Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Which dungeons will be recreated in the next expansion?

In Cata we've got heroic SFK and Deadmines, in MoP SH, SM and Scholomance. Which of the old dungeons will be recreated in the next expansion? My bet goes on RFC - whole instance must be changed after SoO, otherwise it won't make any sence. Also I think that a new Dire Maul instances are a possibility.

Emerald Dream expansion - Wailing Caverns.

Burning Legion expansion - Dire Maul.

Azshara expansion - Blackfathom Deeps.

Old God expansion - Maraudon

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully Wailing Caverns...surprised they didn't change it in cataclysm honestly
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Hopefully ALL of them.. make them scale to your level or at least to max level.... that way the dungeons never get forgotten and outdated, make the loot random for each boss as well, so they all share the same loot table and we merely have a chance from that table relevant to our spec choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Emerald Dream expansion - Wailing Caverns.

Burning Legion expansion - Dire Maul.

Azshara expansion - Blackfathom Deeps.

Old God expansion - Maraudon
    Emerald Dream / Old God & Azshara will more than likely be together. I'm guessing Blackfathom Deeps is most likely one out of the 3 unless

If Its Burning Legion than it could be Stratholme with The Dreadlords taking it over as there base of Operations again.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going on a tradition of two....

Emerald Dream (please god no) - Wailing Caverns, Marudon

Burning Legion - Hellfire Citadel (all 3 of them a'la Scarlet Monestary) (Garrosh sprung from jail by the Legion, takes over the citadel)

Azshara - Blackfathom, Steamvaults

Old God - Uldaman, AQ (converted to a 5-man)
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    RFC would be a good one to see redone to keep up with the lore

Since I'm betting on The Dark Below, gonna say Blackfathom Deeps and Wailing caverns. I'd love to see a gauntlet stke boss fight with all the Druids of the Fang coming at you one at a time in WC and more references to Azshara in BFD. Both need a streamlined dungeon and get rid of the damn jump part!

Deleted
    Give me Dire Maul North

I sorta hope none.. or if they do, to keep them as they were... The new scholomance was fun, but man it no longer felt like a sinister, gigantic, coven of evil with so many of the doors barred shut.

I wonder if Blizz would ever reimagine TBC/WotLK 5-mans. Some of those TBC dungeons are getting to be as old as SFK and DM were when they got redone.

Out of left field here: If it's Burning Legion and it involves the Titans, I would love to see something happen that uncovers the rest of Uldaman where the adventurers have to access some kind of panel or info in Uldaman that, for example, serves as a jump-off point instance wise for the rest of the expansion. Take a look at the buildings that it supposedly included, I doubt we explored them all when we found the original titan keeper at level ~40.

[Edit: Wow. Taking a trip down nostalgia lane made me realize what a good dungeon concept the original Uldaman really was... I never really appreciated the story.]
    Last edited by Confirm Deny; 2013-10-13 at 04:47 PM.
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    In Cata we've got heroic SFK and Deadmines, in MoP SH, SM and Scholomance. Which of the old dungeons will be recreated in the next expansion? My bet goes on RFC - whole instance must be changed after SoO, otherwise it won't make any sence. Also I think that a new Dire Maul instances are a possibility.
    I hope none to be recreated... Just new instances, no slaking or shurtcuts.

I would really love Strathholme to be recreated as a stand-alone 5 man raid (nothing to do with the main, tier raiding, just;

- Both Normal & Heroic raid difficulty (Perhaps something between Normal / Heroic if you want to go with only one difficulty)

- 5 man

- Slightly higher than Flex ilvl loot (4ilvls or so)

- No tier sets (But totally unique/matching models so that Normal/HC raiders could run it for transmog purposes, if they are into that)

- A few vanity items for collectors (Couple mounts, some pets, transformation items etc)

- Make sure trinkets that drop aren't broken so that Normal/HC raiders won't have to run it (Like the Lei Shen trinket for Warlocks...)

- Roughly 6-8~ bosses

Not something most could do in a day (at least at first), but something you could work on long term on non-raid nights.

If successful, release a smaller (4-6 bosses) 5 man raid every major patch (maybe even X.1 and X.3?) a long with the new tier. Maybe even invest some art time in designing new 5 man raids, instead of just recreating older dungeons. Something to set the mood for the patch maybe.

Most likely it will be BRD. To put it in line with other dungeons, 90% of dungeon will be cut off, to make it look more like a tunnel filled with trash and couple bosses in-between.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    My bet goes on RFC - whole instance must be changed after SoO, otherwise it won't make any sence.
    But RFC was already rehashed in MoP. So it won't be next.

Sarcasm aside. Would people pay for new expansion being excited to play through "reintroduced" old dungeons as new content? I wouldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully NONE. I dont want them to take the lazy way out and reuse existing art. An expansion should be ALL new. Not using the same dungeons and putting stronger monsters in them

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the Night Elf hints provided by the unreleased but datamined mounts, I'm guessing Blackfathom Deeps will be getting an update in the next expansion as it's the perfect melding of Night Elf/Naga Lore.

Of course, this only works if the expansion is Naga focused.

Uldaman would be an awesome update if an expansion were heavily titan focused. Maybe it is on their to do list?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    Hopefully Wailing Caverns...surprised they didn't change it in cataclysm honestly
    They did change it, they removed about 75% of it when they got rid of the maze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Since I'm betting on The Dark Below, gonna say Blackfathom Deeps and Wailing caverns. I'd love to see a gauntlet stke boss fight with all the Druids of the Fang coming at you one at a time in WC and more references to Azshara in BFD. Both need a streamlined dungeon and get rid of the damn jump part!
    That sounds amazing

Deleted
    None hopefully

If they do it in scholomance ways (it was most terrible revamp ever), I say none.

Cata ones were nice, monestary was ok, scholo was horrible.