WW pvp is RJW better than xuen?

I heard of a better way to burst using RJW in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1k4IvgA2cQ

i know xuen does alot of dmg but RJW is on a 6s cooldown so its just passive consistent dmg especially with Tiger eye brew.

what do you guys think?

Probably very weapon dependant as it does shit low dps in pvp with 498 weapons

2s vs healer teams or rbgs for flag spinning

15+ Year Old Account
    You can actually time it fairly well if you have Ascension as well since you can TeB -> RJW -> Leg Sweep -> Chi Wave -> RSK -> Fists of Fury. But since RJW does ~20k damage every tick, it's constant damage while it's up So in addition to the damage from your other abilities it's on top of what your doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    You can actually time it fairly well if you have Ascension as well since you can TeB -> RJW -> Leg Sweep -> Chi Wave -> RSK -> Fists of Fury
    how much haste/energy regen do you need if I run with Ascension?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    0 haste. you need 0 energy regen. you need 40 energy and 5 chi to do the combo just stack chi beforehand

also you need a spoon to eat your cereals

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a whole lot. Ascension is used to have 5 Chi (RSK = 2 Chi, FoF = 3 Chi). The combo that was described in the video is a burst dps. Such that you are at 4 chi, Pop TeB -> RJW you are now at 5 Chi and then Leg Sweep, Chi Wave, RSK and finally Fists of Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    0 haste. you need 0 energy regen. you need 40 energy and 5 chi to do the combo just stack chi beforehand

also you need a spoon to eat your cereals
    i meant consistently like back to back... how much do i need for the rotation to become smooth?

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Not a whole lot. Ascension is used to have 5 Chi (RSK = 2 Chi, FoF = 3 Chi). The combo that was described in the video is a burst dps. Such that you are at 4 chi, Pop TeB -> RJW you are now at 5 Chi and then Leg Sweep, Chi Wave, RSK and finally Fists of Fury.
    now that is wrong. make sure you have 5 chi to do the combo unless you have 3 targets around so that RJW generate a chi

i meant consistently like back up back... how much do i need for the rotation to become smooth?
    Haste isn't that big of a deal, you can't make it back to back as you have to wait for cooldowns (fist of fury, RSK and TeB stacks) Crit would provide a better burst than haste for the combo.

PVP is filled with abilities that cost little to no energy to stay on target and I don't believe stacking haste is the best way to go. Try it out yourself in game you'll see, nobody agrees how much haste in pve imagine pvp.
    Last edited by Damax; 2013-10-13 at 11:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    now that is wrong. make sure you have 5 chi to do the combo unless you have 3 targets around so that RJW generate a chi
    You're right. Completely forgot about the 3 target requirement. Still having 5 chi before running that would but required. even then if you started at 1-3 chi, you can throw in Jab after the RSK and start your FoF since the stun should be wearing off at this point. Which actually this would not require Ascension, just enough to Jab after RSK and into a FoF.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-10-13 at 11:27 PM.

How much haste/energy regen should have to be able to use RJW* regularly while still having enough for jab to get chi?

edited rsk to rjw
    Last edited by SuperomegaOP; 2013-10-13 at 11:33 PM.

also hina said: TeB -> RJW -> Leg Sweep -> Chi Wave -> RSK -> Fists of Fury

I would suggest (DEPENDING ON YOUR TEAM SETUP AND SITUATIONS) flying serpent kick/disable -> Disable (root) -> RJW -> Chi wave -> RSK -> fists of fury

Using Hina's strategy you waste the fists of fury stun and incur a second stack of diminishing return which isn't necessary, it also allows you to Leg sweep enemy healer instead

Flying serpent kick ¨-> disable will root providing you JUST enough time to do RJW , Chi wave, RSK and fist of fury be sure to be as close as possible to him while doing RSK and fists of fury so that your fists hits him at the end of the root and that he eats all the damage!

like I said earlier 0 haste is sufficient if you don't waste all your chi on black out kick and pool your chi. Ascension is a pretty good energy boost by itself.

The combo is even more effective if you can get 1 RSK on the target before doing it and make sure you have tiger palm buff
    Last edited by Damax; 2013-10-13 at 11:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    again not a whole lot if you are even at 0 haste, that means you generate 10 energy per second. You may have to wait a fraction of a second to jab before you can go into a FoF if you went with my order.

also hina said: TeB -> RJW -> Leg Sweep -> Chi Wave -> RSK -> Fists of Fury

I would suggest (DEPENDING ON YOUR TEAM SETUP AND SITUATIONS) flying serpent kick/disable -> Disable (root) -> RJW -> Chi wave -> RSK -> fists of fury

Using Hina's strategy you waste the fists of fury stun and incur a second stack of diminishing return which isn't necessary, it also allows you to Leg sweep enemy healer instead

Flying serpent kick ¨-> disable will root providing you JUST enough time to do RJW , Chi wave, RSK and fist of fury be sure to be as close as possible to him while doing RSK and fists of fury so that your fists hits him at the end of the root and that he eats all the damage!

like I said earlier 0 haste is sufficient if you don't waste all your chi on black out kick and pool your chi. Ascension is a pretty good energy boost by itself.

The combo is even more effective if you can get 1 RSK on the target before doing it and make sure you have tiger palm buff
    why do rsk after chi wave and rjw? wouldnt you want that 20% dmg on those as well(including auto atks before fof)

why do rsk after chi wave and rjw? wouldnt you want that 20% dmg on those as well(including auto atks before fof)
    you want to get that 20% dmg before all the combo. RSK --> tiger palm/(dance around for 4 sec)/get 5 chi-> flying serpent kick/disable -> Disable (root) -> RJW -> Chi wave -> RSK(comes of cooldown) -> fists of fury

You do CHI wave and RJW so that they do the damage while you are bursting with RSK and fists of fury
    Last edited by Damax; 2013-10-13 at 11:48 PM.

you want to get that 20% dmg before all the combo. RSK --> tiger palm/(dance around for 4 sec)/get 5 chi-> flying serpent kick/disable -> Disable (root) -> RJW -> Chi wave -> RSK(comes of cooldown) -> fists of fury

You do CHI wave and RJW so that they do the damage while you are bursting with RSK and fists of fury
    ah ok that makes better sense.