Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    I dont want to tank. Period.
    No matter what classes and class/spec Combos you offer me i will NOT tank.

So no, your idea wont work if People tend to be like me. Sure i am not an archetype and there will be some People you catch offguard with such an incentive, but i hardly guess it wont be lots of.

In Addition i wouldnt even want my class to be able to tank, cause then People would brag me into tanking.

The real question is: Why dont People want to tank?

I can only answer that for myself and i will:

- for me personally tanking Comes with too much of responsibility mixed with too less of a fun factor.
    You can srew up, which mostly leads to a total screwup -> wipe.
    You can do fine, which mostly leads to a normal run without much Problems and bosses falling over quite fast.
    But you cant really do good or exceptional.
    Well ok actually you can be exeptional but not really in a measurable way.
    There is no meter available telling you that you ROCKED this one right now.
    You gotta make up for that yourself, like thinking
    "Damn those adds that spawned, i had them right away and DD´s could kill em withing seconds due to that!"

Imagine two tanks arguing over the fact who is the better tank (Player wise, not class). One says:
    "We killed the bosses, noone besides me had aggro and noone died"

How do you beat that? Or rather compare that?
    By noone dying to aggro while maintaining 5k more dps? Even if, are you better then? Or maybe just more luck with crits or getting hit for more revenge.
    Peopme tend to not like peens you cant compare properly.
    There are ways to compare tanks. Less damage taken, more damage done, etc. I have everything on my Skada set up for this (Skada for Tanks from Curse, just an extra few Skada meters). World of logs is great too; me and my guildies who are tanks (4 in total, a warrior, Druid, monk, and myself, another warrior) frequently go through logs to help determine if we can make ourselves better (better defensive/cooldowns usage, etc).

It's the same with DPS and heals. Sure, you could go by "who did the most DPS," but I'd rather have the guy who did 195k but had 50% of his DPS on the adds killing the healers than the 220k guy who tunneled the boss. More often than not, adds are more of a priority than the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    It's the same with DPS and heals. Sure, you could go by "who did the most DPS," but I'd rather have the guy who did 195k but had 50% of his DPS on the adds killing the healers than the 220k guy who tunneled the boss. More often than not, adds are more of a priority than the boss.
    It's usually the same people who spam /R with Skada reports after a wipe gloating how great they are and how everyone else sucks completely oblivious that they're heavily contributed to wiping (Nazgrim comes to mind....).

It's not just the queues the actual runs take over 1 maybe even 2+ hours to complete for just 4 bosses. They need to make some big changes to make it actually work for the group they are targetting. I believe a dev mentioned something about doing LFR during your lunchbreak? When I heard that from Ion and Greg I just burst out laughing. LFR is almost never like that. Maybe there's a couple good groups rolling on Tuesdays but the rest of the time it's literally the most painful raiding experience I've ever had playing the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Like part one for example I did late in the week and people just dropping after every boss. Tanks wait like 10 minutes just to pull a boss staring at it. just unreal... 2-3 wipes on every boss even immerseus. What job has a lunch break that allows you to complete even a single wing of LFR...

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    It's usually the same people who spam /R with Skada reports after a wipe gloating how great they are and how everyone else sucks completely oblivious that they're heavily contributed to wiping (Nazgrim comes to mind....).
    I'm a very competitive person. I enjoy perfecting my gameplay/gear/etc to pump out all the DPS I can and be on the top of those charts. Being lost in the middle somewhere is never acceptable for me (while properly executing the fight, of course).

With that said, the douchebags to which you're referring are rarely competitive on a real level. There's no sense of pride and responsibility involved in their gloating. They're the type of person that has no handicap, but goes to the special olympics to outperform those involved.

I don't spam meters, it's stupid. People can see what I'm doing no problem, most of them have meters. I don't gloat or talk shit to other people, because I don't perform to toot my own horn, I perform because it's part of who I am. If I do post meters, it's probably in a whisper to someone who's competing with me on a competitive, friendly level and vice/versa.

If you're good, you're good, and everyone can see it. But nobody will resepect you for winning the special olympics with no handicap when you keep throwing it in their face. They'll just come back and tell you exactly how bad you really are.

I have a better solution add a tank spec to all classes. How it sounds you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    Many arguments have been made for and against this in the last 30 pages.

Welcome to the thread.

Deleted
    Like a total failure - look what happened when they started out distributing Bloodlust to multiple classes.

