Poll: Should it be buffed?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Do you think Kanrethad should be buffed each major patch?

I just completed the Green fire quest line. I wanted to do this on my lock since it came out, but I just leveled him to 90 this week. As hard and as frustrating as it was, Its seems like a huge accomplishment.

Now in order to keep this "unique" I believe it should be buffed each major patch to keep it that way. Its in no way affects the gameplay, its just cosmetic, so why not keep it a challenge to obtain it.

Deleted
    I agree 100%, buff it or scale it down.

Yeah, made an account just to reply.

Worked my ass off to master the fight. Was one of the few things in the game that felt like a real accomplishment to me. Would be disappointing if they didn't buff it and kinda just let anyone have it. Feel like it should only be given to those who are willing to make an effort to get it.

No.

I don't understand this mentality. Whether or not its green fire or nerfs to raid bosses.

Those of us who have had green fire for months now had it for quite a long time. We've had our moment in the sun where people see us and go "Woowww..." Who cares anymore? Who the fuck cares? Get over it and stop thinking like you're such a special snowflake. Its like arguing people shouldn't be able to go back and do Ulduar or *insert any other raid here* shouldn't be able to do it because they outgear it now.

Get over it and let people get if they want. I am SO sick of this crap.

I'd change the no option, I say no, but not because it's "to hard"

10+ Year Old Account
    The reward is cosmetic, and Blizzard seems to have put plenty of man-hours into it.

Hence, everyone should get it eventually. It's not Challenge Modes or Proving Grounds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maggoo View Post
    I'd change the no option, I say no, but not because it's "to hard"
    Oh, and, this. Very biassed poll you have there.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it should be buffed. It was a huge moment of achievement when I got it, it took me a month and 4k in repairs. It should stay challenging consistently through WoW's life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't buff it - just add the next step in the quest chain. There are still two more pairs of warlocks to be dealt with; who knows what they have discovered?

I see this a lot like the old Charger/Dreadsteed quests, which should have never been removed for us lore buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    No.

I don't understand this mentality. Whether or not its green fire or nerfs to raid bosses.

Those of us who have had green fire for months now had it for quite a long time. We've had our moment in the sun where people see us and go "Woowww..." Who cares anymore? Who the fuck cares? Get over it and stop thinking like you're such a special snowflake. Its like arguing people shouldn't be able to go back and do Ulduar or *insert any other raid here* shouldn't be able to do it because they outgear it now.

It's not about being a special green fire snowflake, it's about it staying a challenge. It shouldn't be just handed out to people, it should be a challenge to get like it is for every warlock right now. If Kanrethad was eventually be able to be 4 shot by some warlock next xpac, not only would that not be fair to every warlock in MoP that busted their ass to get it, but it would take away an actually good challenge that blizzard put in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mage of Rage View Post
    Don't buff it - just add the next step in the quest chain. There are still two more pairs of warlocks to be dealt with; who knows what they have discovered?

I see this a lot like the old Charger/Dreadsteed quests, which should have never been removed for us lore buffs.
    That'd be cool... I hope one of them makes it so our Dreadsteed can fly. Green fire flying dreadsteed would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Think we need to take a deep breath, and calm down
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

It's not about being a special green fire snowflake, it's about it staying a challenge. It shouldn't be just handed out to people, it should be a challenge to get like it is for every warlock right now. If Kanrethad was eventually be able to be 4 shot by some warlock next xpac, not only would that not be fair to every warlock in MoP that busted their ass to get it, but it would take away an actually good challenge that blizzard put in.
    Then should we just constantly be scaling every single dungeon and raid every expansion? Because this logic applies exactly the same in that way as it does with Kanrethad. Wailing Caverns and Deadmines needs to be cutting-edge content forever.

The Green Fire event was a Mists of Pandaria addition. It should stay as it was during Mists of Pandaria. The challenge was doing it when it was relevant. That should be enough for you, me, anybody. Otherwise you are exactly just wanting to be a special snowflake by seeking validation from others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Think we need to take a deep breath, and calm down
    The only worth in this comment is the humor from it that can be gained by the stereotypical "He disagrees so he must be upset" fallacy.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-10-13 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That'd be cool... I hope one of them makes it so our Dreadsteed can fly. Green fire flying dreadsteed would be awesome.
    Youve summed it up for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Then should we just constantly be scaling every single dungeon and raid every expansion? Because this logic applies exactly the same in that way as it does with Kanrethad. Wailing Caverns and Deadmines needs to be cutting-edge content forever.

