Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    TL;DR

    No

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    2 panda bears fighting martial arts in a china-like land and you trying to convince me that the design is different ? what do you mean? the size of the ears or the
    color of thier eyes? ...yeah, its so totaly different design.

    edit:
    oh and one more thing i just noticed unintentionally, all the pandarens i showed are blizz NPCs and not players,
    can you see that even blizzard default design of the panderans consist of two brown eye patches on a white face with
    two brown ears...just like your "PO" ?
    Yes, because patches around the eyes aren't like a real panda at all, so obviously they copied a kids movie instead of the look of a panda. Design is so much more than looks, but if face value is all you mean, then Pandaren look a hell of a lot less cartoony than Kung Fu Panda.

    They both use fighting stances and training techniques that exist in the real world, that is hardly copying from Kung Fu Panda and more like copying an overall ancient China theme that actually existed. Are there some references and other likenesses to Kung Fu Panda? Of course, they reference all manner of pop culture. Did Blizzard copy a kids movie? Fuck no. As a vast majority, the Pandaren do not behave or speak like Kung Fu Panda. They are far more serious in story and nature than KFP could will ever possibly be.

    Gnomes have a basis in myth and folklore, sure, but did they have the hairstyles and colors like they do in WoW? Cause a pink mo shaped in the style of a 1930's villain sure as hell isn't silly looking is it. Elements of silly existed in WoW long before MoP.

    I ask you seriously, purely because I want to know, can you honestly not make out the differences between Pandaren and Kung Fu Panda?
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    2 panda bears fighting martial arts in a china-like land and you trying to convince me that the design is different ? what do you mean? the size of the ears or the
    color of thier eyes? ...yeah, its so totaly different design.

    edit:
    oh and one more thing i just noticed unintentionally, all the pandarens i showed are blizz NPCs and not players,
    can you see that even blizzard default design of the panderans consist of two brown eye patches on a white face with
    two brown ears...just like your "PO" ?
    Yes, that's exactly what i'm talking about. Proportions make huge differences in overall look. Po has huge eyes, but tiny ears, hands and feet. Pandaren have much less prominent eyes, but far bigger hands, feet and ears and a more pronounced head structure.

    All of the common points you list where set by the setting. Panda based humanoids in a chinese setting are going to have these features, no matter where you go from there.

    Po is a blob of fat, while pandaren have clearly defined muscles.

    Details like this make massive differences in overall look and feel and are vastly different designs. Po was made for kids and comedy, Pandaren weren't.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    Yes, because patches around the eyes aren't like a real panda at all, so obviously they copied a kids movie instead of the look of a panda. Design is so much more than looks, but if face value is all you mean, then Pandaren look a hell of a lot less cartoony than Kung Fu Panda.

    They both use fighting stances and training techniques that exist in the real world, that is hardly copying from Kung Fu Panda and more like copying an overall ancient China theme that actually existed. Are there some references and other likenesses to Kung Fu Panda? Of course, they reference all manner of pop culture. Did Blizzard copy a kids movie? Fuck no. As a vast majority, the Pandaren do not behave or speak like Kung Fu Panda. They are far more serious in story and nature than KFP could will ever possibly be.

    Gnomes have a basis in myth and folklore, sure, but did they have the hairstyles and colors like they do in WoW? Cause a pink mo shaped in the style of a 1930's villain sure as hell isn't silly looking is it. Elements of silly existed in WoW long before MoP.

    I ask you seriously, purely because I want to know, can you honestly not make out the differences between Pandaren and Kung Fu Panda?
    if blizz made the pandarens look like that in the game i might not argue with you:




    but since the pandarens end up like this.... :



    which is closer to thise :



    i cant agree with you.

    the main general themes of the xpac and movie is : martial arts panda bears in a china-land zone .
    every other arguments such as lore , minor looks features and speach etc is Redundant.

  5. #105
    Accounting for drawing style, that 3D model looks exactly like the guys in the back in the second picture with slightly different uniform, but nothing at all like Po.

    Not sure what you're trying to prove there.

    Also, the theme of MoP is "Horde and Alliance wreak havoc in Martial Arts Panda's China-land". Know your topic before you start deriding others for getting it wrong.
    Last edited by huth; 2013-10-15 at 12:18 PM.

  6. #106
    Bloodsail Admiral Horrid Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Razstah View Post
    As if Blizzard didn't damage WoW's reputation enough with adding pandas.
    What's wrong with Pandaren compared to Dreanei (goats), Tauren (cows) and Worgen (wolfs)?
    What is worth fighting for?

