still go to the island every day to do the dailies on all 9 characters. Out all the OP lists, Timeless Isle is by the worse concept. The mobs might present a little challenge to an under geared person, but it is mindless grinding and that is all it is. It serve as no purpose another than handing out free gear, that is not that great any way.

Deleted
    5.4 > 5.2 = 5.1 > 5.3 > 5.0 for me. The Pandaria factions took so long to do and felt mandatory to me (not trying to start a 'dailies = mandatory' debate, that's just how I felt at the time) and took 2-3 hours a day which was awful for me. 5.3 was a bit meh, really boring, not sure what to say but I just didnt like it. 5.1 and 5.2 were just lots of quests again, although not as long as 5.0, but still felt obligatory, at least until I had high enough reputation to buy the gear (same reason as 5.0). And lastly 5.4 is really great for me, if I feel like staying half a day on the isle I can still benefit from it, if I feel like not going there at all on a day there isn't much of a problem either! I like that 'freedom'.

Tough one, I'd say the 5.1 Landfall patch had the best dailies, but they didn't provide very much rewards if you weren't already raiding. 5.0 patch over did dailies, 5.2 while not having as many, the dailies were still kinda bland. 5.1, I thought the dailies were interesting just because they would put you in spots where you had no choice but to PvP at times.

Reputation is gained at a decent pace, dailies cycle, there is only a handful of them each day, and you get a short quest chain/scenario at the various reputation levels.

5.2 would have been nice if the later dailies cycled. With the way they unlocked you had done the first few sets multiple times because they were up every day, and you got sick of them, then they finally got on a random cycle when the later stages opened, but then they did the same thing again with the forge quests almost always being the same except for that 1 quest. You either rescue prisoners or destroy drills.

5.3 I never really did.

5.4 feels like its lacking quests. A handful more dailies would have been nice for progression Shaohao rep.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.