LFR will get better after this or next week by virtue that Garrosh is finally here and those people who only want to see the final tier boss die before unsubbing and returning when the next content drops (they dont gem, enchant, reforge, learn mechanics or give a shit). They will go back to the games they actually want to play and the competancy in LFR will go way up for a couple of months.

But people complaining about 45 minute queues must remember a different LFR game than I do, 45 min queues have been the norm since cataclysm. If you want to jump straight to the front of the queue then make some friends that are healers and tanks. People talk a lot of crap about how LFR ruined the community but the fact is there are advantages in socializing on your server, you can skip queues and for every single person you know from your server it is one less asshat AFK or incompetent player in your LFR group. I have seen people using trade and general chat to form up server LFR groups and they have been very successful.They get as many as possible from server before going in. The only thing stopping people from developing their own community is that they are not forced to do so.

Imo the benefits of signing as tank (faster queue, more impact on how the run actually goes, sometimes even an exciting bag) far outweighs the risk of being flamed. Just be good enough to know when people are wrongly accusing you of shit, because 9/10 times people just need someone to vent their frustration on and if you dont have a dps meter its hard to pinpoint a dps compared to a tank. Seems like everyone in here at least agrees that everyone else in lfr are frustrated children, so I cant understand why you let them get to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Like a total failure - look what happened when they started out distributing Bloodlust to multiple classes.
    How on earth is that an example of a failure? Adding Time Warp and Ancient Hysteria to the game was a great move on their part. Not to mention the flawed comparison, unless you're saying that use of that cooldown has decreased or stayed the same, which would be completely false.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    You miss the point... You should read at least e few posts in thread before posting.

The real problem is majority dont want to tank anymore because it's just not fun! As a heal or dps you can chill and have fun, chat with others. You can make some mistakes but it's ok if you're at least decent. Sadly, a tank should be just perfect! He cannot have fun, he must work hard and he cannot make a single little mistake because people notice and let him know how bad he is. That's the problem! I dont want to tank either in LFR.
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    You miss the point... You should read at least e few posts in thread before posting.

The real problem is majority dont want to tank anymore because it's just not fun! As a heal or dps you can chill and have fun, chat with others. You can make some mistakes but it's ok if you're at least decent. Sadly, a tank should be just perfect! He cannot have fun, he must work hard and he cannot make a single little mistake because people notice and let him know how bad he is. That's the problem! I dont want to tank either in LFR.
    LMAO

Here is perfection ->> -----
    Here is the level of skill required to tank an LFR ->> -----
    Here is where at least half of the tanks in LFR actually are ->> -----

Quote Originally Posted by Hrungne View Post
    Imo the benefits of signing as tank (faster queue, more impact on how the run actually goes, sometimes even an exciting bag) far outweighs the risk of being flamed. Just be good enough to know when people are wrongly accusing you of shit, because 9/10 times people just need someone to vent their frustration on and if you dont have a dps meter its hard to pinpoint a dps compared to a tank. Seems like everyone in here at least agrees that everyone else in lfr are frustrated children, so I cant understand why you let them get to you.
    On about half of my LFR runs as a tank, I just feel exhausted from having to drag the group through the instance. It's not fun.

I've got 10 LFR macros on my tank, most of them /rw. Things like /rw FOCUS SKULL, /rw STOP DPS ON BOSS, and /rw KILL THE ADDS!!!!. So I have those keybinds on top of all my tanking keybinds. I often will have to absolutely spam the /rw macro (like hit it 10 times) and still people will be DPSing the wrong target, not killing adds, etc.

It just get exhausting most of the time.

Now of course there are good runs that make me feel better, but it seems they are few and far between these days.

Compare that to my flex runs where I'm pugging with my tank. The raid has a leader, the people pay attention to their responsibilities, and I can just tank and be part of the raid (as opposed to dragging the raid to victory). Oh, and it drops 540 ilvl gear too!

So why am I running LFR? . . . . I'm not anymore on any of my tanks (paly and warrior).
    "I don't always play my warlock, but when I do, I prefer destruction."
    - The Most Interesting Player in the World . . . of Warcraft

Enough classes can be tanks to mean it shouldn't be a class problem.

Tanks:

Warrior
    Paladin
    Death Knight
    Druid
    Monk

Healers:
    Priest
    Druid
    Shaman
    Paladin
    Monk

Yet a raid requires only TWO tanks but SEVEN healers. If the shortage was because of classes, then it would effect healers more than tanks.

If there is a problem with DPS queuing 45 mins for a raid, then I'm not sure it is a problem Blizzard can easily fix, except for making it attractive and lucrative for geared tanks to do 'old content'.

