15+ Year Old Account

[TV] Walking Dead question

I decided that tomorrow I'm going to watch the show for the first time (going to bed now otherwise I'd do it now) and thought I'd come on here and ask a few questions.

1. How many seasons of the show have I missed?
    2. What happened in the last episode that I should know about going into this week's episode?
    3. How gorey is the show?
    4. What's the general idea of the show?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I decided that tomorrow I'm going to watch the show for the first time (going to bed now otherwise I'd do it now) and thought I'd come on here and ask a few questions.

2. What happened in the last episode that I should know about going into this week's episode?

Thanks
    youve missed 3 seasons and you really shouldnt watch it without watching the first 3. if they throw a gut punch you wont feel it if you arent connected to the characters and theres lots of things you might misinterpret or not catch if you dont know whats happened before.

and it can be a bit gorey but i dont think its that bad

and the general idea of the show is a soap opera with zombies thrown in it.
    Last edited by Immitis; 2013-10-14 at 05:25 AM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    youve missed 3 seasons and you really shouldnt watch it without watching the first 3. if they through a gut punch you wont feel it if you arent connected to the characters and theres lots of things you might misinterpret or not catch if you dont whats happened before.

and it can be a bit gorey but i dont think its that bad

and the general idea of the show is a soap opera with zombies thrown in it.
    this guy has pretty much said it right. I would HIGHLY recommend watching the 1st 3 reasons so you can get a background idea of why the charcs are like what they are. But the best way i can i put it to you. Start-Awesome Middle-Meh Mixed in with some zombies been killed End-Makes you want to see the next episode since they left a open end. My view anyways
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry to be a bum but there is a walking dead megathread that can be hard to find sometimes that would probably be better for this question
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post

Thanks
    1. 3 Seasons and one episode from season 4 (just aired yesterday).
    2. This show doesn't work like that I recommend like other posters in this thread to watch it from the beginning or skip it.
    3. It contains a lot of gore obviously but it is to be expected from a zombie setting.
    4. Survival/No Hope/Running.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    sorry to be a bum but there is a walking dead megathread that can be hard to find sometimes that would probably be better for this question
    It has a big spoiler tag on it anyone who didn't watch the latest episode should stay away from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    It has a big spoiler tag on it anyone who didn't watch the latest episode should stay away from it.
    yeah, i learned my lesson from another show megathread. i thought i was safe since i was caught up with current episodes, but then people started posting their 'predictions', and it spoiled the twist when it happened down the line.

while i dont think watching the first seasons are 'mandatory' while watching current stuff as it airs. its pretty highly recommended.

if you like the current stuff, then you'll prolly wanna be watching more of it, so it only makes sense to go back and catch up on the last 3 seasons. (they probably play better if you arent waiting a week or two between episodes, too)

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should really watch the first season. Its only 6 episodes and it should give you a general idea if the show is for you.