Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Or was new to the game then. Of course "lol doing it wrong" is a nice catch all phrase for the smug isn't it?
    Didn't the trinket only take like 2 weeks of dailies to grind? Maybe less if you won battles..?

I think every person in our guild had the trinket in 4.0, and whenever someone rerolled toons that was the first thing they made sure they started grinding. If you had the gear to tank DS, you should have had the time to grind the trinket, especially as a tank.

Deleted
    My group kills dissector > bloodseeker > locust > prime > poisonmind > manipulator > windreaver > swarmkeeper > lucid

We find that, even with 7-8 buffs, swarmkeepers aim is easily handled throughout the fight. The same goes for lucids firebeams, even if they sound scary at first thought.

The main thing is locust will be up with prime, so have people save cooldowns to make sure you burst the amber down. Then we pop timewarp to kill primes next amber as even with zero cooldowns we never see more than one of each mobs special abilities when we dps them. After that its just remember poison mind for red debuffed people to stay away, each blue person hug a yellow person in case blue is selected (if yellow just move out the zone). For Manipulator identify where the kuchong is, have the raid group up on the opposite side so a badly timed aim doesnt knock you into it.

It's actually so much easier than you'd think with the set order on live. Think we all get a little intimidated at first but once you get used to dealing with swarmkeepers aim (dont stack and make sure people dont get close to each other, better to have 5 people soak the beam than seven people who spread the sonic disc damage) its managable. Prime is the most brutal bit for tanks as vicious assault really really hurts even when the other tank taunts off the stunned tank. But generally once prime is down the abilities used by the remaining mobs will onyl be seen once and arent hard to deal with at all. The first few pulls will look very iffy but once you get the hang of the start the end becomes very simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Haha I did indeed, and I completely agree with you. Alas, it was the only example I could think of at short notice Prior to him there were no bosses I even had to think twice about the abilities of when I raid lead my guild. When it got to him suddenly there was a lot of stuff and I thought "whoa" before realising how most of it could be ignored. Sure there's a bunch more spells on Paragons but sooooo many of them can be ignored (especially how they interact with who is still alive) that it does boil down to pretty simple terms very quickly
    It's funny you say "who are alive" as I was thinking earlier how Paragon's becomes easier the more dead people there are. On our farm clear last night people weren't focused at all and we lost five to too many stacking for aim and a couple to other abilities (wasn't really paying attention either) and with only two tanks one healer and two dps alive all the other mechanics became almost completely ignorable lol

Off topic has anyone figured out what's bugging (excuse the pun) the armory for Paragons? 5 kills now and still not showing on armory. We've tried to start or end with a different paragon each week but still not showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Or was new to the game then. Of course "lol doing it wrong" is a nice catch all phrase for the smug isn't it?
    I was just refering to the "I had to farm for THIS fight".
    At least wartanks and paltanks have been farming this trinket during the whole expansion. Actually, T13 could have been relief since the trinket was no longer a pre-requisite (Yor'sajh HM was doable as a shield tank without this trinket and it was almost the only fight where the trinket was a BiS on this tier).
    I wasn't calling you out, sorry if I wasn't clear enough.
    Last edited by Senen; 2013-10-14 at 10:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Obviously you didnt get the point. Its not about the fight being hard or easy. Its about its accesability.

I know we wil lget the boss down. But i also know that half the raid group wont really ever undstand most of the fight
    Accessability? That way -------------------------------------------->Raidfinder/Flex

Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    So i'm the raidleader of a semi casual raiding guild.

Last wednesday we cleared all the way to SIegecrafter and we are going on him tonight. Knowing my group i think there is a good chance we will take him down and be on paragons tonight so i told my entire raid group to study up on that fight aswell.

Sitting down and looking through the dungeon journal for its abilities quickly had me shaking my head. I then went to watch the fatboss guide and i remember stopping at a specific point thinking "blizzard you seriously overdid it this time". The fact that there is 9 bosses with different abilities that come at different times and actually interact wit heach other differently is just to much imo.

I simply stopped watching the guide at the point where he started saying the abilities would interact differently with different bosses, sat back and asked myself if this shit was really worth it.

I realise that studying up for a boss is something thats good to do today for semi casual guilds as the bosses in general have a lot of abilities. But this is just to much of a chore. I simply refuse to sit down and use THAT much time to prepaire for a normal boss. this is not about the boss being hard. its simply about the boss having to many mechanics to be bothered with.

Blizzard you need to understand that having 200 mechanics in a fight does not make it more interesting.

I've allways hated these council type fights and i really hoped that with the 2nd boss in the raid we would have seen the council fight for this raid. I guess not.

/rant
    The problem here is you should not be a raid leader.

I sure as hell dont want Blizzard to dumb down innovative/interesting fights because inexperienced or poorly skilled raid leaders dont want to do anything more complex than usual.

Even Blizzard said in the recent video that if you look at the journal for this fight your 'head will explode' but that when you actually do it, it becomes pretty easily. People arent joking when they say you can explain a big chunk of the fight/journal by simply saying 'dont stand in stuff'.

The problem here is your negative attitude, not the fight itself.