Heres a few simple reasons:
    1) THE TANK MUST KNOW TACTICS: It is expected that both tanks know the tactics for each and every fight. To a large degree it doesn't matter if healers don't know the tactics as long as they heal, or DPS know the tactics as long as they DPS. There is more onus on a tank to know what he is doing.

Notice a trend where wipes happen a lot in LFR? It is on fights which require even DPS and Healers to know boss-specific tactics.

2) THE TANK MUST BE GOOD AT LEADING: In a lot of LFRs the tank is the one that leads the way. Yes some raids linear, but sometimes you have a room full of trash and 'the route which we always take when doing this raid' is not obvious, and people get nervous if they don't know it themselves. What trash is usually skipped? Will people shout and moan if I do it wrong?

3) YOU ARE IN THE SPOTLIGHT: Random DPS barely get noticed unless they do something terribly wrong or afk. Same with healers. With tanks you are in the spotlight. Everyone knows who is tanking and all eyes are on you whilst you are doing it. People get worried about making mistakes, but it is made even worse for tanks because you are in the spotlight and if you cock up everybody knows about it. If you aren't confident, this can be very off putting.

I'm sure there are other reasons as well but if you look at what I've listed, the reason people don't queue as Tanks is because of SOCIAL FACTORS, which is nothing Blizzard can change.

Tanks need to know the boss mechanics because ultimately its them who are positioning bosses and reacting to a lot of what happens. Tanks need to be good leaders and be able to handle being in the spotlight. Not everyone is cut out for this - especially in the toxic environment of LFR. It is much easier to tag along as DPS or Healer and not really understand the tactics, and just fade into the background.

The only way we are going to get more tanks in LFR is either a) bribery or b) a complete rework of the necessity of a tanking role in LFR. Or of couse c) DPS just have to learn to deal with it.

I say this as someone who always does LFR as a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Group wipes and tank makes one mistake or zero mistakes, they are put up for vote kick almost immediately. DPS who are AFK or putting out sub 40k DPS are never kicked and if anyone calls them out, they band together and vote kick that person. So why would anyone want to ever tank in LFR for these worthless people? I made the call when LFR came out that I'd never tank it considering the way the worthless players verbally abuse tanks trying to learn the fights.

I say flat out, every player who cares about WoW should avoid LFR. Leave it for the dregs of the community to wallow in. Every tier it becomes more and more a place for horrible narcissists and social misfits to abuse one another.
    cannot support this statement. I have never been kicked out of an LFR after a wipe and I can be very direct about people wasting my time.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys, I am going to que for the new wing of LFR today soon as I get on.

Who wants to come for a laugh?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    cannot support this statement. I have never been kicked out of an LFR after a wipe and I can be very direct about people wasting my time.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys, I am going to que for the new wing of LFR today soon as I get on.

Who wants to come for a laugh?
    I'll go, but because sadly I realized this morning that I still need 1handers.

Comp#1844

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    LMAO

Here is perfection ->> -----
    Here is the level of skill required to tank an LFR ->> -----
    Here is where at least half of the tanks in LFR actually are ->> -----
    That's exactly why nobody want to tank in LFR. You're probably the one yelling after every tank as soon as they mak a single mistake and ragequit.

Just one question for you. Why the fuck you're still going in LFR?
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

That's exactly why nobody want to tank in LFR. You're probably the one yelling after every tank as soon as they mak a single mistake and ragequit.

Currently I'm going into LFR because I recently resubbed and I need 1handers so I can find a guild to progress through Normal/HM content. Otherwise I wouldn't, because is have no need to.

And I don't yell at tanks or anyone else in LFR. I'm a firm believer that LFR is always going to be filled with low skilled/AFK players, and I'm not going to bitch about it when I go in, it doesn't solve anything.

Just because I bring up a valid point doesn't warrant your assumptions. The attitude you portray here, however, is one I see in a lot of people who do complain consistently in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I'll go, but because sadly I realized this morning that I still need 1handers.

Comp#1844
    inj#1944 is mine

- - - Updated - - -

Oh. I actually just give it right back. It is very comical.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter if you're a good tank or a bad tank. Everyone who tanks will get shit on in LFR at some point, probably sooner rather than later. I'm gearing up my shaman Enhance spec (Ele is mainly flex/bit of normal) at the moment and I see it day in day out. I couldn't care less if the Tank sucks, he doesn't need to be good. For the love of god just don't berate the guy and kick him so we have to wait 20 fucking minutes for a new one who will be equally as shit.