Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Blizz needs to either: lower Timeless Isle gear Ilvl, or increase LFR Soo ivlvl req

First off, I like the Timeless Isle.
    It gives people something to do, and allows returning players to catch up.

I also love LFR and Flex raiding.

However, the problem arises when the two of these are combined.
    What Blizzard has created is a true hell. Screw Satan, he aint got shit in LFR SoO.

What happens now is that clueless players, new or not, can jump straight into the latest tier of LFR with 30 minutes of Isle farming.
    This results in the majority of your LFR consisting of dps that hover between 30-50k dps.
    Often said players are obnoxious and refuse to take advice, or follow simple instructions.

I literally had a wing 3 of SoO where 8, count em, EIGHT dps were between that margin. This was with 2 stacks of determination.
    And this was not an isolated incident, earlier today I had the great displeasure of spending 2 hours on Galakras, again, because of players like this.

Ofcourse, you had this in far lessser proportions in previous tiers, with people geared in pvp crap which they got by afking BG's.
    But it has never been as bad as it is now.

Therefore, I feel that something needs to be done.

Either:
    Lower the itemlevel of Timeless Isle gear, but keep the stats the same.
    Increase the required itemlevel for SoO, and make Timeless gear not count towards it, UNLESS you have Silver in the proving grounds.

You'll just end up dealing with the same bad people in slightly better gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    You'll just end up dealing with the same bad people in slightly better gear.
    Then kindly explain why it has never been THIS bad up until the Clueless Isle came along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Then kindly explain why it has never been THIS bad up until the Clueless Isle came along.
    All they will do is get their Timeless Isle gear, do a ToT for the required iLvl, then queue with 2K more DPS.

First off, I like the Timeless Isle.
    It gives people something to do, and allows returning players to catch up.

I also love LFR and Flex raiding.

However, the problem arises when the two of these are combined.
    What Blizzard has created is a true hell. Screw Satan, he aint got shit in LFR SoO.

What happens now is that clueless players, new or not, can jump straight into the latest tier of LFR with 30 minutes of Isle farming.
    This results in the majority of your LFR consisting of dps that hover between 30-50k dps.
    Often said players are obnoxious and refuse to take advice, or follow simple instructions.

I literally had a wing 3 of SoO where 8, count em, EIGHT dps were between that margin. This was with 2 stacks of determination.
    And this was not an isolated incident, earlier today I had the great displeasure of spending 2 hours on Galakras, again, because of players like this.

Ofcourse, you had this in far lessser proportions in previous tiers, with people geared in pvp crap which they got by afking BG's.
    But it has never been as bad as it is now.

Therefore, I feel that something needs to be done.

Either:
    Lower the itemlevel of Timeless Isle gear, but keep the stats the same.
    Increase the required itemlevel for SoO, and make Timeless gear not count towards it, UNLESS you have Silver in the proving grounds.
    Isle of Why The Fuck Are We Here gear needs a rework for sure...lame as hell that the "catchup gear" ilvl base is the same as the first tier of raiding....

It's that bad because people who usually carry bads now are in Flex.

Because Flex was introduced reducing the amount of people who carry LFR groups. The problem is not Timeless Isle. The problem is the players as it has always been.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amutx/advanced

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sometimes those opinions are wrong though." Daxxarri

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem isn't low gear it's bad players. Always has been. Give a good player ~496 gear and they can pull ~100k no problem. Give a baddie that gear and OFC they'll play bad.

When i do LFRs i usually just watch a movie and tab in occasionally. When the movie is over its usually at 4-5 stacks of determination.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    It's that bad because people who usually carry bads now are in Flex.
    I'm going to agree with this.