The Green Fire event was a Mists of Pandaria addition. It should stay as it was during Mists of Pandaria.
    I see what youre saying and I get it. But its only available to warlocks. If it was something that all classes could do and get, I think maybe id feel different. But its not a necessity, its just something to work towards.

Why does it being a Warlock-only quest matter? I don't understand.

No, but a FoS should be granted, with appropriate title, for those who made it in actual gear it was designed for. Because why the hell not? Blizz are giving FoS's for those who completed normal modes while they were current... and warlock's green fire quest was harder than most of normal modes of this expansion. And why the hell should not we, the people who were not overgearing the challenge, want to stay special snowflakes? We earned this, god damn it. A title and a FoS is just enough to have as a reward for our countless wipes.
    Last edited by l33t; 2013-10-13 at 08:10 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he should be buffed, I think your gear should scale down to the appropriate level like with challenge modes. For decently skilled warlocks he'd still be doable with 483~ ilevel as that's what I beat him with in only a handful of attempts, and I'm far from the best warlock. Having gear that's far above the content completely trivializes the fight. I'm not usually one to want to keep things "difficult" to preserve some imagined sense of accomplishment, but in this case I really think that in order for a warlock to get green fire they should have to show some knowledge of their class, which you do NOT have to do if you have gear that far exceeds what was available when green fire was implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    No, but a FoS should be granted, with appropriate title, for those who made it in actual gear it was designed for.
    I'd find this to be an acceptable compromise really. "Ahead of the Curve: Green Fire!" - Doesn't even really need a title or anything to go with it.

10+ Year Old Account

The Green Fire event was a Mists of Pandaria addition. It should stay as it was during Mists of Pandaria. The challenge was doing it when it was relevant. That should be enough for you, me, anybody. Otherwise you are exactly just wanting to be a special snowflake by seeking validation from others.

No, that's slippery slope. Those are actual dungeons that any class can do and drop loot, gold, etc. Green fire is just cosmetic and is for just warlocks, it doesn't affect raid progression, it doesn't affect gearing, it doesn't affect leveling... it's a challenge for all warlocks atm for something cool and cosmetic. It shouldn't be handed out, it should be earned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    No.

I'm sick of the crap that says that if you want to wait a tier or an entire expansion and do it easy mode then you can. Certain things should be challenging. This is one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I don't think he should be buffed, I think your gear should scale down to the appropriate level like with challenge modes. For decently skilled warlocks he'd still be doable with 483~ ilevel as that's what I beat him with in only a handful of attempts, and I'm far from the best warlock. Having gear that's far above the content completely trivializes the fight. I'm not usually one to want to keep things "difficult" to preserve some imagined sense of accomplishment, but in this case I really think that in order for a warlock to get green fire they should have to show some knowledge of their class, which you do NOT have to do if you have gear that far exceeds what was available when green fire was implemented.
    I agree with this, this is a good option as well.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    No, that's slippery slope. Those are actual dungeons that any class can do and drop loot, gold, etc. Green fire is just cosmetic and is for just warlocks, it doesn't affect raid progression, it doesn't affect gearing, it doesn't affect leveling... it's a challenge for all warlocks atm for something cool and cosmetic. It shouldn't be handed out, it should be earned.
    Do you actually understand what a slippery slope argument is? Because I'm not even making one. Whether or not something affects raid progression or gearing is irrelevant. The argument made was "It should be a challenge to get (or do/accomplish)."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    I'm sick of the crap that says that if you want to wait a tier or an entire expansion and do it easy mode then you can. Certain things should be challenging. This is one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923
    See above.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    No, but a FoS should be granted, with appropriate title, for those who made it in actual gear it was designed for.
    I think this is probably the best option. Getting it done before MoP ends gives you the FoS and title. Maybe something like "of the Black Harvest."

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you actually understand what a slippery slope argument is? Because I'm not even making one. Whether or not something affects raid progression or gearing is irrelevant. The argument made was "It should be a challenge to get (or do/accomplish)."

- - - Updated - - -

See above.
    You said "Then should we just constantly be scaling every single dungeon and raid every expansion? Because this logic applies exactly the same in that way as it does with Kanrethad. Wailing Caverns and Deadmines needs to be cutting-edge content forever." in response to people saying that Kanrethad should be kept challenging. That's slippery slope fallacy.