[Resto] Trinket choices

Hey there, so i got two new trinkets in tonight's raid those being the normal versions of Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia and Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity.

Now before hand i was using swapping between two regen trinkets (Valor talisman +30k mana & normal Horridon's last grasp) and the flexi version of Prismatic Prision of Pride.

My initial plan is to use the siegecrafter trinket for the base intellect and mana regen but for the second trinket im not so sure. The flex trinket is a nice stats boost & intellect proc. I used Nazgrims trinket for 2-3 kills tonight and it done like 2-4% of my total healing, which isn't too bad but nothing special or should i just reforge out of some spirit and go for two regen trinkets again, new siegecrafter one and HLG / Valor trink?

Deleted
    I would say use Dysmorphic and PPP if ur going with 13k hbp. Nazgrims can be nice but i would say the stats boost from PPP is going to be better even the flexi version

Quote Originally Posted by Zuvembi View Post
    I would say use Dysmorphic and PPP if ur going with 13k hbp. Nazgrims can be nice but i would say the stats boost from PPP is going to be better even the flexi version
    Yeah thats my thought's exactly. I'm at the 13163 BP aswell so the boost from the stats helps towards that aswell so i can reforge into some more mastery, and the int proc from Nazgrims is only 10 secs and could happen at times when not really needed.

Nazgrim is kind of neat, but its value is seriously undermined by the uselessness of the intellect proc. If it had static intellect or something else actually useful to go along with the multistrike effect (which is really quite nice), it would be a solid trinket, but the way it is... meh. Just another case of horrible healer trinket design.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Nazgrim is kind of neat, but its value is seriously undermined by the uselessness of the intellect proc. If it had static intellect or something else actually useful to go along with the multistrike effect (which is really quite nice), it would be a solid trinket, but the way it is... meh. Just another case of horrible healer trinket design.
    Yup, i agree entirely. thats one of the reasons why i kinda didnt want to use it. Int for 10 secs and random times its rather rubbish. Even if it was on use it would be slightly better.

It really depends on the fights, but i would personally use Siegecrafter trinket & Sha Prismatic Prison most of the time (having tree up or during a hard healing phase with the int proc is nice or starting a fight with prison proc and HoTW / prepot int potion to dps) but not on all fights.

The nazgrim trinket is nothing to sniff at though if you find your regen is more than optimal for a particular fight or healing setup (I went double throughput trinkets when healing with a resto shaman with mana tide for example or when a shadow priest hymn + disc priest hymn were available) especially when i've had 25-30% uptime on Nazgrims int proc with 3-5% healing from the multistrike proc.

Quote Originally Posted by craigp100 View Post
    ...especially when i've had 25-30% uptime on Nazgrims int proc with 3-5% healing from the multistrike proc.
    25-30% is an extreme case, though. More realistically, you're going to be around 15-20%. And judging by logs, rarely when I actually have any use for it.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Thank you for putting this thread together!