Flex has taken a lot of the "better" players out of LFR. I now only do Flex and occasionally normal but I used to only do LFR and rarely normal. Dealing with LFR now is just not fun, more of a chore. Some groups are better than others but for the most part it's horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    install oqueue and do flex with pugs - lfr is dead to me.
    I try to avoid Oqueue as much as possible. Some of those groups turn into the same shit that LFR is after 1 wipe. But generally yeah, go with Oqueue If you're hating LFR that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    When i do LFRs i usually just watch a movie and tab in occasionally. When the movie is over its usually at 4-5 stacks of determination.
    Thank you for being a part of the problem.
    Last edited by QwertySham; 2013-10-14 at 02:43 AM.

The quality of lfr players does seem bad atm but I don't think its just down to one reason. These are but some of the reasons imo.
    Timeless isle and ease of gearing
    Flex taking many good players
    Simplification of leveling dungeons
    The panda and pokemon factor
    No reason for well geared players to do lfr now
    No 'requirement' on joining lfr apart from gear - personally I would like to see silver in proving grounds on at least 1 char

However having said that I don't think its necessarily a bad thing that lfr isn't face roll now (at least in terms of you aren't guaranteed to kill the boss), it was never designed to be a turn up = loot thing, more a taste of raiding for those who cant keep a raiding schedule
    Last edited by Aktec; 2013-10-14 at 02:49 AM.

I think really bad players used to be diluted into a bigger mix of decent ones so they impacted a run less.

With more people presumably running flex now you have a bigger proportion of bads in lfr. This makes it harder to kill bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Isle of Why The Fuck Are We Here gear needs a rework for sure...lame as hell that the "catchup gear" ilvl base is the same as the first tier of raiding....
    The gear that was obtained from Badges of Justice in 2.4 was roughly equal to the current raid tier.

Deleted
    To ease LFR Blizz should, if anything, add even more higher i-lvl gear in to game. This would directly help the struggling donalds.

While were at it, this gear should also be nonsocketed to avoid difficulties. More stats could be added to gear directly and make it so when the set is complete, it needs no reforging/gemming/enchanting since it can be a handful, especially with tools where you load up a char and press "Calculate".

UI should be streamlined. One half-screen sized button to do stuff and one button if the game somehow manages to kill you, so you can buff yourself with "Tears Of Noob". Tears of Noob buffs your damage by 500% and makes you immune to any damage. When you get 10 stacks of it you get Aw3zoem dargonslayya title you can proudly wear.

because decent people moved on to flex, outside selling q's, set pieces and trinkets; most raiders don't bother with lfr anymore.

They really just need to remove LFR, and turn it into 5 man "elite" dungeons. That means mechanics and dps matters. Same layout. 4 wings 3 bosses whatever.

Except it was this bad before. Just because you didn't experience it doesn't mean it didn't happen. I remember plenty of ToT groups of 10-20k dps people.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love hyperbole.

It isn't that bad, but I see your overall point. I think it is really a problem caused by easy alt gearing and too many players not understanding class mechanics as well as they think they do.

I bet it will stabilize shortly though...and I fear for the wasteland TI will become.

10+ Year Old Account
    The issues is (and always has been) players, not the isle.

Now people who didn't want to deal with the stupidity of LFR have an option to run stuff relatively stupid-free. Of course players are going to flock to that. Why on earth would anyone want to queue with a bunch of random douchebags who look for any reason they can to be rude pricks and shit-talkers, when you can have complete control over a group?

If LFR hadn't turned into this out-of-control cesspool of insecure assholes trying to make anyone and everyone else look and feel like shit, you'd have a whole hell of a lot less people jumping the ship and swimming to Flex.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Except it was this bad before. Just because you didn't experience it doesn't mean it didn't happen. I remember plenty of ToT groups of 10-20k dps people.
    Also, this. I've never run an LFR group where there weren't several people being carried.

You can do more than 50k dps in quest greens, people doing damage that poor are not doing so because of gear.

Oh it was. It was.

Remember you have to compare LFR now to LFR when the first few wings of ToT came out, not late in ToT's lifecycle when everyone knew the strats and had heaps of practice and most of the gear. New wings are always hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.