Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Nope, not the first time:
    http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...109_141145.jpg

And before you say "well that's different, that's based on Starcraft", well guess what, the new Murloc is based on Diablo.
    Yea but my point was that this pet has gear similar to what you would find in WoW and in fact looks like the murloc is wearing it, not just part of the model itself (if that makes sense).

The fact that it looked pretty cool in WoW/D3 style armour got me thinking about them being a race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    Only if theyre jinyu id say.
    They didn't do anything for me. They just look like night elves with strange heads.

I wanted Murclocs to be playable since Vanilla. My stance has not changed. Give me Murlocs..... FOR THE HORDE!!!!

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks. Murlocs aren't really intelligent, and only have tribal instincts. Jinyu seem like a viable option for Alliance because they are extremely wise and sage-like, and they look cool. Besides, constant 'rwlrwlrwl' sounds would drive me mad.
    By the way, if Ogres did become playable for Horde, they'd have a problem-they talk in short sentences and sound stupid. I'd like to see Ogres given some intelligence, much like the ones from Ogri'la who became enlightened through apexis crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by flavourcat54 View Post
    No thanks. Murlocs aren't really intelligent, and only have tribal instincts. Jinyu seem like a viable option for Alliance because they are extremely wise and sage-like, and they look cool. Besides, constant 'rwlrwlrwl' sounds would drive me mad.
    By the way, if Ogres did become playable for Horde, they'd have a problem-they talk in short sentences and sound stupid. I'd like to see Ogres given some intelligence, much like the ones from Ogri'la who became enlightened through apexis crystals.
    rwlrwlrwl rwlrwlrwl rwlrwlrwl rwlrwlrwl urghrallga rwlrwlrwl rwlrwlrwl

Give it 5mins and you will be dribbling! I would love it though as I love Murlocs the slimy little buggers.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
    I know what you are thinking and I usually hate these threads as well (but not this one because its mine).

I was looking at the Murkalot video and the way that they have the armour fitting his body and the overall awesomeness of the model in general got me thinking. I know one pet is not any evidence at all, but he seems to have a lot of detail for a simple companion pet. The armour fits perfectly with his features (which are plentiful on this model) which gave me the feeling that they have done some recent work on murlocs in general. Something about

Even if there is no chance at all I think its a fun discussion. Would you play a Murloc class if it existed? Would you be excited to play a little Murloc with a sword and a shield? or perhaps a Murloc mage? What type of fish would you want to look like? colours? pattern? what fin would you have?

I am not asking if you think they will be the next, I am only asking if you think they could and if you would like it.
    Highly unlikely. Blizzard are just great at making new models. Just look at the Hex frog, that thing has more detail than all teh vanilla races put together.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    rwlrwlrwl rwlrwlrwl rwlrwlrwl rwlrwlrwl urghrallga rwlrwlrwl rwlrwlrwl

Give it 5mins and you will be dribbling! I would love it though as I love Murlocs the slimy little buggers.
    Oh, I do like them. In moderation. There's this funny youtube video of a murloc song you might like:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Yeah. The cow people, wolf people, space goats and midgets of various colours were fine. But Panda people? Too far.
    Maybe some people got tired of animal races. Personally, i've learned to love just the cow people. Wolf people, space goats and midget of various colours i dislike to this day, and i am Alliance.
    So i'd say that, for someone, pandas were indeed too far.

Oh, I do like them. In moderation. There's this funny youtube video of a murloc song you might like:
    Oh my XD. Thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
    I am only asking if you think they could and if you would like it.
    Yes. And no, not in the slightest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually... Blizzard once said that Murloc won't be a playable race, so you have your answer

Deleted
    Horde Murlocs, Alliance Jinyu. My personal vote for Azshara expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerOnly View Post
    These kinds of statements are one day going to cause my eyes to roll so far back into my head that I'll be able to see backwards in time, I swear.
    You're telling me this isn't the silliest thing you've ever seen?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My jaw dropped open. Why was this not done 7 years ago!?

Now I'm gonna be singing that all during work.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2013-10-14 at 03:37 PM.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Probably not. I love Murlocs as much as the next guy but they are simply too stupid to be a player race. The Jinyu, who are Murlocs evolved in the waters of the vale, would be a viable option.

So while I don't think they could...IF they could, they'd be pretty cool.
    Yeah, i think the hozens for the horde and the jinyu for the alliance is more likely than the murlocs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by suppuration View Post
    Yeah, i think the hozens for the horde and the jinyu for the alliance is more likely than the murlocs
    Please, no hozen! They're immature and roll on each other's poop. Plus they're extremely short lived as a race.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    Please, no hozen! They're immature and roll on each other's poop. Plus they're extremely short lived as a race.
    Bah, they're the perfect Horde race!
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Bah, they're the perfect Horde race!
    How's Theramore Isle these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    You're telling me this isn't the silliest thing you've ever seen?

In wow nope, that'd be all the poo quests! Talking bears cows pigmen and fish people going rarrahghghghghghgllllll are part of the game some of them since wc3!

Doubt it, the race just doesn't seem well fitted for all the different armor / models (much like furbolg, or naga) unlike pandarens.

Possible? Sure. Would I like it? HELL YES!