  7. #107
    I hope the next playable race will be one that looks evil, badass and big. We just had pandas who look friendly and funny so now it is time for a more evil/darker looking race.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    the main general themes of the xpac and movie is : martial arts panda bears in a china-land zone .
    every other arguments such as lore , minor looks features and speach etc is Redundant.
    Like huth said the theme is conflict between Horde and Alliance. Saying that it is about kung fu pandas is like saying that TBC was about space goats and Cataclysm about talking wolfs. Pandarens are not making WoW silly because funny and comedic elements (even though Pandaren lore and various questlines are not 'silly' at all) were in it from the start.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Po is a blob of fat, while pandaren have clearly defined muscles.
    Details like this make massive differences in overall look and feel and are vastly different designs. Po was made for kids and comedy, Pandaren weren't.
    if you perceive pandaren muscles the same way Chen stormstaut does then you are trully lost my friend...

    "Chen Stormstout says: Why would I want to feel skinny? Size is strength."
    "Chen Stormstout says: Look at Xiao over there. He understands the value of a big belly."

    The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing...

    if i wont defend my beloved franchise since 1993 from becoming one big dancing studio game - thats exactly how it will end up...

    cya Tomorrow ..

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    Oh?





    whos the blind now?
    who are you ppl anyways?
    why are you trying to kindergarten my beloved franchise since 1994?

    taurens and gnomes have roots in myths and folklore stories all the way back to the ancient Greek / Roman / Norse mythology...
    they all came in wow 1.0 in a selection of 8 races...

    please get out of my game with your dance studio / murloc / pandaren / fishman / talking monkeys playable races dilution suggestions...
    Your game?

    "Give us MONEY, Goddammit!!!" -Xbox One

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    if you perceive pandaren muscles the same way Chen stormstaut does then you are trully lost my friend...
    None of what Chen says collides with that. It does show the limits of your knowledge, though.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    please get out of my game with your dance studio / murloc / pandaren / fishman / talking monkeys playable races dilution suggestions...
    Good sir, we've had talking monkeys ever since the first Warcraft, if you get the picture.

  13. #113
    Murlocs aren't unintelligent. They're descended from gorlocs, and gorlocs are at least as intelligent as ogres. They have a primitive culture, but so do several other races which are either playable or consistently show up in polls. Furthermore, the druid studying the murloc camp in Borean Tundra holds the opinion that they're on an intellectual level with any of the more civilized races. The primary factor in the perception that they're stupid is the fact that almost all of them speak only Nerglish. Rest assured, that gargling noise they make when they attack is a structured language, not some animal sound.

    I wouldn't object to seeing them playable at some point, or be surprised. They're the closest thing WoW has to a mascot race.

  14. #114
    Pretty sure it is so.

  15. #115
    Well I don't know what your smoking if you think the Pandaren model doesn't look like the animated Pandaren. A Pandaren's head/face looks nothing like Po at all. The structure is completely different. Yeah, they both have black around their eyes, but that's a panda thing in general, not a Po thing they stole. Lore and story does apply, it helps set the tone alongside the visual.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

  16. #116
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,805
    Given the new models for Vanilla races, I doubt we're going to be getting any new races for quite awhile.

  17. #117
    Im not saying that blizzard would add them but im saying its not impossible. The goblins that we all know to be a pretty intelligent race started off no better then murlocs. They where the equivalent to the kobolds and where slaves to trolls, being forced to mine kajamite the goblins intellect grew though because Kajamite does that sort of thing. What I'm saying is maybe! A goblin cargo ship might hit a ice burg or giant murloc reef or something carrying a load of kajamite or in the goblins commercial form "Kaja Cola" releasing this into a large Murloc reef/ city might alter them and give them higher intelligence. This would solve the problem of people not taking them seriously, and keeping around the cute gullible mrrgglgl murlocs that some people love. It would simply be the equivalent between Alliance Worgen and Feral Worgen.

    And perhaps some starting quests would be Murlocs swarming the wrecked ship of the goblins because they think their under attack. They could join the alliance or, they could start being employed by the goblins as deep sea miners or something and join the horde. Im probly thinking to much into this but its 100% possible that Blizzard could pull this off!

    - - - Updated - - -

    also the pandaren where a part of Warcraft lore way before "Kung Fu Panda" came out if I remember correctly.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    Good sir, we've had talking monkeys ever since the first Warcraft, if you get the picture.
    Sure, if you believe in that Titanless evolution crap. Humans were created in the image of the Titans! Also some other guys were too, sort of.

    Anyway, I'd rather have naga as a sea dwelling race.

  19. #119
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
    I am not asking if you think they will be the next, I am only asking if you think they could and if you would like it.
    No.

    Jinyu? Possibly. Murlocs? no. They are kind of an iconic race for WoW, which is why they get used for the pets like this. So they won't be playable.

    EJL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •